[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that it's all blown over, non-meme thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: tlop.jpg (10 KB, 120x84) Image search: [Google]
tlop.jpg
10 KB, 120x84
now that it's all blown over, non-meme thoughts?
>>
terrible midsection but i'm glad we got it

3/5
>>
A huge disappointment with only one redeemable verse not even done by Kanye. trash
>>
i think it's a prequel. pusha is doing a prequel thing too. turbo grafx 16 is gonna be the real product.
>>
Tbh the production is god tier and the lyrics are ok except for songs where they are very good like Real Friends, FML, 30 hours. 7.5/10

Ultra Light Beam and Real Friends are 10/10 songs

>>62985301
this. Especially since you cant actually buy it and he said he was going to "fix" it but now theres photos going around of him and others in the studio for Turbo Grafx 16.
>>
It's ok

everybody is trying way too hard though
>>
It was a mess with a bunch of songs that could have been cut. Easily Kanye's least original album as nothing really sounds new except for the gospel shit and even then I've heard that done before just not by Kanye. Lyrically it's Kanye's worst. Overall I prefer it over Yeezus but it's still not a good album. 4/10, and only that high because of songs like ULB
>>
7/10 because i dont want to give kanye a 6. (because imho anything 6 or and lower carries the connotation of failure because of school grading)
some nice points, ULB is 10/10, but his worst release.
>>
File: Ca9-uyPVIAAoVZ3.jpg (79 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
Ca9-uyPVIAAoVZ3.jpg
79 KB, 600x603
>tfw still haven't listened to it
>>
https://streamable.com/zuz8

This was really bad. Is Kenya tone deaf? It's a good song, but in the performance it looks like everyone except him was good. Keep in mind I'm new to his stuff.
>>
>>62985206

if the tracklist is left in its current state of utter incoherence, then it's fucking awful.

if the tracklist is actually organized properly to reflect the thematic dualism that the art seems to suggest (Father/Waves/Feedback/Highlights on one side and Fall Out of Heaven/FML/Real Friends/Wolves/ULB on the other), then it's brilliant.

But there's still a lot of fucking problems even like that:

"Famous" needs to be scrapped (seriously, listening to that verse with the different arrangement on "Fall Out of Heaven" is a revelation. It's like "Can't Stop Partying" on Raditude vs. Alone)

"Fall Out of Heaven", possibly the best song on the album, needs to have the sample used on "FML" taken off, and maybe some autotune fixes as well.

"Wolves" needs to have that horrible "corniest niggas you wish you could unswallow" "refrain" taken out, and needs the Ocean/Sia/Vic Mensa features back in the mix in a way that doesn't make the song overlong or disjointed (seriously, the song just stops and starts over before the Sia feature, one of the best moments on the album, on the OG version)

"Only One" needs to come after "Wolves"

Also there's a skeleton of a really good sentimental, past oriented EP here with "30 Hours" and "Mama's Boyfriend" which doesn't fit the arc of the rest of the album

yeah, shit has a lot problems, but when it's good, it's sooooooo damn good:
>>
Lyrics are fucking terrible however the composition of the songs is brilliant.
>>
>>62985206
Awesome. Kanye has two or three types of albums. Albums with long track lists (Dropout, LR, TLOP), then he has short form concept albums (808s, Yeezus), progressive albums (MBDTF), and just straight up rap albums (Graduation). He's awesome, and this album does not disappoint. I can't believe he's coming out with another one so soon. I'm so hype. Kanye's awesome.
>>
6/10

Beat change up at end of famous is fantastic
30 hours is great for first three minutes
I like FML
Ultralight Beam is damn good

Six out of ten overall.
>>
>>62985206
yeah lets rate audio blogs why dont you faggots rate pewdiepie episodes next it´s literally the same thing just talking shit for the sake of talking shit and occasionally there´s even a background loop made in 10 seconds
>>
>>62986027
>https://streamable.com/zuz8
that performance was especially bad for some reason, but ye is infamous for being a mediocre singer. album version sounds way better
>>
MBDTF > CD > LR > TLOP > GD > YZ > 808

7/10

His next album is going to be album of the life, you heard it here first.
>>
College Dropout - 8.0
Late Registration - 9.0
Graduation - 8.5
808s and Heartbreak - 6.0
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - 9.5
Yeezus - 8.5
The Life of Pablo - 9.0

I really like Kanye. This is a very endearing album for me. It's not his best, but I have listened to it almost as much as MBDTF
>>
There's at 10/10 somewhere in TLOP's multiple track listings, it's just that the listing that got released is by far the weakest
>>
>>62985721
>Picture
What the fuck, why?
>>
File: 1443734700136.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1443734700136.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>62987710
This guy gets it.
>>
>>62986775
l>ists 4 good songs out of like 16
>gives 6/10
>>
>>62985206
Should have committed to the Gospel style it begins with. As it is it's just an ugly clash of musical styles, and Kanye trying to justify it by comparing it to Pablo Picasso just makes it worse

Ultralight Beam and Father Stretch My Hands Pt 1 & 2 are great
>>
>think the lyrics are atrocious
>hate kanye as a person
>can't stop listening
what is wrong with me
>>
>>62990423
Agreed.
>>
>>62990437
yes
>>
>>62988224
>>62987710
>putting 808 that low

MBDTF > CD > TLOP > 808 > LR > GD > YZ
>>
9/10, not even memeing. One of his best.
>>
File: 1450248048271.jpg (7 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
1450248048271.jpg
7 KB, 208x243
>>62985206

>non-meme thoughts?

'Ultralight Beam' stands a chance of ending up hip-hop track of the year.

'All Day' should've been on this about mid way. Really would've improved the pace of the work as a whole and listening back to the track now it really seems like it belonged on it.

The album was kind of all over the place in a few sections but it's still light years ahead of what most people are doing in the mainstream sonically.

The kid still got it.
>>
Album is a fucking mess.
>>
>>62985206
4/10

yeezus was better
>>
8/10

Really good album.
>>
>>62986228
Shit opinions general?
>>
>>62985206

I'm disappointed.

CD > MBDTF > LR > 808s > Graduation > TLOP > Ye
>>
TLOP is garbage, people like you treat it like it's some modern classic, it's just a banal meandering record full of empty style that wears thing after a few listens. Compare it to a record like Spiderland, Loveless, Soundtracks for the blind, or Lift Your Skinny Fists, it doesn't even hold it's own against even the first sides to those LP's. To add even more, his music will have no longevity, it's a simulacrum and mash of musical trends that have long gone out of fashion and are only popular due to this generations obsession with recreating the past. Shit record, shit taste, please fuck off back to /r/eddit
>>
Forgettable
>>
Never listened to Kanye but gave in to the hype. Looking past the cringeworthy shit he occasionally says it's a good album.

8/10
>>
8/10 pretty good

Top 5 songs
1 FSMH pt.1
2.ULB
3.Waves
4.Famous
5.Og Wolves
>>
>>62985206
When is the next album coming out? This year? There seemed to be a fuckton of extra tracks
>>
The College Dropout - 4,5
Late Registration - 4,5
Graduation - 4,5
808s - 4,0
MBDTF - 4,5
Yeezus - 4,5
TLOP - 4,0
>>
>>62986228
Wait what? What are those songs?
>Fall out of Heaven
>Only One
>Mama's Boyfriend
Do I have the wrong album or something?
>>
Hey has anyone any idea where I could find again the 30-minute Kanye West philosophy movie referenced here at 1:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04o7urBheb8

I saw it once and really liked what they did with the visuals in it. But it was taken down or something and I haven't been able to find it again. Help?
>>
>>62991576
>Compare it to a record like (entry level /mu/core albums)
Almost took the bait
>>
>>62985206
>Didn't use the original versions of Fade or Wolves
>30 Hours and FML aren't that good
>Lyrics aren't really good
>Kinda wish he used people other than Rihanna or Chris Brown, since their voices are a pop trope at this point

6/10. I'd be willing to ignore the last two if he fixed the first two. It'd be a 10/10 if he fixed all of these.
>>
>>62991882
Those are songs that got leaked from the TLOP recording sessions that didn't make it on the album. Also some rarities that haven't been released yet (the uncensored version of School Spirit, New God Flow, All Day Remix w/Kendrick, original version of Wolves etc.).
>>
>>62991892
runaway?
>>
>>62992182
No, Runaway was made by Kanye West himself. The video I have in mind was made by fans, and consisted of snippets of his most outrageous interviews.
>>
Best Kanye album so far imho
>>
>>62992295
there are not many of us. but i thoroughly agree.
if i compare some of the productions on tlop with his earlier work, it simply blows them out of the water production-wise.
>>
>>62985392
Speaking of which, have the people that paid for it gotten their downloads?
>>
>>62987710
Switch yeezus and 808 tho
>>62990483
808 had like two good songs fuck outta here
>>
>>62986228
Actually you don't get to rearrange the album.
>>
>>62992384

I can organize the album however I want when I listen to it on my playlist

Doesn't mean you have to
>>
It is a 10 and his second best album right under MBDTF. literally you cannot name a flaw if you tried
>>
>>62992968

lyrics are dog shit and the production is lazy. it's second worst Ye album.
>>
>>62993021
>WAH LYRICS AREN'T PREACHY AND PHILOSOPHICAL

>lazy production
name one song on this album that has bad production
>>
This album is actually trash.

insecure ramblings from a man with a faux god complex
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.