[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strong 5 to Light 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6
File: a_strong_btfu.jpg (1 MB, 1921x1083) Image search: [Google]
a_strong_btfu.jpg
1 MB, 1921x1083
Where were you when you realized that Anthony is actually a more reasoned, objective reviewer than p4k?
>>
>>62610782
How could I remember?
It was a couple of years ago
>>
>>62610782
Man fuck this snide cunt

>kanye stans are gonna say

just because someone disagrees doesn't make them a stan
>>
>>62610782
He seems some what less biased, sure, but he's got his weaknesses. Tpab was no 10 desu.

Glad kanye spit in p4k's face though. That website sycophantic cock sucking of him is pathetic, you can imagine kanye himself rolling his eyes at nearly every line of their review.
>>
except he's not. he's just a salty whitey
>>
i think he sorta overrated it also, to soften the blow
>>
>>62610782
he did that just piss off the Kanyefags on /mu/
>>
>TPAB
>a 10

yeah, nah
>>
>>62611036
Salty about what?
>>
>>62610782
yeah he has pretty good taste

>>62610945
logic 101
>>
>>62611026
What did Kanye do to spit in their face? I don't follow either of them closely
>>
>>62610782
>his tastes align with my own so he's more reasonable and objective

based idiot
>>
File: 1433251262319.jpg (95 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1433251262319.jpg
95 KB, 600x615
>>62610782
>2016
>Still caring about music reviews

First of all, giving a score to art is absolutely retarded. Second, if you need to be spoonfed on this kind of stuff you're either extremely insecure or just quite dumb. Third, this man had 2 choices: giving this album a decent score (strong 6 to light 7) admitting his previous score on fantasy was dogshit or just give it a 5 to lure in views and confirming his whole rating system is dogshit (x is better than y etc..).

Btw if anybody thinks he's a less biased reviewer, please go check his review on TPAB or any Death Grips review (the fact he cornered himself giving their worst release a 10/10 is quite hilarious as well).
>>
>>62611193
He told them not to comment or write about black music anymore.
>>
>>62611261
>I can like bad music that's just as legitimate
lmao
>>
>>62611261
His explanations for why he feels a certain way about an album are usually a lot more thought out and make more sense than what p4k says in their reviews.

But then again that's not a very high bar to get over.
>>
>watchig reviews from an MRA activist

it's 2016 guys.
>>
>>62611311
>His explanations for why he feels a certain way about an album are usually a lot more thought out and make more sense than what p4k says in their reviews.

Literally just random "big" words and misused terms lmao. Scaruffi is for Faux-intelllectuals, Fantano is for straight up delusional idiots. No wonder his youtube/facebook/instagram comment section is filled with anime faggots and death grips memes.

>>62611295

Impressive argument my dude, too bad >>62611261 has still got a point
>>
>>62611314
>MRA

This guy used to be a massive sjw vegan pussy (he never and still doesn't want to say the word "nigga" in NotM), he got called out, now, after a quick browse of /pol/ and the latest south park season + sam hyde humor, he managed to go full pseudo-red pill. This guy is just a joke.
>>
>>62610782
is this the same reasoned, objective reviewer that gave blackstar a fucking 9?
>>
>>62611378
>random "big" words
Have you ever red a book? I can't thing of a single time Fantano has used any vocabulary that required a dictionary.

>misused terms
You mean he said something you didn't agree with? Can you give some actual examples or real reasons as to why you dislike Fantano?

>inb4 ur just Fantano drone and agree with him!
>>
>>62611442
>You mean he said something you didn't agree with?

le influenced trap drums face
>>
>>62611314
Lel, no. He's a brogressive cuck like Redditors are. Rant on about SJWs while agreeing with everything they say.
>>
>>62611491
>he uses certain phrases too often so he's bad!
Alright so point out an example of him saying that when it wasn't actually relevant.
>>
>>62611442
>Have you ever red a book?

Nice ad hominem my lad, the burden of proof is on you.

>You mean he said something you didn't agree with? Can you give some actual examples or real reasons as to why you dislike Fantano?
>ur just Fantano drone and agree with him!

Well you're indeed a fantano drone, wouldn't be surprised if this was the man himself trying to dmg control his ass. Anyway as I already told you the burden of proof is on you since every single post 2013 video aka after he started ego tripping is filled with misused terms and retarded out of context words. I bet he sounds fine to your millenial ADHD ridden ass
>>
Reminder that Rodeo by Travis Scott got an 8 from him.
>>
>>62611442
Not him but I remember in his review of Blurryface he mentions there are polyrythmic synths in Lane Boy when the synth were literally just Sixteeneeths.
>>
>>62611530

Not that guy.he used trap influenced x several time and most of the times were out of context.from what I recall he even used trap influenced lyrics or something like that in the last beyonce album review.
>>
>>62611563
>Days before got a lower score
>Latest Drake garbage "mixtape" got an 8
>TMS got a 10
>GP got a 6

He's literally just b8ing for views with contrarian and le edgelord opinions.
>>
>>62610782
>reads wikipedia description of band
>describes a few songs
>says if he likes them or not
>assigns arbitrary numbers
>overuses the term "art pop"
>sings

At least Tumblrfork reviews are sometimes semi-ironically kekworthy
>>
>>62611563
>>62611607
>Traplord got a 7
>>
>>62611070
You're delusional.
>>62610825
/thread
>>
>>62611516
SJW is a type of rhetoric, not an ideology.
>>
File: 1455423084636.png (763 KB, 607x579) Image search: [Google]
1455423084636.png
763 KB, 607x579
>mfw people have already forgot the day this retard illegaly downloaded the wrong Blur "leak" and actually reviewed just gorillaz demos + blur b sides

God tier day, I wish somebody saved the video before he deleted it
>>
>>62611544
>i don't have to provide examples because i decided that le burden of proof is on you!!
you're literally proving fantano is doing something right if a fucking retard such as yourself doesn't like his videos
>>
>>62611544
>he thinks millenial means born in 2000
lol your underage is showing there friend and also thanks for all of the actual examples to back up what you're claiming.

Also
>thinking faux is a proper noun
lmao back to school my child
>>
>>62610782
>random jackson pollock diss

stopped watching

can't be fucked with listening to actual regressive plebs
>>
>>62611269
>TMS
>worst

plen
>>
>>62611687
I liked the part where that totally happened in reality.
>>
>>62611715
It did actually happen, your new is showing
>>
>>62611721
Can confirm
>>
>it's a fantano thread
Saged.
>>
>>62611700
>faux is not a proper noun

lmao what? and pretty much everybody on this bord/fagtano demographic are/is a millenial, dunno what the fuck you're talking about with the muh born in the 2000s meme lmao.
>>
>>62611715
it did though.
>>
>>62611697
>le fantano drone mental gymnastics

classic
>>
>>62611714

What's their worst in your opinion my lad

>inb4 GP or EXM or NLDW

I'll fucking send you to the shadow realm
>>
>>62611715
>fantano drone

Very nice
>>
>>62611782
TMS = NoTM > NLDW > GP > JD > ExM
>>
>>62611740
>>62611378
>Faux-intellectuals

I'm implying that you're just throwing the term millenial around without knowing what it actually means. You're also using it as if it actually means something, which it really doesn't, you're just resorting to your typical 4chan memes to try and explain why you hate something. Like all the other posters on this website you just post an an angry and slightly contrarian opinion and then back it up with memes knowing that all the other underagers are gonna freak out at the mention of certain memes and immediately jump to your cause.

TL;DR you're dumb as hell
>>
>>62611782
fashion week
>>
File: greetings funny junk.jpg (220 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
greetings funny junk.jpg
220 KB, 600x324
>>62611813
>TMS as the top
>Rating TPTB as 2 different albums
>>
>>62611814
>Tl;dr
>Two lines of space
>Trying to be smart
You're on 4chan, not reddit. You silly anon :^)
>>
>>62611814
>As if millenial means anything

You CAN NOT be serious right now. Put a trip on so I can fucking filter your shit already, anthony.
>>
Pantano is a better reviwer than p4k, yea, but that sill don't make him a good reviwer. Scaruffi is the best critic of all time.
>>
>>62611883

You had me until the Scaruffi shilling, senpai
>>
>>62610782
He always gives Kanye low scores. This is nothing new.

He doesn't like Kanye. There's nothing objective about that. It just so happens his views aligned with yours this time.

I think this is the highest score he's given to a Kanye record, so he's saying it's better than MBDTF and Yeezus.
>>
>>62610782
>Where were you when you realized that the melon is better than p4k
In my dorm sophomore year when I was addicted to adderall 4 years ago

but for reals, here's hoping he gives painting with the respect it deserves
>>
>>62611869
I was trying to be courteous for the other anon, I figured he didn't have the attention span to read more than a line or two.
>reddit meme
you're the cancer killing this place, back to /tv/

>>62611874
ok so what does millenial mean in this context? are you implying that it is not stupid to dismiss someones opinion due to the generation they were born in?
>>
>>62611915
Thats objectively true m80
>>
>>62611412
You don't have to be an sjw to feel discomfort at saying nigger in public. It's called social etiquette you edgy retard.
>>
>>62611412
>all these memes and buzzwords
holy shit dude get off of 4chan it isn't healthy for idiots like you
>>
>>62610782
but fantano is literally just contrarian p4k

his reviews are just as swayed by hype and irrelevant bullshit
>>
>>62611974
>nigger in public
>it was nigga
>it was part of the album therefore part of the art and of what the artist wanted to comunicate

fuck off

>>62611995
>memes and buzzwords

all of it is true tho, are you the same tard who didn't know about the blurgate?
>>
>>62610782
All of his points he made on this review were directly from the threads I read on /mu/ when tlop first came out
It doesn't even feel like he has an original opinion or input on this review besides his biased number score
>>
>>62611943
>millenial
>somebody who was born between the 80s and the 00s

aka 30 something hip tards or just ADHD ridden edgelords who watch fagtano flashy videos because they can't have an opinion of their own, aka you.
>>
>>62612026
Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable saying nigga, that certainly doesn't make him an sjw, you're just a stupid /pol/ack looking for the fucking bogeyman in every corner so you can get uppity when people don't uphold your arbitrary social standards
>>
>>62612000

Trips sèeak the truth, what was the last time fantano and p4k agreed?
>>
>>62612060
>le /pol/ boogieman strawman argument

I shouldn't be replying to you but w/e my dude. Your reading comprehension is quite shit if you think that him being a sjw or agreeing with sjw ideology has anything to do with the "nigga" thing.
>>
FML best track
>>
>>62610782

Why do people even care?
>>
>>62610782

he gave Drake, Meek Mill, Adele and Eminem all higher scores than MBDTF. Fuck him.
>>
>>62612098

good question my friend, there're many obvious answer and most of em are all correct, feel free to pick the one you like the most.
>>
>>62611269
que tonto eres colega, por qué no se va a poder puntuar un album? desde siempre se han hecho también reviews de cine o crónicas de conciertos, ópera o danza, que ha cambiado tanto para que ahora no se pueda analizar también un disco?
>>
>>62612026
No I was the anon that explained to other anon his new was showing and that blurgate happened

Unlike you faggots I'm not a constant emotional teeter-totter that is constantly on edge of hating something, one mistake did not drive me to dislike Fantano believe it or not and his political views certainly don't drive me to dislike him.

Red-pill btw is a terrible meme and you should feel bad for taking /pol/ seriously enough to use that term outside of it. You really need to leave this board because you are only hurting it, just go start music threads on /po/ it's not like they have any important threads anyway, just the same copy-pasted all-caps memes all fucking day.

>>62612056
>ad hominems
>more buzzwords
>all these assumptions
holy fuck kid, what are you so jaded about? Were you raped by some older dude or something? Beat up by some young jocks or some shit? I mean who dismisses millions of people based on their age and birth year? As far as I know only retards do that.
>>
>>62612154
El taco, amigo!
>>
>>62612231
Fuck. Now I'm hungry.
>>
>>62612170
>ad hominem
>buzzwords

see I can do that too! except I actually know what those 2 terms mean, unlike you senpai.
>>
>>62612116
But they're all objectively better than Kanyeezus.
>>
>>62612154
>implying higher art forms critics rate art

back to your tacos with you, pablo.
>>
>>62612286
>still dodging the question
>focusing on the most unimportant part of the discussion
So are you going to make a point or should I consider this discussion over?
>>
>>62612313

Eminem at his best could match Kanye but the rest? Hell no. Drake is 100 percent mediocre, Meek Mill is trash, and Adele is absolute shit.
>>
>>62612346
>Still trying to b8 me

There's literally no question at all, you've been answered by several different anons already and the only one who keeps dodging shit in here it's literally you. Time to prove some shit or just fuck off, L A D.
>>
>>62612376
>tfw it was MMLP2
>>
>>62612376
>i don't like popular names

How very /mu/ of you.
>>
>>62612435
>you've
>you
My favorite part about these shit threads on /mu/ is when somebody gets all wrapped up emotionally and becomes convinced they're having an actual conversation with another actual person.
>>
>>62612435
The question was "I mean who dismisses millions of people based on their age and birth year?"

The reason I asked is because of discussing anything you just started calling me a millenial and a Fantano drone.

The obvious answer is just people like you, but I was basically just fishing until you ended up calling yourself retarded, which you are. Have a nice day.
>>
>>62612456

There are plenty of popular musicians I love (Kanye is obviously one of them). And a couple of Eminem's albums were really, really good, but you're kidding yourself if you think the others are anywhere close.
>>
>>62612535
desu adele's album desu was amazing senpai sepnai.
>>
File: fat pride cringe.jpg (33 KB, 511x720) Image search: [Google]
fat pride cringe.jpg
33 KB, 511x720
>>62612589

Adele is a fat pig with an awful voice who rips off better artists (ex: her terrible cover of Tom Wait's "Martha") who is only popular because she makes other fat pigs feel like they can be cool too. She is an industry plant to propagate the "fat pride" agenda that is spreading through social media like a wildfire (pic related, saw this on Facebook). She has no discernible talent and absolutely nothing that makes her worth listening to over all the better, more talented female musicians of both the present and past (or male musicians, for that matter).
>>
>>62610782
why should anyone be reasoned and objective
>>
>>62610782
Even though a 5 is a bit extreme, I think he brings some legit points: the lyrics are fucking awful and the overall structure of the album is all over the place.

I don't take him seriously at all (he gave a 10 to TPAB), but he seems like a cool fella. The worst thing about him are his fans though. As some anon said earlier, they're 16 year-olds who think if they post DG memes on Facebook they're inmediately music fans.

So yeah, I don't agree with his use of buzzwords and his score, but he ain't a bad fella.
>>
File: 1455560145167s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1455560145167s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
>>62610782
I was dismissing his entire review cause

a) He didn't like Fade

b) He seems one of those people that think "Chris Brown beat Rihanna up, I don't want to listen to him"
>>
>>62612735
I dismissed the review because
>he had a different opinion from me
>He seems like he has a point of view that he made an entire video saying the exact opposite
s m h t b h f a m
>>
>>62612676
This is almost good trolling, but it's a bit over the top. You always want something to be half-way believable when you troll. When you just go all out, guns-a-blazing, then it's too obvious.

7.4/10.
>>
>>62612841
I like his review because
>he shares my oppinions
>I watched all his videos before this one cause I'm a fanboy to a youtube music critic, of all people

really?
>>
>>62611687
Jesus, I wish I could see that. There's no way nobody saved that shit.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.