[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this new ajj song sucks ass holy shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
this new ajj song sucks ass holy shit
>>
I can't think of any other band that perfectly captures the word "wennie"
>>
>>62998866
>wennie
I can't think of anything that captures the word "wennie"
>>
not that bad desu
>>
Its average, I hope it isnt on the album but I don't think they'll write anything as good as Knife Man again
>>
it's absolutely shite. They are one of my favorite bands and to see them turn into this makes me sick.
>>
>>62998908
AJJ
>>
why did they changed their names?
>>
>>62998804
Completely agree. I wish I understood why some people don't mind it - sounds like shitty karaoke and lacks any semblance of personality that made andrew jackson jihad stand out.
>>
Yeah it's probably the worst single I've heard from any band this year or last. Makes me wanna throw food at them and steal their gear.
>>
>>62999326
b/c they felt that andrew jackson jihad was "politically incorrect"
>>
>>62999462
>Makes me wanna throw food at them and steal their gear.

Simply do it. They're just a bunch of frail nu-males with eviscerated nutsacks.
>>
>>62999567
Yeah but they're not on tour rn. I'd gladly challenge that Sean faggot to a fight.
>>
>>62999555
so? they are free to do whatever they want to their band name. its not like anyone forced them to do it, they themselves decided to. nobody complained about the name. dunno why so many people are upset about their completely free choice of changing the band name. (i dont mean specificaly you, just the people who complain about it and will probably show up any second now)
>>
>>62999668
of course they ultimately made the decision themselves - it's their band. but to suggest they made this choice completely free of outside pressure, especially considering their facebook post, is extremely naive.

and honestly it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't couple the name change announcement with the worst single they've ever released. it sounds like a christmas island b-side.
>>
>>62999869
i heard nobody complain about the name. maybe they got a few messages but there was no general shitstorm about how their name was offensive. so im really sure it was completely their own choice. maybe even to build up hype for the new single.
>>
>>62999960
From their facebook post:
>We would like to thank those who have reached out over the years to let us know that the name is problematic...

fuck off.
>>
>>62999668
they're free to change their name and people are free to openly mock them for it. the concept of a folk punk/anything punk band being afraid to offend people is pathetic in the eyes of many, so they'll point out that they think it's pathetic. stop being so defensive.
>>
>>63000016
yeah, sounds like a couple of people who told them in private. not a decision made out of any pressure at all. you fuck off dipshit.
>>
>>63000060
lol you ultimately have no idea how many people have complained to them over the years and neither do i. but yeah im sure "a couple" is spot on, makes sense.
>>
Of course it is. Andrew Jackson Social Justice Warrior is a bad band
>>
>>63000060
>"nobody complained about the name"
>proven totally wrong
>"yeah ok well only a few people did so fuck off"

just stop posting.
>>
>>62999326
I'd get if they go by AJJ as an abbreviation, but are they really not going by "Andrew Jackson Jihad" at all anymore?
>>
>>62998866
that isn't even a word
>>
>>63000159
>>63000211
i said i heard nobody openly complain about it. there was no shitstorm. where you here for the viet cong thing? people were going apeshit about how the name is offensive. ajj didn't experience anything like that. did you hear anybody complain about it before the name change? i bet you didn't. ive seen more people complain about the new name desu. stop being so offended by the name change you pussy. its all a marketing stunt for the new album anyway.
>>
>>63000216
>Now that we are AJJ we can be "Arizona Juvenile Justice", "Anonymous Junk Jugglers," "Actress January Jones" (Chris Farren thought of that one) the possibilities are endless and we're very excited to see what you all come up with.

sounds like they're distancing themselves from the name entirely. well, as "entirely" as they can without sacrificing their brand, which is even more of a slap in the face. if they really cared, they'd have abandoned the name altogether and changed it entirely. calling themselves "AJJ" isn't even fixing the issue they claim they want to fix - By merely using an abbreviation, "Andrew Jackson Jihad" is still the first word that's going to come into people's minds. just pathetic.
>>
>>63000057
So true, the band has literally lost any sense of identity now. They've given their teeth away and in turn nobody will be listening to this bland unoffensive shit.
>>
>>63000308
>>63000308
>its all a marketing stunt for the new album anyway
>literally abandoning an extremely recognizable band name that you've released music under for over a decade and replacing it with some trite abbreviation and completely alienating half your fanbase

i'm no marketing expert, but i'd wager you're wrong again.
>>
>>63000057
AJJ are not punk lol
>>
>>63000484
they have been more in the mouth of people in the past week than theyve been in the past years. and its not like they changed their name to something completely different, its still AJJ.
>>
>>63000518
sure, you could ascribe to the whole notion that "any publicity is good publicity," but there's hundreds of other things they could have done that'd be arguably less damaging to their careers if marketing was truly their concern
>>
>>63000598
good music being one of them
>>
>>63000057
>the concept of a folk punk/anything punk band being afraid to offend people is pathetic

i'm pretty sure taking note of people's views and trying not to exclude anyone was one of the main points of punk, you poser fuck
>>
>>63001002
also this

not all cultural movements were neckbeard-friendly guys, and punk least of all
>>
>>63000057
Is this viewpoint shared by a sizable amount of people outside /mu/ or are you just bullshitting
>>
File: 1451627416525.gif (2 MB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1451627416525.gif
2 MB, 265x308
>>63001002
>i'm pretty sure taking note of people's views and trying not to exclude anyone was one of the main points of punk

holy fuck you are retarded
>>
AJJ?

Yeah! I love those Awesome Justice Junkies!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.