[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the ironic thing about this musician is that most white reviewers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
the ironic thing about this musician is that most white reviewers (CoS, needle drop, pitchfork) hate him, while most black reviewers (DEHH, D. Respect, Big Ghost) like him a lot.

Huh.
>>
his fanbase is 98% white
>>
his next album will probably be good. he's been doing this whole meme depression and meme mystery bullshit for a little bit.
>>
is that irony? is that really ironic OP? SO IRONIC
>>
>>62941048
yeah it is, since that's the fucking definition of irony

>>62941021
this is what I mean.. feel like white publications are trying to seem 'blacker' by bashing gambino. also this board. yeah he's not 'cool', who cares?
>>
I don't get what's so bad about his music
>>
>>62941112
it's childish
>>
>>62941112
it's gambino
>>
>>62941112
I like him but some of the shit he says can be cringey as fuck
>>
that album was great, he has gotten a lot better lyrically and the beats are very cool
>>
OFFICIAL DEAD END HIP HOP REVIEWER POWER RANKINGS

1. Myke
2. Beezy
3. Kinge

>POWER GAP

4. Feefo

sorry feefo, you seem like the homie though
>>
>>62941130
Fair enough I guess, I like his flow though it's pretty chill
>>
>>62941172
just shit like calling himself the boy or a rich kid asshole...

like, you're 30 dude. stuff like that totally takes me out of the moment
>>
>>62941188
Yeah it's understandable but personally I don't see it to be so bad that people rate his albums so low
>>
>>62940934
>Big Ghost
>black
>>
>>62941086
How is it ironic at all
>>
>>62941722
The opposite of what you'd expect is irony.
>>
>>62941741
Why is that the opposite of what anyone would expect though
>>
>>62941751
Because childish gambino is accused of being 'white people rap" but white critics hate him. Maybe. I don't know. Not OP, sorry for bothering you guys.
>>
>>62941788
It's just funny to me that people on music forums love to label whatever type of rap that gets popular that isn't hardcore ghetto stuff as "white people rap" when that's really not a thing outside of maybe guys like Aesop Rock
>>
Bino is goat
>>
>>62941188
Its part of the character hes playing in his screenplay which the whole album was made for. Hes not talking about his actual self at all
>>
>>62941829

Childish Gambino is the definitoin of white people rap. Not even memeing like ther's plenty of rappers that have large white and black followings but Gambino's following is predominantly white.
>>
>>62941987
Pretty much every popular American rapper's following is predominantly white just by virtue of America being a predominantly white country, otherwise they wouldn't have enough fans to become that popular.
>>
I wish asian women could stop cucking him so he can go back to making music again
>>
>>62941829
No man, white people rap is definitely a thing, just look at odd future and death grips fanbases, same with "golden age hip hop'. I went to a de la soul show and there were about 3 black guys in a crowd of hundreds, but then again I was in Sussex.
>>
>>62942093
There were still a lot of black kids that liked OF, I would know being one of them and being friends with them in a mostly black area of my city. OF wasn't a white people thing, they just blew up so fast and were so accessible to every group of edgy teenagers in America that it seemed like it was only white people. I'll give you Death Grips, but they're not even rap in the traditional sense and started off with a lot more punk influence than you usually see in hip-hop. And the Golden Age stuff still gets harped on by older black dudes who think that modern rap is just "money, drugs, and bitches" or whatever.
>>
>>62940934
IT'S OVER.
>>
>>62941153
If you use things like this when you watch DEHH, then you're doing it wrong.
>>
He is whiter than Macklemore
>>
What do I do, as a black Bino, OF, and DG fan?
>>
>>62942051
Most rap fans are white like this guy says
>>
>>62941153
>Mykefag
make appeals to the "i only listen to real hip hop like eminem and def jus fuck Lil GAYne" youtube commenter community. Beezy430 is the true patrician of dehh
>>
anyone have a link for this? Cant find on the archive.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.