[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the hardest part about being a musician is getting your shit heard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 9
File: .jpg (38 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
38 KB, 385x385
the hardest part about being a musician is getting your shit heard.
>>
File: 1449192221621.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449192221621.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>62912936

Tell ME ABOUT It

Datpiff.com/tape/759661
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 480x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 480x380
How does one overcome this bros
>>
It's because you're unoriginal and bad. Average, or slightly above won't cut it.
>>
How? The hardest part by far is creating something good.
>>
File: terrible.png (262 KB, 641x603) Image search: [Google]
terrible.png
262 KB, 641x603
>>62912936
Literally all of /mu/ just wants to hate and prove their impotent importance and meanwhile do nothing at all. Don't listen to /mu/, /mu/ is always wrong.
>>
>>62912936
this is true, unless you're some rich ADHD retard who talks to strangers
>>
Word - I live in bumfuck south dakota - i gotta save up to drive three hours just to play for twenty minutes at a pub on open mic night. Shit's a struggle. But i do spam my shit on the bandcamp threads - though this board doesn't dig heavier music. And the metalheads don't dig the shit i do either.

No one really digs acoustic guitar with screaming vox over 'em.
>>
>>62913009
this. I just scrapped an entire album because I hated it all.
>>
>>62912936
That the easiest part. You just press play.

The hard part is writing something that people will still want to listen to long after you die. Centuries even. To write something timeless.
>>
>>62913021

Aren't you the guy that got his thread deleted because you were trying to advertise your shitty band?
>>
>>62913136
Kek
>>
>>62913080
I do

Like this guy
https://soundcloud.com/geyserbastion/tents-in-summer
>>
Try spamming blogs and shit
>>
File: frogger.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
frogger.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>I still say it's hard to get heard when the internet is basically everywhere in 2016
>>
>>62913259
exactly, the internet is so full of music that there's almost more supply than demand
even famous people like Death Grips and Kanye West have to constantly resort to marketing tactics to stay relevant
>>
>>62913080
Link?
>>
>>62913259
No one gives a shit unless you hop on a bandwagon or market yourself
>>
>>62913281
If worse comes to worse, your sheer perseverance might be enough to get you famous.

If you play regular shows, release steady material, and aren't absolute shit you'll get something rolling. Hell, even if you are shit people will still come to listen ironically or laugh but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>62913278
Yeah why not - first album's acoustic, second and third have a lot of distortion, the one i'm gonna link has acoustic, screaming, samples and keyboards - and the latest one was collages.

http://lyesofautumn.bandcamp.com/album/opuscule-424

New shit is acoustic with keyboards and samples but i'm still working on recording that fucker.
>>
>>62913274
Wrong, the demand for new and interesting music never ceases.
>>
If you make good music an audience will come. Steve Martin said if you perform in a closet alone eventually someone will hear you and call the cops.
>>
>>62913331
if that's the case, how do you explain the lack of popularity and success for people who create exactly that
>>
>>62913348
I never said this demand comes from the general public, but there are always music lovers looking for a new idea. Even if it's just 100,000 of them. Wanting massive popularity makes you more of an attention whore than artist anyways.
>>
>>62913306
Yeah i hope so but it seems getting someone to take the risk of listening to your work is few and far between. I cant do live shows tho so i guess i have to build up somevsort of internet presence. But when i see some of the artists currently working if not the vast majority of them my faith gets restored. If they can do it so can i, my life has been centered around making music since i was 11
>>
>>62913332
Fucking steve Martin, the dude was p suave
I agree

>>62913316
I'd pay to see you Deloria. But you can't stop putting yourself out there. Also upload that shit to spotify so I can scrobble you. I do everything from my phone.
>>
>>62913332
>eventually someone will hear you and call the cops
K E K
>>
>>62913377
but is the attention of people who won't pay for music really worth anything in the end
>>
>>62913406
Probably going to have to. Need cash first though. And a debit card. And a job. This unemployed artist thing costs too much damn money.
>>
>>62913428
That's quite a logical leap you've made there...
>>
>>62912936
*indie musician

but basically you should be on record label, a well knowing for preference,
just be good as Evian Christ, what is not so hard
>>
>>62913434
Definitely get a crappy part time job. I've found if I'm forced to be out of the house 30 hours or so a week my free time becomes a lot more productive.
>>
>>62913404
The risk is definitely what the term implies but very few good things come by just waiting for a safe chance. I hope you keep pursuing it anon.
>>
>>62913464
Yeah that's hard af where i live. I don't like to say it outright but i live on a goddamn indian reservation. You work at the grocery store, the gas station, or the nursing home. And you only get hired via nepotism/people are really insular with who they let in there social circles.

It's dead end living where i'm from.

We broke af out here.
>>
>>62913491
Thanks. I have no choice.
>>
>>62913459
maybe you should work on your English before posting on 4chan
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 541x140) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9 KB, 541x140
not true man i viralled my shit on here once and now it has 800+ streams and 50+ downloads
>>
>>62913556
How long has ur shit been up?
>>
>>62913556
the jpeg dude did this thing and his music are now on every last.fm thread regular poster
>>
Been considering paying for advertisement on /mu/ for my shitty bandcamp
Do any of actually click that stuff?
>>
>>62913636
i got adblock
>>
>>62913636
>Been considering paying for advertisement on /mu/

What does this mean? Because what I'm imagining is not at all worth paying for...
>>
>>62913636
what
>>
>>62913556
a year and a half, i only viralled it for one day and got 597 streams on bandcamp and over 300 scrobbles. i think the viralling might have made bandcamp signal boost it a bit with algorithms because i was getting listens for several months after when i was doing absolutely no advertising

i searched it in the archives the other day and some guy called it his 2014 aoty lol
>>
>>62913652
I'm assuming a majority does probably

>>62913658
You can pay to have a personalized banner with your product/link at the top of the board for a certain amount of time.
>>
>>62913668
meant for >>62913582
>>
>>62913668
Goddamn - so there is hope.
>>
>>62913673
Definitely not worth it then. I don't have even have adblock and I completely forgot about them.
>>
>>62913636
you can buy some spots on certain sites like Gorillaz vs bear, atrilli.net Corp sites its like 60~100 dollars-post the other option is being friend swith some writer of these sites, they're gonna tweete your music and praise your songs
>>
>>62913708
Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>62913682
You should try sending your stuff to some netlabels or something like that. Some dude made cassettes of an album and its a pretty rad feeling having a pro looking ass physical release plus might gain some fans from association
>>
>>62913556
i wish i had no self-respect so's i could bring myself to do this
>>
>>62913729
just make a side project with a pseudonym and try it
>>
>>62913715
i would but i dont want to sell it or have to sign any contracts, i like to distribute my stuff under creative commons
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0okj66UjDa1
>>
i think marketing your music with very strange pretentious low-quality video music could help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw
>>
>>62913747
I see well im trying to make a living.
>>
>>62913767
this. worked for LUM, Tyler, Death Grips, Bones
>>
>>62913556
wow a whole 50+???????
>>
>>62913796
the + is probably at least 50 more but i dont know because its from sharethreads and from last fm, the only ones i have stats for are my 50 bandcamp downloads
>>
>>62913789
yes, man even if you're +- ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nZfHt5G6UQ
>>
>>62913832
man you're breakin triple digits

you're goin places man!!!!!
>>
>>62913871
these numbers are from literally spending a couple of hours building up two big threads with my album cover in the op, i am sure i could do a lot more if i tried to
>>
>>62913871
Bro - try this music shit - you'll be lucky to get ten downloads a month. It's a fucking snail paced game if you aren't marketing yourself like a mother fucker/have a hot chick as a frontman.
>>
>>62913897
I'm sure too bro. I mean don't actually do it haha but dude brah if you did you would like totally explode
>>
>>62913913
ok man im going to do this, i'll make sure to give you a mention in the pitchfork interview
>>
>>62913928
What type of music do you make? What are your influences?
>>
>>62913928
that's the spirit Anon. glad I could put some fire in your belly :)
>>
The hardest part is coming up with a full song, honestly. I've only been writing for a couple of months, so I shouldn't complain.
>>
>>62913980
It doesn't get any easier lol. I have I think around 30-50 completed tracks over the last 2 years with well over 150 things in the 1-2 minute range that never will be finished.
>>
>>62913945
i havent made music in a while but the thing i viralled was basically an eclectic collection of semi-ambient tracks. here is the one i like the most http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ohIsq2CJzb
>>
>>62913080
You should seriously consider moving.
>>
>>62914024
see this comment

>>62913506
>>
>>62914008
>semi-ambient

Get in line behind the entire Soundcloud thread
>>
>>62914072
i never claimed it was good, i think the last track is fucking terrible
>>
tfw want to play lives but got an anxiety disorder
>>
>>62914001
I don't care about lyrics either and I'm not sure if it's easier to come up with a song that way. I'm having fun though so I don't really care.
>>
>>62913348
Well you cant expect to be successful if you dont stick to the trip-hop formula...
>>
>>62914054
Yeah, thats all the more reason to get the fuck outta south dakota. Move to a more populated state, is what I meant
>>
offtopic a bit.... but it really makes me cringe when people refer to their work as "shit", "my shit" etc
>>
>>62914567
no one says this in person only online.
>>
>>62914575
That's not true
>>
>>62914567
its hip hop lingo dude
>>
>>62914575
nah. I hear it in the real world often.
"you don't respect my shit!!..... its not just a hobby, you whore" etc
>>
>>62914528
I don't think you understand how dead end towns operate. There's no way to leave. I mean you could be a drifter. But there's no way to get cash to get out to begin with. No connections to the outside world, no job skills, no education, etc... It really is a dead end life bro-ha.
>>
>>62914708
Oh woe is you. I'm out of fucking patience now. You proved 1 thing by posting here: You have enough money to get water to drink, enough money to get food to eat, enough money for housing, enough money for an internet service and in fact, you have no job so whoever IS paying for you must have enough excess that you can be screwing off in a 4chan thread right now. I'm so so so fucking sick of little defeatists "oh I would be so great if it wasn't for-"STFU. There are musicians from the era of SLAVERY whos music still got out and is remember TO THIS DAY. If someone with NO FUCKING RIGHTS can do that, a modern american with internet access can. Jesus. Christ.
>>
>>62914708
>save up 2k
>leave
wow
>>
>>62914770
I tried the city before bro-ha. They don't hire. Spent the last of my dishwashing cash and took a gig making three hundo every two weeks waiting for a new gig. That shit never came.

Applied everywhere and ran out of cash before i could stand on my own.
>>
>>62913021
>/mu/ is always wrong
You are part of /mu/, you are wrong
>>
>>62914770
calm down bitch
>>
To those in here having difficulty, don't worry. Just keep trying. Music involves a lot of grinding. I spent about 6 years making the rounds in my city (not a very large city, either) before finally starting to get recognition. Now I have a show booked a week and am preparing to go on a small US tour in the summer. You'll make it, just keep doing what you do and, most importantly, NEVER indulge anything but your own artistic whim. The moment you start trying to cater to others is the moment that you are forgotten.
>>
>>62913099
fuck that. just have a good tim. enjoy the process of writing and playing and collaborating. take pleasure in living life. eternity is overrated.
>>
>>62914100
same here and i really dont know what to do.i really want to make music but im afraid of ending like complete retard on live shows
>>
>>62914989
play for your friends and people you trust. play with people in low stakes settings. join a church band.
>>
>>62914841
Don't talk to me man. Your mentality is toxic, pathetic and annoying. Nobody is going to spoon feed you a career in music, might as well just get the fuck over that right now.
>>
>>62914989
Start out small, just play for 1 or 2 people you're close with, or people who's opinions of your music won't bother you (they'll actually likely be supportive so don't worry about being made fun of). Once you get comfortable with that, just work your way up. It also helps to learn an instrument very well, even without playing in front of an audience you begin to reach a point where you have natural confidence in your work (this is all assuming you haven't done this already of course)
>>
>>62914989
you will get used to it the more you play, just start doing it
>>
>>62915052
yeah but you're being toxic too, buddy. who would want to jam with a irritable person like you?
>>
The problem really is the entitled and lazy Millennial mindset that you 1) deserve to be heard when 2) you are not really working for it.

There are now hundreds of thousands of other musicians trying to be heard, why are you important? Because you are too lazy/scared/inexperienced to go out and perform live? That you think your "art" is justified by slowing down a Supremes song 10x and posting your soundcloud on 4chan rather than making anything user-active, without making it an experience?

The era of the internet discovering and breaking artists is over. You need to get over it and grow some balls. As we all become more dependent on the internet, we will want an IRL outlet-- and that will be live music. To set yourself above the rest of the idiot Fruity Loops Bedroom NEET Soundclouders you need to be performing live.
>>
>>62915153
I was actually being very constructive and polite to you, you liar. After you have literally rejected every bit of advice not only I, but every single other poster offered you, it got really fucking annoying and I lost my temper. And guess what, that's how most people react to self-pitying trite like what you're saying.
>>
>>62915342
How am i supposed to play live shows when i only use my computer keyboard to make music(absolutely serious question)?
>>
>>62915342
im glad to know there are at least some other people out there who think exactly like me. keep moving forward anon, godspeed
>>
>>62915398
invite instrumentalists/musicians to play for you, or contract them, make some friend join your brand, as your band or simply
plug your notebook to the fucking sound box/controller and play your sound
>>
>>62915342
How is playing live anything but a caked up kareoke session infront of a group of people usually only in it for a social gathering. Unless you are a jazz band or offer some improvisation playing live musicaly and artisticaly void. Its kinda like when an auther gives live readings off his novel. Since the invention of recording and multi tracking playing live is merely avway to pay the bills. To set yourself above the rest you have to be the best
>>
>>62915398
Pick up a real instrument.

Not trying to perpetuate rockism, but if millions of other people are selling apples at a market, why would you do the same?
>>62915429
Just jammed with a "computer musician". They didn't know what the fuck they were doing. It was sad.
>>62915440
>if I justify laziness, I will feel better
You won't
>>
>>62915459
should atleast know how to play an acoustic guitar
>>
>>62915440
>only in it for a social gathering
Implying this is a bad thing.

Where I live live shows are a big deal. Yes, people use your band's event as a social gathering, but a lot of other musicians use it as an opportunity to network. I've met so many other musicians through playing out that I wouldn't have just sitting on my computer at home.
>>
>>62915342
>To set yourself above the rest of the idiot Fruity Loops Bedroom NEET Soundclouders you need to be performing live.

Well that hit close :(
>>
>>62915440
>How is playing live anything but a caked up kareoke session
I don't think you know how to play an instrument nor have played with other people
>>
>>62915459
Im not lazy if anything im scared because reasons. Ive played live before along with mandatory school things, i hate it. I think of it like i could make an album with as much time and effort i would put into rehearsal and all that.
>>
>>62915393
Bro - that dude you just replied to is not me - the guy you were talking to. I'll stand behind my self pitying though - people are racist af to natives. We aren't first in line to be employed, even on the reservation. Pine Ridge just had a big ol scandal because the tribe was turning away all indian applicants. Growing up on a reservation fucks with your head - a lot. Hence the music making.
>>
>>62915517
>because reasons
Like what?
>I think of it like i could make an album with as much time and effort i would put into rehearsal and all that.
Would the album be any good without rehearsing or perfecting the material live?
>>
Being heard isn't a prerequisite to being a musician though so how can it be the hardest part?
>>
>>62915440
>How is playing live anything but a caked up kareoke session

this is must be the reason so many people pay good money to see their favorite bands play huh?

Even than, it's not unfeasible you couldn't still make it without playing live, but you certainly won't make it without working hard to break new ground in some other way, which the mentality of "but why should I work hard when people should like me as I am now" isn't going allow.
>>
>>62915510
I know how to play several and have been in bands before. Tell me how playing a song verbatem isnt the same thing as hitting the assigned notes and words on a screen? Its all pathetically easy
>>
>>62915565
>I know how to play several and have been in bands before
Musty have been shitty if you think it was a karaoke act
>playing a song verbatem
lol there's your problem
>>
>>62915429
>invite instrumentalists/musicians to play for you, or contract them, make some friend join your brand, as your band or simply
This would be hardly doable
>controller
i dont even have a laptop but i will probably use some kind of controller to do improvisations
>>62915459
>Pick up a real instrument.
If by real instrument you mean synth i might do it(i do electronic music after all) but for now i cant because im poor as fuck.
>Not trying to perpetuate rockism, but if millions of other people are selling apples at a market, why would you do the same?
I know and am trying to make something different but im really restricted with no money
>>
>>62915546
Would be easy because i play all the intruments

>>62915549
Im working hard at albums im trying to make the best album as much as a pipe dream that is
>>
>>62915614
>If by real instrument you mean synth
Sure. I am not starting a electronic vs rock argument, but more a live vs bedroom approach. Many live bands use electronics.
>I know and am trying to make something different but im really restricted with no money
Do you have a job?
>>62915616
>Would be easy because i play all the intruments
Find other musicians. You don't really grow as a musician yourself until you play with others.
>>
>>62915614
>>62915614

>i dont even have a laptop but i will probably use some kind of controller to do improvisations

get an acoustic guitar, record you singing covers
post on your youtube channel
play live like a serenade
>>
i'm sure mr bungle know that feel
>>
>>62915398

Get good with Max/MSP 2bh
>>
I'm taking, your deaf. Please, there's limits to pity here, my sweet dovelinne. <slices neck> thank uu, verrr gootttt
>>
>>62915708
i meant electronic music improvisations
>>
>>62912936
It really is if you don't have any marketing skills or venues to play in.
>>
What's the most any of you guys have brought in on a single gig? Or what's the average pay? I know this varies a lot. I'm trying to get an idea.
>>
>>62913434
>>62913464
>>62913506
Weekends mean nothing when you're unemployed.
>>
>Playing music for anything other than personal enjoyment

Me and my buddies still do freak folk music even though it died out before 2010.
>>
>>62915920
$100. Honestly, if you're going into this thinking you're going to be pulling in money at the start then you should probably find something else to do.
>>
>>62913556
If you post in Bandcamp threads no one will listen to anything, because they are containment threads and everyone there is begging just as hard as you are.

If you viral on /mu/ with subtlety you will get far more people to listen to your music, this is what I've found from posting my stuff here.
>>
>>62912936
One of my favorite stories about a group getting discovered is Boyz II Men.

You can't do the shit they did nowadays, you'd get the shit kicked out of you or get shot.
>>
Post SoundCloud, get heard by other struggling artists!
https://soundcloud.com/t-h-e-948486802/beautiful-wings
>>
>>62916009
>One of my favorite stories about a group getting discovered is Boyz II Men.
You mean a created boy band?
>>
>>62914100
>>62914989
It's not as bad as you think it is.

I've fucked up songs but it's so much of a rush that I want to do it again, just need a much darker stage.
>>
>>62916025
>22days ago
>5 plays
J U S T
>>
>shilling your stuff online
>shilling on 4chan
>purposely making yourself a meme artist

>"so anon, with your recent popularity do you miss those days of shipposting on 4chan?"
>>
>>62916053
They actually weren't created. They forced their way backstage and sang for Michael Bivins.
>>
>>62916070

It worked out just fine for Death Grips and Have a Nice Life, though. They're huge on reddit and P4K now.

Who cares if you're a meme on an imageboard where nobody buys anything?
>>
>>62916096
So you mean a one-in-a-million chance?
>>
>>62915533
Don't let that dicky bring you down brother. Keep making your music and try to move if ya can. South Dakota felt like a very unstimulating place.
>>
>>62916124
>It worked out just fine for Death Grips and Have a Nice Life, though. They're huge on reddit and P4K now.
They were arguably already established musicians with a following and live presence.
>>
buy an used yamaha keyboard and a used microphone, success guaranteed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHs0lFpoPy0

small clubs, motels, birthday parties,
friends, bihs, a lot of fame
>>
>>62915342
>To set yourself above the rest of the idiot Fruity Loops Bedroom NEET Soundclouders you need to be performing live.

There aren't any places that allow new musicians to play where I live. So I'm taking to busking soon.
>>
>>62916070
I will never stop shitposting on 4chan nor will i do interviews
>>
>>62915459
If you're going to be a musician, you should know how to play more than one instrument and should know how to play live on your own.
>>
>>62916307
>My audience is over there
>gee I think I'll stay right here
Sounds logic
>>
>>62916360
>>62915650
>>
>>62916387
Yeah, I read that and agree with it.
>>
Honestly, if you're a good shitposter, you can probably make yourself a somewhat relevant indie artist using this board to viral.

>Make a Bandcamp for your albums
>Hire a graphic designer to make a cool looking cover for your album, as /mu/ cares more for covers than actual music
>Subtly drop an album cover with some generic text like "I really liked this" in a couple threads. Don't post a link or anything; that'll make people realize you are viraling.
>Slowly progress to including yourself in the "Other favorites" section of Chart threads
>After a few months, post a thread a week that is just the album cover and some quotable lyrics; people will check it out to be in on the memes

After this, you will either become an ironic shitposting meme on /mu/ because you are bad, or you will get a few fans that will make real threads about you if you are good.
>>
>>62914770
Preach
>>
>>62916504
Anyone want to shitpost for my project? I'll love you long time.
>>
File: imprintsofshatteredarms.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
imprintsofshatteredarms.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>62916504
I really liked this

https://squarebreathing.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
>>62916504
As if, i only shitpost with integrity and honor.
>>
>>62916504

>>Hire a graphic designer to make a cool looking cover for your album, as /mu/ cares more for covers than actual music
i think that is one of the most important ad decisive elements to an album being relevant
>>
>>62916504
This is how you do it.

You have to shill with some level of modesty.
>>
>>62916504
Why can't you just say 'Listen to my shit pls [link]' and repost that a lot
>>
>>62917285
I personally won't listen to that. That's pathetic
>>
>>62917285
because it'd mean we're going on your word - the creator. Not the approval of an audience that actually digs it.

So you gotta shitpost properly so it looks like someone actually digs it instead of you being a major narcissist.
>>
People listen to my music all the time, only problem is they don't listen to it twice!!
>>
>>62917193
How you can get people's attention other way than by a good album art? All you see is some art and links. Album art is pretty important thing.

>>62917680
This
>>
>>62916583
>don't post a link
You've already failed
>>
>>62917337
But you wouldn't be willing to give my music a try just on my word? Why not?

>>62917316
I say 'pls' instead of 'please' in order to make it less pathetic. Not sure what else I can do, it doesn't really sound beggy to me.
>>
>>62918696
>I say 'pls' instead of 'please' in order to make it less pathetic
That's more pathetic. If you believe in your art, you should make no apologies and stand behind it 100%
>Not sure what else I can do
How many gigs have you played?
>>
Just be a dick, write people through facebook messages about your music, tell them to download it, and when they show you your music, you don't even give it a try.
>>
>>62918781
you misunderstooded my posts, i don't make music. just hypotecizing
>>
>>62918783
*show you their music
>>
basically study Sex Pistols aesthetic and build a frontman persona very attractive
>>
>>62918805
Then why are you posting on a music board?
>>62918783
I ignore these types of people
>>
>>62918874
because i listen to music lmao just kek me up senpai can't kek up
>>
>>62918916
I'm not him but you pretty much make me to avoid anything related to you. I'm not surprised nobody cares about your music.
>>
>>62918916
You sound like you add a great deal of quality discussion to the board
>>
>>62918967
i do
>>62918947
die faggot lmaoing at your life l2r (lear to read) desu ( to be honest ) (die emasculine scum urine) i am surprised our mom doens't care abou t you xD lol
>>
i'm a rapper performing at SXSW this year

ask me anything
>>
Are there any other bands outside of The Gerogerigegege that have had their shit heard?
>>
>>62919044
>i do
See
>>62919044
>die faggot lmaoing at your life l2r (lear to read) desu ( to be honest ) (die emasculine scum urine) i am surprised our mom doens't care abou t you xD lol
>>
>>62919115
lol i wrote that retaerd
>>
>>62919091
Do you make living only with music, do you make your own beats,etc tell us about yourself
>>
>>62912936
you could try and use it in professional youtube videos, or machinimas to be more precice to underline an emotion you want to generate for the viewer, so they watch a machinima, listen to your music at a specific scene and if it fits perfectly people might google you.
>>
>>62919154
Yep, it shows you don't offer anything on this board
>>
>>62919203

I don't make a living off of music yet actually, I only started getting local hype late last year after hooking up with a producer with some connects. I'm a student atm but this seems to possibly be the year it all takes off.

I produce but I haven't rapped over my own beats in a long time.
>>
>>62919091
Is it true that anyone can play SXSW? You just simply book a show around that area around that same time frame and claiming "I'm playing at SXSW! AMA!!"?
>>
>>62919274
neither do u LOL xD
>>
>>62919402

I don't book my own shows so I guess but I'm getting the chance to perform with some moderately hyped internet rappers, one of who sold out a big venue in Austin last month so this is a pretty big opportunity for me.
>>
>>62919476
Except I've offered specific advice for OP and others who responded to me.
>>62919494
Wrong, it's a trick question, I alreday know literally anyone can play SXSW.

Nice try, you are not impressive
>>
>>62912936
I kno rite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUUjR3yJ9uQ&feature=youtu.be

>Soul
>R&B
>James Brown
>>
>>62919451
I bet he is that one selling album for 1000 bucks
>>
>>62919605
>>62919538
>>
>>62919538
I was in the studio with 808 Mafia last month. Can you "literally" do that? :^)
>>
>>62919792
Idk who that even is. What do I care?
>Can you "literally" do that? :^)
If I had some crack, probably.
>>
>>62919836

I don't do crack but I snort alot of coke, pop pills and drop acid alot idk what you're talking about
>>
>>62919913
I'm sure you are focused enough to have a great career in music
>>
>>62919973
Thanks, what's your name so when I blow up and come back for my next /mu/ AMA I can shout you out for being one of the only ones to believe in me
>>
>>62920016
>so when I blow up
Sure because every half assed rapper who played SXSW blew up
>>
>>62920080

None of them remotely even came close to snorting as much coke as me. But that's not important, what's your name?
>>
>>62920168
>what's your name?
Why do you ask?
>>
>>62920214

I'm going to shout you out in the booklet of my album. Doesn't even have to be your real name, maybe a pseudonym or something.
>>
>>62920274
>I'm going to shout you out in the booklet of my album
Oh will it be just listed in the track description on your soundcloud?
>>
>>62920325
That's a weird question but if you want me to do that instead of putting it in the booklet sure, so what is it?
>>
>>62920357
But I'll never see it if I don't know who you are?
>>
>>62920387
Okay well then on 3 we both post our names and music pages
>>
>>62920421
My name is Anonymous.

Yours?
>>
>wanting to be a le ceLEbrity
>not just making music for yourself

>inb5 music is literally your only interest left
iktf and it suggs
>>
>>62920445
Jonathan Mathis
>>
File: Beautiful-girls-laughing.jpg (59 KB, 550x340) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful-girls-laughing.jpg
59 KB, 550x340
>>62920485
OK so should I look to CDBaby to get a hold of your new album when it drops, senpai?
>>
>>62920558
no download it here

https://illicittripp.bandcamp.com/releases

physical copies coming soon
>>
>>62920578
>bandcamp
I thought you were a legitimate artist?
>>
>>62920638

no see i was lying about everything i said before but download my album ok
>>
>>62920662
>>62917316
>>
>>62920768
jokes on you faggot i already have hundreds of last.fm, soundcloud and youtube listeners and have basically become a /mu/ meme at this point and still am gaining traction, all while only being 18. link your music if you're so "above" me (inb4 gay acoustic indieshit/vaporwave/shit tier ambient)
>>
>>62920885
>and have basically become a /mu/ meme
No thanks.
>link your music if you're so "above" me
Post your last.fm and I'll tell you if you've heard me.
>>
>>62920994
>Post your last.fm and I'll tell you if you've heard me

lmao shook af

you are the type of faggot i would literally beat the shit out of and spit on if i saw you irl
>>
>>62921070
Goodbye anon
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.