[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you go to concerts alone? I don't have any friends so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: shai-CXiAwCMUoAEmP_4.jpg (16 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
shai-CXiAwCMUoAEmP_4.jpg
16 KB, 599x337
Do you go to concerts alone?
I don't have any friends so I'm wondering if it would be weird if I start doing it?
I'm not much for standing and jumping around like most, I'd much rather sit and watch the band play. I've only ever been to once concert with my cousin.
>>
yeah if I'm bored enough
>>
>>62938161
can i go with u
>>
i reckon it'd be as good as going to a movie alone. i would do it if i had the courage
>>
I don't go to concerts. Nothing beats the home listening experience
>>
>>62938161
>Do you go to concerts alone?
Yeah, sometimes.
I just find a place to sit and enjoy the music while having a drink or two.
Of course it's better with company but can't always win.
>>
>>62938225
Well except concerts. Those do.
>>
I go to about 30 shows a year, and I see maybe half of them alone. It's fun, and it's better than going with shitty concert-going friends. Have a few drinks, make a friend or two, or don't. No one at a concert is looking around for loners to laugh at, so fuck it.
>>
>>62938161
I've gone to concerts with friends a couple times, going alone is incomparably better. Having people you know around makes it harder to really get into the atmosphere imo. Plenty of people do it, so no one there is going to be judging you or expecting you to socialize if you don't want to.
>>
>Go to band gig by myself
>Girl turns around and says Im throwing off her vibes
>>
>>62938353
Who cares what she thinks?
>>
yeah I've done it before. only time it was ever awkward is when I went to see NMH at the Hollywood Bowl, and I shared a box with a double date. they gave me free booze, though.
>>
only did it once, because you never know when you'll see your favorite rapper again
>>
Saw american football alone last night and seeing AnCo next friday solo as well, OP. nothing wrong with going solo, you get to enjoy the music more and worry less about your friends.If you want to see them, don't worry about finding someone else to go with you and just do it
>>
>>62938393
Rap concerts are the worst. There's always drugs and gangs hanging around.
>>
>>62938365
he does
>>
>>62938434
it did end up being kind of a bad concert (freddie gibbs) but I love listening to an artist and being able to say I saw them live
>>
>>62938342
Went to a show in Santa Ana and met this one dude who flew from Reno, Nv walked from the airport to the fucking venue (3 hour walk he said) and is walked back after the show. He was alone and looked like he was having infinitely more fun then I was. Had 2 friends who went but couldnt pretend to enjoy the show to save their lives.

Gonna do this for a festival in August. Come to Psycho Las Vegas you fags.
>>
>>62938161

I kind of enjoy it. Have a few drinks, watch the show, go home. I always end up making friends there.
>>
File: 1453167193017.jpg (43 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1453167193017.jpg
43 KB, 500x451
>>62938161
most shows I've been to alot of people also came alone, including qt girls so nobody cares if you come alone.
>>
I've never been to a concert with someone else, always by myself. I'm more socially awkward than just about anybody on this planet, so if I can do it, anybody can.
>>
All the time. I just saw American Football alone tonight. And I had a great time.
>>
No one cares if you go alone. I usually go with my brother but if he can't make it then I go alone. Sometimes I meet new people.
>>
I go to jazz concerts alone all the time, but I've become friends with others who come to local gigs regularly so it feels more like going to meet friends I don't see elsewhere
>>
I have never went to a concert with anyone else but myself
>>
how do you even start talking with people at shows
>>
>>62938161
Yes I do.

>would be weird if I start doing it?

Why do you care? No, seriously, why do you genuinely care? You're never going to see those people at that concert ever again. And you're there to hear your favorite artist play, everyone else's opinions really don't matter because they don't affect you in any way.
>>
>>62938161
You don't need a group of friends to do everything. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>62938434
I would like to add underage fuckbois to that list anon.
>>
File: ghj.jpg (76 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
ghj.jpg
76 KB, 620x387
If Shia can do it so can you OP.
>>
>>62938161
your friends would get lost in the crowd anyway, so no it's not weird
>>
>>62939297
>>62938412
it's a shame you guys didn't bump in each other
>>
Don't avoid going to concerts alone, you're going for the music and you'll probably end up either enjoying it in peace, or meeting someone.
I went to a concert alone exactly once and met two cool people. (surprised that I didn't drop my pasta desu)
>>
>>62938161
do it for the music
>>
>>62938161
Do it bro. It's only weird if you make it weird. Being alone, getting to know yourself is absolutely amazing and more people should do it every once in a while.

Plus, since you're alone you feel far more free than when you're with people.
>>
>>62940445
>>
Went all the way to London to see American Football on my own once, just happened to find some left over MDMA the night before so took that hoping to make friends but it wasn't enough to really do anything, so that was lame. Great show though.

Went to see Foxing/Tigers Jaw on my own and stayed sober as I was riding my motorbike home, ex girlfriend and her sister who hated me showed up as well, incredibly drunk. Felt great to know she felt like an idiot in the morning for being annoying as fuck while I was sober, but brought back annoying feels when she made me hold her hand while Foxing played Rory (my name is Rory, so it was always kind of our song).

In short, go to gigs on your own if you have nobody to go with, not worth missing out on them and it's really not that bad unless your ex shows up.
>>
>>62940763
>tfw no ex gf
feels_good_man.jpeg
>>
of course, i do everything alone lol
>>
Sometimes, yeah. I got to hang out with some bandmembers like that though, so all is good.
>>
>>62940292
you don't, that's what clubs are for
>>
File: 1376486490409.png (85 KB, 738x627) Image search: [Google]
1376486490409.png
85 KB, 738x627
This is why you don't go to concerts alone.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.