[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Nas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1456542660200.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456542660200.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
What does /mu/ think of Nas?
>>
WE
>>
AM
>>
KAAANGZ
>>
YAKUB
>>
AYO HOL UP
>>
He was the king of rap.
>>
nobility heritage
>>
>>62906476
Isn't that what that Long Island black muslim cult believes?
>>
One of the worst album covers of all time
>>
So grossly overrated. Ive tried so hard and there just isnt even much to dig into his lyrics are at face value i need some deeper more abstract stuff, like maybe some trip-hop or something. Nas just doesnt cut it for me.
>>
in terms of flow and rhyme and all that good stuff he's a serious contender the most technically talented MC of all time
but he's got pretty bad taste in production and he can get a bit preachy sometimes
still one of the greatest

>>62906558
what's the deal with this trip-hop meme
did i miss something or did you just randomly decide on a whim that trip-hop would be a fun meme to force
>>
He made one amazing album when he was broke and hungry, but as soon as he got money and started fucking light-skinned bitches he fell off.
>>
>>62906535

raysiss ass cracka muffukas in greece stole our kawlege an shit nigga. dey came up and stole our knawlege like a nigga steal a bike bitch. fukin samurai were black too samurai derives for the ancient lost scroll of black hebrew israelite for melanin nigga. now go eat some mayonnaise and shieet.
>>
>>62906400
he made a good album and then the world caught up
>>
>>62906521
NOI
>>
>>62906602
>implying someone would have to be "forced" to love trip hop
not even him but are you daft? trip hop is the pinnacle of modern youth culture and not only that but its scientifically been proven using frequencies analyzers and various other sound wave-measuring tools that trip hop is one of the most if not THE most aesthetically and aurally pleasing genre in existence. with so many great trip hop projects being dropped recently, i think its safe to say that trip hop is the "next big thing"
>>
>>62907205
trip-hop died about a decade ago you dunce
>>
I
>>
>>62907246
just to name a few recent classics, and ill try to keep it to just the mainstream or more well known ones so the list doesnt go on too long
>faces
>acid rap
>old boots new dirt
>angry kid
>speedin' bullet 2 heaven
>oblivion access
i could go on but i dont want to overwhelm you
>>
I like how trip-hop apparently originated in the UK, but it was being made by Americans artists years before it become a thing 4 the limeys.
>>
>>62906400
it was written was good but not as good as illmatic, everything after is bleh
>>
worst album covers of all time
>>
His only real flaws are shit taste in production (for the most part), and inability to write effective hooks. Other than that, he's easily one of the best rappers of all time, solely based on his flow and lyrical ability.
>>
Exactly how many times did he try to recreate that album cover?
>>
>>62908620
No that would be Eminem
>>
>>62908783
I'd put both of them in that category. Except, Nas still has the ability to release good music nowadays. I really enjoyed Life is Good except for a couple tracks, and Nas' features since then have been amazing.

Em on the other hand, is completely washed up. I doubt he can ever make a relevant comeback. Dude can't write a song to save his life.
>>
File: 1449955985694.jpg (36 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
1449955985694.jpg
36 KB, 447x447
>>62906424
>>62906445
>>62906466
>>
so you be saying that was the album you chose to represent his entire career?
>>
Very overrated.
>>
>>62906424
>>62906445
>>62906466
>>62908999

My sentiments exactly.

Triplicate numerals substantiate what is indicated.
>>
>>62908620
>shit taste in production

>nas is like

aight
>>
>>62909644
I literally said :"shit taste in production (for the most part)." Nas is Like is an example of a great song of his with immaculate production. I wish most of I Am was as good as that song.
>>
>>62910464
>great song of his with immaculate production

That's basically anything PREEMO touches. He's the undisputed greatest producer to ever spin a vinyl.
>>
File: NasIllmatic.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NasIllmatic.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>four albums in a row with the same fucking background
are you fucking serious.
>>
>>62906400
Good first two albums.
>>
SO U BE SAYAN
>>
At his best there is no rapper better than Nas. I Gave You Power is a masterpiece.
>>
>>62906625
this
>>
>>62908783
Chill, white boy
>>
>>62908783
Em went to irredimable shit and its not even funny, Nas just has a garbage taste in production but i like god son.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.