[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
remember when /mu/ exploded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: albumart.png (35 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
albumart.png
35 KB, 440x440
remember when /mu/ exploded
>>
remember when /mu/ was good
>>
remember when /mu/ wasn't infested with hip hop loving niggers
>>
remember when burial was good
>>
>>62913927
No
>>
>>62913927

no
>>
why dont we get hyped for new artists anymore
>>
burial is one of my favorites. one of the very few guys in past few years to have come up with their own sounds, atmospheres and has complexity too
>>
>>62913958

Cause they tend to suck
>>
>>62913958
As you become old you stop caring about anything other than what you fondly remember from the past.
>>
>>62913973

Don't get me wrong Burial is cool. But every since he released "temple sleeper".....
>>
>>62914007
I dont care Rival Dealer is the best release by any artist from the last ten years
>>
>>62914007
oh shit anon i never knew about this song, listening to it now and honestly i gotta say this one sucks
>>
>>62914028

Chill.
>>
>>62914007
Burial is over rated.
Never understood the hype.
I wouldnt even call his shit Grime.
>>
>>62913895

newfag here, what happened?
>>
>>62914055
Dude Burial is god tier, he just takes time to grow on you but shitty plebs like you always demand instant gratification.
>>
>>62914007
i honestly rate rival dealer
>>62914055
thats because its garage you idiot
>>
>>62914055

wouldn't call it grime more like depressing
>>
I must say, it's truly disheartening to see so many who don’t realize how game changing this EP is. Sure the first track, Rival Dealer, starts off like a typical Burial track with ambience and spoken word samples, but then the beats kick in and something revolutionary happens. Honestly, it’s like Burial has created some sort of new genre on this song, like “speed dubstep” or something. On “Hiders”, Burial crafts a sort of futuristic, ambient, uplifting RnB influenced style which already sounds ahead of it’s time. Then, we get to the closing track, “Come Down To Us”, a 13+ progressive musical masterpiece incorporating many atonal and atypical elements from non-Western music. There is also a continued RnB influence on this track. But don’t be deceived, this is a very challenging and experimental piece of music. Songs flow in an out in a medley of emotions and noises. Words cannot describe the magnitude of this track, which, cliché as it sounds, must be heard to be believed. This truly is the sound of the future; Burial isn’t innovating so much as he showing us a glimpse of the already established future of music.

Here's the EP, if you think you're ready for it. Be warned, this next 28 minutes will undoubtedly alter musical history as we know it and may even change the way you perceive music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3Ch53PxBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY0FLh2EIfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bb2JakOmo
>>
>>62914055
i would understand why you would say that. Its just his ability to create very deep emotions. If you are that kind of person, his melodies/atmospheres really hit you hard otherwise its just ok. Listen to Forgive. One of the saddest songs I know.
>>
>>62914073
has a speech from a tranny at the end that made everyone shit themselves
>>
>>62914073

>THIS ALBUM IS THE GOAT
>this is album is pretty bad guys
>>
>>62914076
Woah there. Dont get defensive on me now for having a different opinion.
Wouldnt wanna intrude on your Burial dick riding tou got going on over here.
Go feel totally deep while those spacy sounds fill your eardrum with their mediocre vibes.
>>
Kindred is his best EP
>>
>>62914081
Music to get shit on
>>
>>62914128

Right
>>
>>62914096
You should start a blog and use this as your review. Youre so deep bro. Totally.
>>
>>62914099
I dont listen to music to feel depressed.
Thats what girls do.
>>
>>62914096
anthony is this you
>>
>>62914055
why the fuck would you call it grime, it's future garage
>>
>>62914096

dude the EP wasn't that great holy shit. You're making sound like his name is "Ludwig Van Burial"
>>
>>62914179
You just kicked it into the turbo mode of faggotry
>>
>>62914188
Lol
>>
>>62914210
>"wah wah wah I don't understand uk genres and /mu/ is making fun of me"
>>
>>62914210
>>62914246

Yikes
>>
>>62914176
more like Scaruffi
>>
>GOAT
>>
If Burial was good his name would be Traumprinz.
>>
>>62914495

>maybe Burial is Traumprinz
>>
I won't listen to Burial until he releases something new. I think I am less depressed since I stopped.
>>
>>62914643

I've been away from 4chan for a year now and I've been less depressed
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.