[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Death Grips actually good? I've heard all their albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Are Death Grips actually good? I've heard all their albums many times and seen them live but the more I think about it the more I realize they're kinda boring and I like the idea of them more than the music.

Are they just a meme or do you think their music will hold up in the future? They were one of my favorites 3-4 years ago but now I look back at it like some people look back at Linkin Park/Green Day/etc. something you listen to when you're going through your le edgelord teenager/high school sk8r phase.
>>
they're a dead meme t.b.h.

no one cares anymore
barely anyone talks about bottomless pit compared to when nldw/tms/jenny death all came out
>>
>he fell for the le screaming black hobo meme
>>
they are good but definitely overrated/ talked about a little too much. When im in the mood they hit the spot just right
>>
>>62985948
Death Grips is among the worst music known to mankind. How it came to be popular is beyond me.
Shit music for pretentious shitters who are too stupid to know anything about music but still want to feel superior and edgy.
>>
File: 1440693454175.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1440693454175.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>this thread
>>
>>62986956
t. 14 year old Fantano-worshipper
>>
Fuck Death Grips.
>>
so many gigantic fucking faggots in this thread Jesus Christ

Death Grips are pretty good
>>
>>62987054
>>62987054
not cringe at all!
>>
>>62986026
it just needs a catchy new meme attached to it a la jenny death when, maybe like, have we hit the bottom yet? nah that sucks...idk
>>
>>62985948
>Death Grips
>boring
>meme
>Linkin Park
>edgelord

why the fuck are you retards sinking your malformed retard teeth into this bait
>>
>>62985948
im so glad you people exist, that you 'grow up' and and leave the music to those of us who love it.
>>
>>62987178
Not bait at all. I honestly am getting bored of them and don't feel the "spark"" or whatever I did when I was 17 listening to these guys. I'm 21 and it just seems kinda cheesy to me now.
>>
>Death Grips fans mad ITT
you'll get over it
>>
>>62987236
such obvious bullshit wow step your pimp game north son
>>
I think the problem is that a lot of people, including you, "liked" Death Grips because of hype culture, memes, and bandwagoning rather than because of their actual music. After a while, the joke that was fabricated by their "fans" became tired.

The fact that you are even asking /mu/ "Are Death Grips actually good?" like as if there's some objective answer somewhat proves your the problem and not Death Grips.

You make the comparison to Linkin Park and Green Day solely because Death Grips are antsy, without taking into consideration that that's not the only reason people grow to hate Linkin Park or Green Day.
>>
Death Gays amirite
>>
>>62987463
>step your pimp game north son
why did I laugh so hard??
>>
i like it cause they got punk attitude and good beats
>>
I listen to them because they're angry and sofisticated like me
>>
I've started listening to their albums

The Money Store is a 8/10, really good
No Love Deep Web is a 6/10, some nice stuff in there but overall it's average, too dark and chaotic, too angsty, too depressing, it's not bad since it's >5 but yeah. TMS did these things better.

What should I expect for the rest?
>>
I like them, but I've never really cared for the memes, just the music.
>>
Seriously some of the worst "music" ever created. You'd have to an edgy retarded 12 year old to actually enjoy this.
>>
teh deth gripz are purrfect for when im ownin newbs online wit muh mountain dew and browsin chan & le dank weebz with muh tor browser lels
>>
>>62989888
Checked
>>
>>62987497
This.
>>
>>62987497
Wow I came in here to say something similar good job anon
>>
Don't listen to Death Grips if your father is still alive it will break his poor heart & he may kill himself
>>
penis album
>>
>>62987497
Nice essay.
>>
>>62985948
Yes, they're like modern digital hardcore but good
>>
>>62989810

Listen to Exmilitary
>>
>>62986179
this familia
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.