[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel offended and hurt by this. How could they do this to us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: Painting.jpg (102 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Painting.jpg
102 KB, 900x900
I feel offended and hurt by this. How could they do this to us after Centipede Hz?
>>
an album with better songwritting and production? yeah, i thought they were finished but i guess not
>>
>>62923033
It's not like this is masterpiece. It's clearly better than the piece of shit it was CHz but it isn't very good either.
>>
File: deak=freak.png (2 MB, 5328x724) Image search: [Google]
deak=freak.png
2 MB, 5328x724
>>62922992
just wait until deaks solo album
>>
>>62922992

Give us an 8.5/10 album?
>>
>>62923229
Haha, fuck you.
>>
>>62923157
is a solid 8/10 for me
i was expecting much, much worse, I was completly amazed by tracks like Bagels and On Delay
>>
>>62923257
it seem like some hothead cant into neo anco
i feel sad for you plebfriend
>>
The melodies get stuck in my head during the day and I don't mind at all. It's a fuckin cool album. Form your own opinions.
>>
>>62923033
>better production
The tumultuous overload of vocal effects and swingy-swangy instruments going here there and everywhere could give everyone a headache. This is super far from being a well produced album, not even a well put together album compisitionally
>>
>>62923312
You're in such denial. I'm sad too, but at least I'm in touch with reality.
>>
>>62923157
>not liking CHz or PW
>going as far as to call CHz a """piece of shit"""
it's like you listened to it twice through ipod earbuds
>>
>>62923367
So by "form your own opinions" you mean have the same opinions as you?
>>
>>62923401
this
CHz is best experienced on an open soundstage
>>
>>62923413
no i dont know you. it was just general advice
>>
>>62923452
>believing this
Stop forcing this shit upon us. The consensus was that MPP was better for headphone listening and CHz for speakers or "open-ness" like you would say, but that's not an excuse for the lackluster songwriting on some songs, or the over-produced acidic psych-pop pasages
>>
>>62923283
It was a solid 8/10 for me too. But after hearing it 5 or 6 times more it's a decent 6/10
>>
File: painting with reviews.png (510 KB, 1511x700) Image search: [Google]
painting with reviews.png
510 KB, 1511x700
>>62923257

??? I'm convinced 90 percent of the Painting With hate is because of pic related, when it first leaked there was almost nothing but love for it, and I was in the early threads before it released.
>>
>>62923856
I don't care about reviews, I like to form my own opinion. It's because the more you listen to it the worse it gets, at least for me. I liked it the first few days.
>>
>>62923929

for me the more I listen the better it gets. there are so many amazing moments on it, they just don't stop.
>>
I actually love this album, it's not great but it's good
>>
The people that hate this album are just p4k drones or fantano suckers that stopped listening to it after hearing the review. (Unless you don't like anco) Undoubtedly a solid anco album.
>>
>>62924172
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a solid album for ANCO, but in general yes it has it's great moments that make me come back to it again and again.
>>
>>62924172
Sorry to let you down bro, but this album isn't that good. You can go to bed now
>>
>>62924064
Yea burgalars is one of my least favorite but I still dig pandas backing vocals near the end. Any of the lesser tracks have something special about them.
>>
>>62924225
>sorry but I say it's shit so its clearly not good
I know I'm being a bit subjective to but the whole album sounds well written and produced and all you guys have to say is "muh reverb"
>>
5/10 album. Would've been 6/10 if they removed Golden Gal. That song is probably their new official worst song after the long running Summerime Clothes which was voted worst song by /mu/ ages ago.
>>
BURGLARS SURGULARS SURGULARS
>>
>>62924574

>if they removed Golden Gal. That song is probably their new official worst song

how is it possible to have taste this bad?
>>
>>62924574
>5/10 album. Would've been 6/10 if they removed Golden Gal. That song is probably their new official worst song after the long running Summerime Clothes which was voted worst song by /mu/ ages ago.

worst taste in thread so far
>>
>>62923581
>the lackluster songwriting on some songs, or the over-produced acidic psych-pop pasages
I don't think we are on the same page, I thought we were talking about CHz
>>
>>62924574
Wow, just fucking kill yourself, Golden Gal is the only god tier song on the album.
>>
>>62924574
Found the MRA
>>
>>62924574
it honestly just sounds like you're upset beause they keep changing the taste of coke
>>
>>62924574
Golden Gal is the new Summerime Clothes in the way that you can use that song to spot the fake AnCo fans. But there are other examples like Who Could Win A Rabbit and Today's Supernatural that work that way too. If someone likes these songs, then it just proves they actually don't like AnCo.
>>
>>62923856
There are only three good songs on it, those being Vertical, the Burglars, and On Delay. That's one fourth of the album. I'm really surprised that /mu/ not only ranks it highly but claims that anyone who doesn't like it does so because of other people's opinions. It's the Landing On Water of Animal Collective albums (except I personally like Landing On Water better.)
>>
>>62925051
>I'm really surprised that /mu/ not only ranks it highly but claims that anyone who doesn't like it does so because of other people's opinions

When it comes to this album, /mu/ has become post-hipsters in their behaviour.
>>
>Saw Anco concert yesterdaty
>Only played one MPP song
>No SJ song
>The crowd was a bunch of stupid poser hipsters who just stood there and only got moderately hype for floridada (The last fucking song)and completely ignored RatKing
>Some douchebag manlet with a muscle T shirt on in freezing weather pushes past everyone then accuses me of stepping on his shoe then laughs when I glare at him
Good concert but jesus fuck, Are most indie concerts like this? All the hip hop concerts I've been to have been hype as fuck and left me feeling like death from all the jumping and moshing
Some people were quite nice though, I went alone because I'm a shut in with no friends and it's always appreciated when someone attempts to talk to you.
Anyone else from /mu/ go to the concert yesterday? Is it normal to be do fucking dead?
>>
>>62925051

>There are only three good songs on it

I like every song on it desu, except maybe Lying In The Grass but even that one isn't bad. And I've listened in full like 20 times now. I've literally danced around my house while blaring it, I must have looked like a retard because I can't dance for shit but it was so fun. I would go to a concert if I had the money and/or didn't have crippling social anxiety.

It's undeniably a HUGE step up from Chz. Of course their early albums will always be their best. STGSTV is in my top 5 albums of all time.
>>
>>62925293
>STGSTV is in my top 5 albums of all time.

I don't get this. How can you like this new piece of trash when you clearly have good taste? Except for ODDSAC, everything after Water Curses has been pretty shitty.
>>
>>62925464

Because I'm open-minded and can enjoy more than one type of album?
>>
File: 1304307834778.jpg (49 KB, 331x311) Image search: [Google]
1304307834778.jpg
49 KB, 331x311
>>62925202
>Some douchebag manlet with a muscle T shirt on in freezing weather pushes past everyone then accuses me of stepping on his shoe then laughs when I glare at him
holy fuck lmao

What you should've done:
>Man, sorry bro. How you liking the concert?

What you did:
>Remained silent and forced (what you thought was) a very menacing glare while groaning a low hum of "dominance"
>>
Where at a point in Animal Collective's discography where a 5/10 album would be an improvement for them. Of course they're approaching their forties now so it's probably just going to get worse. Unfortunately, all the good bands I know of are putting out bad albums now. I don't know of any good bands, only bands that used to be good. This is fucking depressing.
>>
>>62922992
do what? make a great album again?
>>
>>62926020
*We're at a point (...)
>>
>>62926049
No.
>>
>>62926078
it's better than mpp and chz at the very least
>>
>>62925904
I'm just awkward,couldn't make words come out it was more of a disgusted glare anyway and he was pushing towards the front and drunk with his gf, I doubt he would have responded and I'm not apologizing for something I did not do and for something that you just have to accept happens during a concert if you're in the pit especially if yoy're pushing past people like a dickhead
>>
>>62926092
I guess you can't tell good pop from bad. It is better than Centipede Hz, but most things are.
>>
>>62926135
cmon m8, many or most of the vocal melodies on pw are their best ever
>>
>>62926192
There isn't one moment on Painting With that's vaguely as exciting as the opening moments on For Reverend Green, when Chores cuts to a demonic sounding voice talking about bigfoot creatures which is then cut off by a blast of crunchy distorted guitars. The entirety of the album doesn't amount to that one moment, and Strawberry Jam doesn't even rank as highly as their earlier work for me.
>>
>>62924970
but those are all great songs dude
Who Could Win a Rabbit is like, top-tier AnCo
Golden Gal is aight I move between liking it and being annoyed by it depending on mood
>>
>>62926322
for you. i wasn't a fan of that transition, the following guitar riff is great though, yeah

memorable moments on pw to me:
>verses of floridada
>chorus and bridge of hocus pocus
>chorus of natural selection
>2nd half of burglars
>the sound effect stuff on recycling

i guess it's an overall smoother sail but i kinda like that it's poppier and dancier than most of what they released, it feels like this and not chz would have been the logical step after mpp
>inb4 no you don't know what good pop is

i would bet there's some more tunes in them if they keep honing in on their new style or expand into another different direction, maybe we'll a mature masterpiece (even if that may end up being panned regardless), pw sort of affirmed me in that
>>
File: WTFAIR.jpg (160 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
WTFAIR.jpg
160 KB, 400x400
>>62924574
>Summertime Clothes
>worst song in their entire discography
>>
>>62926910
>i would bet there's some more tunes in them if they keep honing in on their new style or expand into another different direction
this
every AnCo album has been a thrill to me because they're constantly exploring new territories.
I didn't like CHz at first but then I looked past the memes and realized the group had accomplished something super interesting and catchy.
PW I enjoyed immediately.
hope AnCo keeps the train a chuggin
>>
>Centipede Hz is bad meme
I bet this is coming from the same people that Spirit is le noisy masterpiece :,)
>>
>>62927465
hollinndagain is the noisy masterpiece
spirit had their greatest early songs though
>>
>>62923581
>over-produced acidic psych-pop pasages
>not noise-esque materpieces
what a plen
>>
>>62924574
>That song is probably their new official worst song after the long running Summerime Clothes which was voted worst song by /mu/ ages ago.
further proof PW haters are the biggest plebs on /mu/
literally lmaoing @ u
>>
>>62925816
btfo
>>
>>62926020
>5/10
Painting With is literally the most 8/10 ever
>>
File: 1456121954202.png (94 KB, 267x271) Image search: [Google]
1456121954202.png
94 KB, 267x271
Haha, there are people in this thread who believe that Golden Gal isn't the worst song on Painting With. That's really sad. It's literally the most generic song they've written in ages.

Some GOAT tracks from PW:
>Hocus Pocus
>The Burglars
>On Delay
>Vertical
>Recycling

Also, I think that the album is a 9/10.
>>
>>62927465
but STGSTV is a masterpiece
if you think Hz is anywhere close you are out of your mind
>>
File: 6+325884.jpg (27 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
6+325884.jpg
27 KB, 500x409
>>62929433
the worst song on PW is the one that is just before Golden Gal.
im a really big fan of the song too, idk why people like it so much and i agree that it is one of their most generic ones, still not bad.
>bagels in kiev not best song on the album
see pic
>>
>>62929512
>im a really big fan of the song too
meant im not
>>
This is my favorite Anco release, just nearly nudging out Oddsac
>>
File: 1452996545503.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
1452996545503.gif
2 MB, 200x174
>>62929468
>people actually think that Centipede Hz isn't their best album
>>
>>62923856
the melon is such a pleb
>>
>>62929512
I like Bagels as well. I think that it's a great song. I don't know if it's long enough to be GOAT but it's definitely a jam. Hocus Pocus is my #1 though
>>
every Panda song is a garbage Grim Reaper rehash
>>
>>62929540
HCTI > STGSTV > SJ > Feels > MPP > CS > PW > ST > Danse > hollindagain (all of these above 6/10 ) > Hz
>>
>>62929614
it's pretty embarrassing to make a post this autistic, even on an anonymous board
>>
>>62929667
>it's pretty embarrassing
how? is an anonymous board
>>
test
>>
>>62929737
nice
>>
I hated it, certain moments caused me to cringe and feel an intense annoyance, I could barely even finish half of it, and was vindicated when I went and looked at reviews and saw quips like 'absolute dogshit from start to finish' from professional reviews. However, I listened to it a few more times, then a few times more, and now I can't stop listening to it - I've listened to it every day, sometimes twice or three times, since it was released. I've come to like or outright love every song, my favorites being FloriDada, Vertical, Lying in the Grass, and Golden Gal. The PingPong vocal style threw me off but once I got used to it I really started to enjoy how it varied song to song, and as much as I love AnCo's old releases, I even feel like returning to them will feel devoid now. As for the overwhelming hate the album receives that even I at first felt, I can't help but think that it's rooted in the psychology - the album is really 'sincere' in its open & energetic tone and maybe you could even say 'faggy.' It takes just a quick glance at Fantano (penis-bald head, reddit humor, favorite albums list including half the Death Grips discog) to get a whiff of why he disliked the personality of the sound - not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>62922992
PLEB
>>
>>62925051
>not liking Golden Gal
>>
>>62927226
It's a meme, I keep seeing people say that. These fags think a thread with 30 people voting in it means the entirety of /mu/ decided this.

If you think summertime cloths is their worst song, you obviously have only listened to MP and Centipede Hz
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.