[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>completely deaf in left ear from birth >will never be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 500x421
>completely deaf in left ear from birth
>will never be able to experience stereo sound, or even understand what it might feel like

Post your music feels here anons
>>
its really not a big deal at all I swear and actually I assume the doppler effect will even mimic it for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 800x522
>>62940058
But I will always feel like I'm missing out! You never see people only walking around with one earphone in, so there must be some benefit to the stereo effect. Reeeeeeee why must I be fucking disabled?

Thank you for your kind words though anon<3
>>
my ears pick up the sound of fans and water annoyingly better than the sound of voices. sucks at work the phone is next to the pan washer
probably from playing drums i spent all of last summer with my ears ringing.
>>
I have tinnitus in my left ear from listening to music with headphones on too loud, it's kind of a pain I guess.

>>62940039
Stereo sound is overrated anyway, mono is the way to go. Except for ASMR. You'll never experience a girl softly whispering into your left ear and teasing you by making kissing from right to left.
>>
>>62940110
Just get an implant.
>>
>>62940162
>Stereo sound is overrated anyway, mono is the way to go.
You cannot be serious, you fucking retard
>Except for ASMR. You'll never experience a girl softly whispering into your left ear and teasing you by making kissing from right to left.
Pathetic.
>>
>live in Netherlands
>only have 1 venue nearby that plays more than jazz cover bands

>>62940162
link please?
>>
>>62940039
you just made listening to music better for me. Thanks!
>>
>>62940637
I only wish you had said you were fully deaf. would have made this song so much better
>>
>>62940162
I legitimately hope you're not serious you goddamn monkey. I'm so triggered right now
>>
File: southpacific_large[1].jpg (259 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
southpacific_large[1].jpg
259 KB, 600x600
>you will never experience the panning in 'round (forget what you feel)

damn
>>
>>62940607
>live in the Netherlands
>live outside Amsterdam
'provinciale' pleb desu senpai
>>
stop trying to be brian
>>
>>62940745
stop trying to be margret
>>
>>62940735
randstadrail more like aangerandstadrail eyoooh
>>
>>62940110
don't forget that a lot of the benefits from two earphones is simply shutting out the rest of the sounds, so you can focus on the one.
>>
>>62940110
Listen to music through speakers with you good ear facing them and in the middle of them. Stereo is overrated to be honest anon, and it's fairly gimmicky a lot of the time "le one guitar in one headphone and le other coming out of the other". You can hear music. Be thankful. Brian Wilson was deaf in one ear too.
>>
>>62940110
Most songs are mastered so shittily that both channels are the exact same, so the benefit of stereo is mostly 2 outputs. There are some songs that make use of it, like sliding an audio effect from one output to the other.
>>
File: cover.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>62940808
'touché' desu senpai
but:
>implying the only good thing in the provence isn't the railway to Amsterdam
>>
>>62940039
https://youtu.be/8ESgWlzQQag
>>
>>62940162
Most people over the age of 21 have tinnitus to some degree. Dont worry about it too much anon.
>>
>>62940607
>link please?
https://youtu.be/gsEgN-dbQjo
and my waifu:
https://youtu.be/ncdvSjVPubE

>>62940684
Serious about what?
>>
>>62940039
It's overrated. The important thing is a good production and good composition. Stereo sound is a very little plus.
>>
>22 years old
>can't hear beyond 16khz due to listening too loud for years
>>
>>62940858
>ASMR
daily reminder of how lonely /mu/tants really are ;_;
>>
enjoy:
https://aarrcc.bandcamp.com/album/hey-you
>>
>>62940905
i just want some affection from a nice grill desu grills are so nice nnnyyyyyuuuuggghfuck
>>
>>62940843
So only Amsterdam is worth visiting?
>>
>>62940941
1. stop s h i l l i n g
2. it's pretty nice but the discog is pretty big. Where to start?

>>62940981
iktf senpai..........
>>
I'm unable to ever really dislike music which means I can't participate in circlejerks.
>>
>>62941000
quads confirm. (not really tho, it's just a Dutch may may)

>>62941004
feels bad man
>>
>>62941002
http://aarrcc.bandcamp.com/album/-

or

http://aarrcc.bandcamp.com/album/benelux

then go front to back or back to front based on which you like more.

also not shill, found through /mu/ around 2011
>>
i wish people didn't pay attention to me when I talk about music because I know what I'm talking about but I talk like a pleb
>>
>>62941004
botdf is the closest i can get to disgust, and it's still not unlistenable. :/
>>
>>62940833
>"le one guitar in one headphone and le other coming out of the other".

wow
>>
>>62941031
thanks, will check out. tfw no free dl for benelux tho.

>also not shill, found through /mu/ around 2011
I'm sorry, I've been fighting 'purple pilgrims' shills for the past week by posting it's_time_to_stop.gif, so I'm a bit noided when it comes to sharing bandcamps
>>
>>62941036
isn't this why RYM is a thing? so we can all navel gaze and flesh out the stupid reasons we like certain noises arranged by certain people so we don't sound fucking dumb when we explain why we listen to ritual ambient to qts?
>>
>>62940587
>>Stereo sound is overrated anyway, mono is the way to go.
>You cannot be serious, you fucking retard
He's actually right. The only reason why mono mixes back in the day sounded like shit is because they had to mix via tape. With digital, everything sounds sharp and clear and you can mix down losslessly.
>>
>>62941046
I can even kinda like them actually. My sister used to be into them so I get some nostalgia out of it, plus the overtly sexual try hard lyrics make me enjoy them as a sort of electropop twist on power metal *shrug emoticon*
>>
>>62941046
im with you. i just can enjoy most music <3
>>
>>62940039
triggering my schadenfreude
>>
not OP, but i'm also half-deaf & i don't think you all understand how strange the whole half-deaf thing is

literally when people talk about being able to tell where a sound is coming from just by hearing it - to me that sounds like a sixth sense! it's like someone saying they can see in infrared or use echolocation - it's a completely alien concept

check your not-deaf privilege faggots
>>
>>62940110
stereo really fucking pisses me off half the fucking time, it can be immensely shoddy and there have been few times that I've genuinely thought it added to the music.
I mainly use two earphones to blot out sound, and also because as I have two functioning ears only using one doesn't compute well with my head.
You aren't missing out much my boy, I'm sure if you look into earphones/headphones you can find ones that are made specifically for one-ear senpai.
>>
>>62940607
I'm based in the Netherlands right now, studying here for a year, it's fucking great.
I went to Deathfest on Friday in Tilburg, went to Infest's secret show in Amsterdam yesterday, and I'm off to Eindhoven today to see Gorilla Biscuits.
Rotterdam also has a fantastic techno scene, and there's a decent scene in Tilburg as well.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.