[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is innovation in music over? has everything been done.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: kv130Z2.png (1 MB, 719x669) Image search: [Google]
kv130Z2.png
1 MB, 719x669
is innovation in music over? has everything been done.
>>
innovative =/= good
>>
>>62993690
>is innovation in music over?
no its just the beginning
>has everything been done.
not even close
>>
>>62993690
innovation is an illusion, everything is just a rearrangement of pure essence
>>
No there is still ways to be innovative in music. Now for film its pretty much dead.
>>
Dunno. I can't see into the future.
>>
No but I think modern people are not willing to accept innovation anymore
>>
After Bottomless Pit
>>
Hip-Hop is just starting to enter it's extreme experimentation phase and it's going to be the new rock.
>inb4 rockist fags claim otherwise
You know it's true.
>>
>>62993786
This
Death Grips, while many don't care for them have been the guys helping the push and Kanye and others are starting to follow suite
>>
>>62993757
>For films it's dead

Nah I'd say way less so than music, what can be done with film is almost infinite
>>
There's not an awful lot of unexplored terrain left, especially when rule out technical innovations (recording techniques etc).
>>
>>62993786
I hate hip hop, though I kind of agree with this. Actually I think there will be a form of experimental hip hop that will actual finally be real music, that the kanye/DG/hurrr noise is experimental fags will absolutely hate. looking forward to it.
>>
>>62993810
Music sonically can be changed and manipulated so much more work infinite possibilities. Films still has limits and a lot of the most innovative stuff that's happened to film has already happened while music still has people doing the innovation
>>
It's more about what we can take.
>>
>>62993690
What about a music format that changes a songs sound and structure randomly Every time it is played?
>>
>>62993864
Sounds awful
>>
>>62993943
randomly generated music is the future, vocaloid/virtual instrument technology with artificial intelligence will open Pandora's box
>>
>>62993943
generative electronics senpai
>>
>>62993690
>>62993856
>has everything been done
Not even close, all broadly-termed genres are infinite
>is innovation in music over
Yes because the internet raped out culture and natural state of being

>>62993786
This is basically true
The problem with hip hop though is that it exists in a cultural plane of redundancy, there is experimentation but the basis of the genre is more or less too rooted in accessibility and materialism and artificiality.
Culturally speaking, though, it is basically the modern equivalent of rock in the 60s.
>>
>>62994072
>Culturally speaking, though, it is basically the modern equivalent of rock in the 60s.
Couldn't have said it better. It's gonna be exciting to see hip-hop evolve.
>>
>>62993975
What does? I literally didn't describe anything other than saying it may one day become actually good and that crowd will hate it XD
>>
>>62994100
It would be, it's just I'm worried how popular hip hop is going to evolve just based on what is interpreted as being "good" (TPAB is supposed to be a "classic" but the album's acclaim comes as a result of its cultural relevancy rather than for its actual musical or lyrical innovation).
>>
>>62994156
Noisy hip hop is the best hip hop, you have shit taste
>>
>>62994230
did you miss the part where I said I hate hip hop period, as in all of it? I don't think any of it is listenable, not just the """"noisey"""" shit lol
>>
>>62994230
>XD
>lol

you are quite the memer.
>>
>>62994526
>can't converse without talking about memes

definitely a hip hop fan
>>
>>62994582
>listening to one genre

no thank you
>>
>>62994526 was for >>62994266
>>
>>62994602
can't understand basic english either? No need to repeat myself at this point I suppose.
>>
>>62994667
What? No I don't consider myself a hip hop fan, the times I enjoy hip hop is because I think the beat is interesting, Rarely do rappers grab me.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.