[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this his most underrated album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Nas-I_Am_-Frontal.jpg (284 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
Nas-I_Am_-Frontal.jpg
284 KB, 953x953
Is this his most underrated album?
>>
>>62989483
WE
>>
its hilarious how quickly rappers become irrelevant. Nas' debut came out the same year as Radioheads and we still talk fondly about one. rough life for rappers man
>>
>>62989499
WUZ
>>
KANGZ
>>
N
>>
>>62989566
SHIET
>>
DID
>>
>>62989663
THE
>>
>>62989513
idk man i listened to illmatic just today
>>
MAN
>>
>>62989499
>>62989544
>>62989548
>>62989566
>>62989577
>>62989663
>>62989733
>>62989749
these aren't very helpful

>>62989483
I wanna say most of his discography is underrated cause all anyone ever talks about is Illmatic, maybe Life is Good sometimes. I can't really say what's the most underrated cause I haven't listened to all of his shit. I plan to, though.
>>
>>62989760
WE
>>
>>62989742
thats not what he meant moron.
>>
>>62989794
idk man you might wanna reread that post
>>
>>62989858
do we still talk about Nas in the same way we talk about radiohead is how i interpreted that. they debuted the same year but 1 has had a long succesful career
>>
>>62989499
>>62989544
>>62989566
>>62989577
Czech'd

>>62989548
Tuff luck famola
>>
HOL
>>
>>62989867
nas hasn't?
>>
UP
>>
Is this album a meme now? Because the cover itself is funny so it should
>>
>>62993719
DID
>>
Jesus, you guys are worse than /v/
>>
SO
>>
>>62993738
Most of nas's album covers are ass, just look at stillmatics
>>
Nastradamus is.

People act like its the worst album ever when it's actually just really mediocre.
>>
*smacks lips profusely*
>>
Why does no one remember the NIGGER album? That was good, it was the TPAB of that generation
>>
U BE SAYING WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHEIT?
>>
>>62995224

>it was the TPAB of that generation

it came out not even ten years ago
>>
>>62989867
>>62993715
this comparison would work better if you chose a more commercially successful rapper like jay-z. nas was a wise lyricist, but jay was the wiser businessman.
>>
>>62989513

thats because of the culture. being "hot" just means your making good music currently at the time. The moment you stop and take a break someone is going to take your place. that's why so many people marveled at Wayne for his output back when the Carter 3 dropped and YMG was still a thing.

the moment Future or Young Thug stops making music for a year someone else will step up and fill the void.

>>62989760

Because Illmatic is just that good. but it's universally accepted that "I am..." and "Nastradamus" are his weakest albums.

It Was Written is criminally undderrated because of this as it was put after Illmatic and before his weakest efforts.

The Lost Tapes, God Son, Hip-Hop Is dead and Life Is Good are his best albums imo. Stillmatic is a love/hate relationship, the first half of that album is 10/10 but the latter half falls off huge for me.

Street's disciple is a double cd. take of that what you will.
>>
>>62989513

When all you do in your lyrics are pop references to trends, to what the cool thing is that year, who the celebrity in everyone's mouth is at the moment, etc etc, your stuff is goint to get old very, very fast.

Thus, old, replayable hip-hop classics tend to have much less trend-of-the-month pop references.

Seriosuly, in twenty years no one is going to understand half of what rappers nowadays say —and it'll be all their fault. Think of it.
>>
>>62993788
most hip hop album covers are desu
>>
ayo hol up
>>
No, it was written is his most underrated and the inly other good album. I am... was shit, ill have to give it another listen but i remember it being forgettable.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.