[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do rock fans tend to be so salty about hip-hop/rap music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
Why do rock fans tend to be so salty about hip-hop/rap music?

Always making fun of or being ironic about hip hop music and complaining about how it isnt 2d4u and crap like that
>>
>>62606781
>it isnt 2d4u and crap like that
Probably because this is how you negros communicate
>>
Why are teenagers on Reddit so obsessed with making fun of 11 year olds that listen to AC/DC in YouTube comments?
>>
Because rock is objectively superior in every sense. Deep down, even every memerap fan realizes this.
>>
There's people playing actual instruments. That and you get less self centered music like Rush's Red Barchetta or Iron Maiden's Powerslave that are about fictional characters. Whereas with rappers it's always me me me.
>>
>>62607086
>Not realising many MC's are fictional exagerrations of the artist's real personality
kek
Anyway OP, the answer is, as usual, all about the white man's need to belittle everyone else, while trying to hide the knowledge of his fundamental inferiority from everybody, himself included.

(The real answer is stupid, insecure teens).
>>
Instruments are much more appealing than someone dicking around on a computer. Also, the lyrical content and relatability of the songs are much closer to home than "I GOT ALL DEEZ HOEZ N DOLLA SIGNZ Y'ALL"
>>
>>62607167
>white man
Yeah, no. Have you ever heard of blues? Of jazz? Not all black people like rap you racist.
>>
>>62607086
>There's people playing actual instruments
Stopped reading there. Literally the most hackneyed and shallow point.
>>
>>62607222
>I don't play any instruments
It's OK buddy.
>>
>>62607212
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little cracker? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Supreme Mathematics, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids in AmeriKKKa, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Nation of Gods and Earths. You are nothing to me but just another grafted ape. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, honkey. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Five Percent Nation and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, blue eyed devil. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, Yakubspawn. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Five Percent Nation and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little cumskin. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
I like rock and hip hop. Been trying to find some more hip hop I like recently actually. Mostly instrumental though but I do like some stuff with rapping.
>>
>>62606781
Cause Hip-Hop/Rap isn't what music is supposed to be...
rap is shit just like pop
>>
>>62607167
Exaggeration or not, it's still always about the artist himself. There's very rarely any rap that attempts even basic storytelling from a fictional perspective that isn't the artist sucking their own dick. I mean, I do really like 3030 for example, but a lot of it is still Del just talking about how cool the sci-fi version of himself is.
>>
File: 4L_t8XGVOht.jpg (27 KB, 523x694) Image search: [Google]
4L_t8XGVOht.jpg
27 KB, 523x694
>>62606920
>>62607086
>>62607182
>>62607267

>2016
>still using this argument

You're either a troll or an obnoxious tween "born in le wrong generation" idiot.

If you honestly believe that one genre of music is superior or worth more than another then you don't deserve the right to enjoy any of it.

If you honestly believe that "using a computer" is not a valid form of instrumentation then you are a narrow minded and ignorant fool.

And before you label me as some kind of butt hurt Kanye dick rider, I'm a thirty something white male who plays real instruments and "plays around with a computer" as well as being a qualified recording engineer.

>2016
>taking the bait
What the fuck am I doing with my life?
>>
>>62606781
Tends to be the other way around, with hiphop/rap folks and their muhh dadrock tee hee
>>
>>62606781

'Rap is the new rock 'n' roll. We the rock stars.'
>>
>>62607958
>f you honestly believe that "using a computer" is not a valid form of instrumentation then you are a narrow minded and ignorant fool.

Been around quite a number of musicians and styles. I've seen "computer music" done by people who didn't have a trace of instrumental knowledge where they knocked the song together before they finished a cup of coffee.

Some of those playing actual instruments had material that took sometimes months to get down.

What makes you think they are equal?
>>
>>62609168

>what makes you think they are equal

Because there are electronic artists who painstakingly slave over a composition and its arrangement/execution. While at the same time many "real artists" hash out 3 chords with some ten minute coffee shop lyricism in no time at all.

What makes you think they aren't?
>>
>>62606781
Rap ages like milk.
>>
>look how good i am
>u suck
>hoes n bitches
>white man be keeping me down

this is black music.
>>
>>62609198
So does milk. It's still a billion $ industry and one of mankinds most commonly used and easily accessible foodstuffs.

Rap music is not milk anon.
>>
>>62609212
Milk is for babies. Rap is for babies.
>>
>>62609196
>painstakingly slave over a composition and its arrangement/execution

Record/Sample/Splice.
On a laptop you can do it on the fly. If you'e ever heard Mission Of Burma or Throbbing Gristle, they used to do it live.
>>
>>62609217
An integral part of every persons development?

Rethink your analogies faggot.
>>
>>62609217
I can't stand much of modern rap at all but i wouldn't go that far.
>>
>>62609231
Yeah, you listen to it when you're a little kid, then you grow up and never bother with it again unless you're a manchild faggot.
>>
>>62609243
Manchild, look at the state you're in.
>>
>>62609220
Clearly your knowledge of electronic instruments barely extends beyond samplers.

Sure those artists used to do it manually because they had no other choice. We used to perform major operations with no anaesthetic as well.
>>
Marvel as the thread demonstrates it's own premise from both sides of the genre divide! Ten millionth verse, same as the first.
>>
Ayyyyyyyy this thread is nothing but shit you'd see in youtube comments
>>
>>62606781
>posting AC/DC with this
AC/DC fans are literally incapable of irony
>>
>>62607874
>rap is bad because it focuses on reality instead of la la land

In all seriousness, darkies are in such a bad social position that they don't really have the same freedoms crackers have to spend so much time thinking about fantasy the way Rush or Iron Maiden do. That's a privilege you get when you don't have anything too serious to worry about in your real life. You'll find that most rappers that do focus on fiction (like Del or El-P) probably come from middle class backgrounds as opposed to the working class background typically associated with hippity hop.
>>
>>62609267
>genre divide

Nigga I'm straddling genres. I am Shakespeare, I am Walt Disney, I am Nike in the flesh. Now who's gonna be the Medici family and stand up and let me create more?
>>
>>62606781
Because hip hop has recently become the most mainstream form of popular music, and they base their identities on being outsiders. Because they lack personalities, they express themselves almost exclusively with the music they consume - thus, to be outsiders they must openly dislike the increasingly popular hip hop culture.
>>
>>62606781
I think you are 40 years too late
>>
>>62609319
Pretty much this. 15 years ago rockists were raging against dance music.
>>
>>62609259
I know far more of it than you think. I've actually been right there with some people as they were putting things together and even contributed a few ideas. At one time i was planning to put some stuff of my own out. Didn't take much to figure out the structure and exactly how to get the sounds.

Should have gone ahead with it, who knows what kind of scam the material could have produced.
>>
File: 1425636754623.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1425636754623.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
if you hate rap then you're an insecure faggot who sucks dick
and you look like pic related
>>
>>62609337
Fair enough. I'm not trying to suggest that all electronic music is some kind of masterpiece but at the same time it's not fair to dismiss it as lesser material compared to something which is purely analogue.

Are you going to tell me a Blink182 album is superior to a Massive Attack album because they play "real instruments"?

>>62609353
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1425736246010.jpg (49 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1425736246010.jpg
49 KB, 500x603
>>62609388
>fuck off
nerve has been strunged
>>
>>62609353
Too much stuff these days is just pure dogshit sound wise. Like they are barely a half step away from pushing a few keys on a casio keyboard. Then you got some of them mushmouth motherfuckers with wack ass shit that that is just plain phoney.
>>
>>62609411
It has.

I kinda want that polar bear pic though.
>>
At AC/DC are fun
Hip-hop is usually a bore, and when it's not then it'ss plain ridiculous.
>>
File: The drink of conquerors.png (404 KB, 850x657) Image search: [Google]
The drink of conquerors.png
404 KB, 850x657
>>62609217
http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/618-milk-the-drink-of-conquerors
>>
>>62609388
>Are you going to tell me a Blink182 album is superior to a Massive Attack album because they play "real instruments"?
Rockists actually believe this
>>
>>62609289
THIS IS THE FRENCH REVOLUTION
>>
>>62609388
Well you got me with Blink-182 as i've always considered them a form of audio torture.

Thing to mention as regard to whatever is considered "acceptable". I introduced a few serious Jazz cats over the years to certain Death Metal material in conversations about song structures, techniques, etc, etc. A common response goes along the lines of..."Forget about how they play it, how the hell did they write it? As some of the songs are just off the wall challenging to do.

What is considered untalented noise by the world at large tends to impress fellow musicians.
>>
>>62606781
Because rock fans are huge autistic insecure faggots, just like any other music/genre fan.
>>
>>62609650
Looks like we have a winner here! Best overall answer!
>>
>>62606781
Objectively (I don't prefer rock or hip hop) there are good and bad musicians in both genres, but what use to be popular on hiphop is the worst of the genre, in rock there are good and bad famous bands. Thats why people in general thinks that hiphop<rock they dont really know enough to compare.
>>
>>62606873
Because they hate themselves and don't want to be reminded of what they used to be
>>
>>62607958
i can give u guitar lessons. with lots of practice u can be as good as lil weezy
>>
>>62609203
Yep thats what I heard listening davis, hendrix, living colour or funkadelic. Like blacks only made hiphop
>>
>>62609869
hip hop is nigger music, not black music
>>
>>62609493
So much this
>>
>>62609493
yeah i will tell u that
>>
File: 1418877190039.jpg (41 KB, 421x834) Image search: [Google]
1418877190039.jpg
41 KB, 421x834
>>62609493
>>62609889
> samefag uses fucking blink182 to represent rock music
>>
>>62606781
i have been around dadrock fans that hated any forms of Rap music (except Eminem) since middle school, and i'm pretty sure one of the biggest things about their hatred towards rap music is the fact that they're jealous rap is very popular and Rock is not anymore. i can guarantee you there's a lot of that, although they wont admit it
>>
>>62610072
> implying popular is better and somehow not being mainstream is bad
>>
AC/DC is such a pleb/shit band it's not even funny.

>O hei guise i can play 3 chords i need 2 be a guitarist !!11
>I just sucked 5 dicks in a row and cum is stuck in my throat, I'm ready to sing
> ERM UN A HAIIIIIWAY TO HLEL!
>Drummer and bassist are asleep mid-show
>Guys this music is way better than this generation's music
>>
>>62606781

Idk, i think loud rock fans could potentially enjoy Wu-Tang Clan and Wu affiliates. Similar sensibilities imo.
>>
>>62610183
>AC/DC is such a pleb/shit band it's not even funny.
I've only heard 3 AC/DC songs on the radio: The Post
>>
>>62609650
If you judge a genre by certain artists than you're an insecure faggot
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.