[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You like music! Like, oh my god! Me too! >Oh? So what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>You like music! Like, oh my god! Me too!
>Oh? So what kind of music do you listen to?
>Haha, I listen to like, a little bit of like, everything y'know? A bit of Taylor Swift, Linkin Park, Macklemore, even some classic rock like ACDC! I HATE country though!
>mmhm...
>How about you anon? What kind of music do you listen to?
How do you respond?
>>
File: 1454242321675.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454242321675.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>
Hiphop
>>
>>62978406
dumb weeaboo
>>
Post-avant jazzcore
>>
uhhhhhhhhhhhh ya know a lot of different stuff
>like what?
fuck
>>
File: Man-Against-Machine-630.jpg (435 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
Man-Against-Machine-630.jpg
435 KB, 630x630
>>62978368
Country
>>
I don't listen to music, it's all brainwashing garbage
>>
weird shit
and a lot of rap
>>
Tbh I never have convos about music anymore. Women identify themselves within some cultural oppression matrix and they all listen to the asme artists: Beyonce, Taylor swift, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West if they are normie, and assorted woman led indie rock bands like speedy ortiz and bully on top of that if they are 'indie'. Men do this too (With artists like swans ) but the way we used to identify ourselves, through our music taste, is just not as much of a factor anymore because of this 5th wave feminism.
>>
psychedelic trance
>>
It's possible to discuss your music tastes in an accessible way without sounding like a sperg.
An example; http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_
>>
>>62978452
i do the same. but then i'd usually just list several artists i like and then they respond with "never heard of of them"
>>
i like all music except from rock and electronic and any subgenres of the genres i have listed
>>
>>62978513
shut up
>>
Spit in their face, and call them a pleb for not being a patrician and listening to experimental and noise.
>>
>>62978562
But that's the spergiest profile I've ever read.
>>
rather than tell them what music i like i would change the subject to helping them find better music because people like themselves more than they like you so there you go /mu/ now you never have to worry about this apparent problem you guys have ever again
>>
>>62978562
how embarrassing
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 300x300
Oh, I'm a school shooter man myself. NIN, KMFDM, the list goes on...
>>
>>62978562
>a few specific directors who I'd say I really love and have also influenced me greatly in various ways would be; Woody Allen, Yasujiro Ozu, Andrew Bujalski, Sean Baker, Eric Rohmer, Richard Linklater, and Abbas Kiarostami.
>Really big fan of the Iranian New Wave, and Mumblecore movements.
>I read a lot. Mostly non-fiction.
>I'd like to write academic level literature in a few specific subjects at some point in my life. I like to consider myself an secular Abrahamic religious scholar.
>reads copious amounts of manga
>Lately I find myself listening to a lot of psych-pop, dream-pop, noise-pop, shoegaze, and industrial hip-hop.
Oh yeah, not spergy at all.
>>
>>62978368
I like Lady Gaga...
>>
>>62978802
I don't think that sounds spergy. He seems like a pretty passionate dude who is clear and unpretentious about his interests.
>>
>>62978585
That stops the conversation tho which sucks
>>
>>62978368
It's a balance.

Don't sacrifice your integrity by saying you're into mainstream corporate manufactured bullshit (unless you like something in that direction, of course)

On the other hand, don't describe your taste as 'eclectic' or coyly dodge the question.

Just pick something like "Bjork" or "Modest Mouse" if you can, and people usually will say something like "Oh, that stuff."

Otherwise, you could just say "Indie Rock." Even some terms like "Ambient" work perfectly fine, and you'll get away without coming anywhere close to looking like a freak.
>>
File: 1179.jpg (312 KB, 1467x1099) Image search: [Google]
1179.jpg
312 KB, 1467x1099
>>62978513

this tbqhwyfam
>>
>I listen to recordings of people having night terrors with synth improvisation
>wow anon you're so cool please come home with me and cum on my face
>>
>>62978562
Dude seems cool as fuck.
Not sure why everybody is calling him a sperg.
>>
>>62978562
anon you..... you don't get laid a lot? do you?
>>
>>62978368

"Mostly experimental rock, anything that's really dissonant or has weird rhythms. The Mars Volta is a good example you might know." Because I'm capable of just stating what I like in a conversation instead of worrying that others might not share the exact same tastes (hint: they won't).
>>
>>62978665
>>62978767
>>62978802
lol
>>62978902
>>62979039
Thanks.

>>62979210
Pretty frequently actually.
I'm quite extroverted and people seem to like me a lot.
>>
>>62979033
I'd actually be really interested in hearing a recording like that. Does such a thing exist?
>>
>>62978368
o i am cringin
>>
>>62978368
future, Kanye
>>
>>62978911
not always. i'd recommend them stuff or have them listen to anything i have on my phone, and they either enjoy it or think it's really weird.
>>
I usually say Joy Division. It never fails
>>
>>62978466
>man garth brooks against machine
why
>>
>>62978562
from reading the responses I thought all that stuff was on an rym page and didn't mind it
why the fuck would you put that on your okcupid
>>
>>62979285
>Arca - Mutant (the song) reminds me of that a bit, at least the first part
>>
>>62978922
This 2bh. I tell people I like pop, electronic, shoegaze, and ambient if they seem genuinely interested. "Dreamy pop music" if they don't.
>>
>>62979529
also dunno who the fuck I'm quoting, probably just retarded tbqh
>>
/r/ing that one song where that guy shoves a vacuum up his ass and screams
>>
>I listen to (insert favorite artists here)
That was easy.
>>
>>62979567
what
>>
>>62979576
i don't remember if it was a vacuum or a trumpet desu but it's out there
>>
>>62978562
If your tastes are this normie then yeah it wouldn't be difficult
>>
>>62979599
what type of fucking vacuum or trumpet could you get confused like that
>>
just say "hipster garbage"
>>
>>62979623
it was some asian guy if that helps
>>
File: 1455396733459.gif (4 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1455396733459.gif
4 MB, 512x384
Rock hip hop and metal but I like pretty much everything besides country.
>>
>Talking to 9/10 qt
>She says she's a huge music fan
>Ask what she likes
>>Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, HaNL, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Vangelis, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue. The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD, the list goes on and on..
>Scoff and walk away

So many poseur girls in my city, it's annoying.
>>
>>62979683
an asian ass-trumpet/vacuum, got it
>>
>>62979693
>go for a girl with fucked up teeth instead
classic montie
>>
I usually just say rock since they'll generally have no idea what post-rock or post-punk or shit like that is
>>
>>62979652
That's actually >>62979652
what I tell people. In those words exactly.
>>
>>62979746
it's the perfect response.
>>
>>62979693
No girl likes Merzbow. It was scientifically proven in Japan sometime in 1997.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.