[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck it, Tool thread. Post fav song. Third Eye motherfuckers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 299x300
Fuck it, Tool thread. Post fav song.

Third Eye motherfuckers.
>>
third eye was one of the only songs i could ever feel right playing along to on drums.

ticks & leeches, or jabmi would have to be my favorite.
>>
Personally i love "Right in Two".
Such a meaningful and complex song
>>
PRYING OPEN APPLE PIE
>>
>>62986776
Stinkfist is an amazing opener
>>
flood best song always
>>
>>62986923
Came here to watch you bake,
Why are you running away?
>>
>>62986776
Hooker With A Penis
>>
>people music
>>
tfw used to listen to too much tool.
literally the only band i listened to during high school.
>>
>>62986990
Elabor8 plz.
>>
I'd pick all of 10,000 days. I can listen to that album front to back any day.
>>
>>62986776
just bought salival today
Favorite song: either Pushit (Live) or Third Eye
>>
>>62986776
(-) Ions
>>
>>62987000
>too much
>tool

I find that hard to believe.
>>
BEFORE I PIIINE AWAAAY
>>
Tool was a lot cooler when I was 13, their lyrics and ideas seem so lame and edgy now

anyway, my favourite is The Patient
>>
I KNOW THE PIECES FIT
>>
Forty Six & 2

>>62987123
They're probably the most objective band ive encountered.
>>
YOU LIE, CHEAT AND STEAL
YOU LIE, CHEAT AND STEAL
YOU LIE, CHEAT AND STEAL
>>
>>62987000
i know this feel
>>
>>62987000
I haven't listened to a Tool album in probably over a year simply because I feel like I've squeezed so much out of it all from serious play. I still remember every word and every lick in my head.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05bCCcqAJRw
>>
I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest
>>
>>62987525
k
>>
Cold and ugly
>>
I've had all of Tool's albums and EPs downloaded for a few years but never listened to them

Where should I start? From the beginning?
>>
>>62987623
It's all pretty accessible, it's more like the place to start with Maynard
>>
File: tool flowchart.jpg (307 KB, 1434x1725) Image search: [Google]
tool flowchart.jpg
307 KB, 1434x1725
>>62987623
Here's a Tool flowchart. I started with Aenima personally and then moved forward chronologically from there, but this flowchart is good enough if you want to go with it.
>>
>>62987623
>I've had all of Tool's albums and EPs downloaded for a few years but never listened to them

I avoid Undertow like the plague, there's some good songs but they were still working on their sound - Personally i dig 10,000 days the most but these old geezers are going to say start with Opiate - not a bad EP at all but i dig 10,000 way more.

Lateralus or 10,000 would be my suggestion.
>>
>>62987727
I think 10,000 days benefits most from having experienced Aenima and Lateralus first though. You really get a feel for how the band has grown up and refined. Especially Maynard.
>>
>favorite song
Schism
>favorite album
Aenima

>>62987623
It's not like they have a huge discography and it'll take forever to get to the best stuff. If you start at the beginning it's fun to hear how their sound has evolved over each album.
>>
>>62986776
Vicarious. 10,000 days is for sure my favorite album of theirs by far.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.