[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (474 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
474 KB, 1300x1300
This is the best Pink Floyd album
>>
File: 4639006-1x1-940x940.jpg (101 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
4639006-1x1-940x940.jpg
101 KB, 940x940
>>62606226
>>
>>62606226
It's certainly the most underrated
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Pic related was disappointing, but still miles better than Richard D James.

Of course, I was expecting something more hardcore from the album covers.

>>62606226
Never heard of that one. Album name?
>>
>>62606226
That's not unpopular opinion at all in here

personally i really like it and i'm not a big Pink Floyd fan, funny cause every Pink Floyd fan i know hate it
>>
>>62606226
ummagumma is pretty shit

>>62606264
correct
>>
>>62606226
This is the best Pink Floyd album
>>
>>62606483
Do they even like Meddle?
>>
>>62606226
You didn't post Wish You Were Here though
>>
>>62606466
Ummagumma. It's both a live album of songs from their two first albums, and a studio album with really cool experimental stuff.

>>62606483
I'm talking about the studio part btw. Most people like the live part
>>
>>62606516
Yep, i think so. From what they told me they found it "too weird", funny cause i don't find it that inaccessible. It has some really good melodies imo.
They're just not that used to experimental stuff i guess (which is weird for Pink Floyd fans)
>>
>>62606495
I love 60s psych music, strawberry alarm clock, 13th floor elevators, love, spirogyra to name a few. but i really cant appreciate piper at the gates of dawn or a saucerful of secrets. Im just glad floyd went down the direction of prog rock after syd barrett was kicked from the band

>>62606516
most floyd fans (not including born in le wrong generation fags) would state meddle as floyd's best album. although personally I prefer atom heart mother.
>>
File: 465432489452446.jpg (21 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
465432489452446.jpg
21 KB, 316x315
Not Floyd related but if we're speaking of unpopular opinions...

>Alter Bridge is one of the most underrated rock bands I've ever known
>pic related is one of the greatest rock albums I've heard in a long long time
>Blackbird deserves a place among the best songs that ever were
>>
Most floyd fans say meddle? Have you asked most of them? What rubbish. Dark side of the moon by its sales tell you it's the best, and it is.
>>
>>62606908
He used a no true Scotsman fallacy. Don't bother
>>
>>62606908
I said not including born in le wrong generation fags. Dad rockers not included either. Most people that have listened to Floyd's full discography several times (I am one of those people) say that Meddle is their best.

also
>implying sales shows anything other than popularity.

please, please tell me you're baiting
>>
syd barrett made dumb nursery rhyme 1 minute pop songs but because they see the word 'psychedelic' in there and whimsical they wank over it

cardiacs are shit

sparks are shit

ac/dc made a lot of good solid engaging rock music

bohemian rhapsody is one of the best songs of all-time and isn't even the best queen song letting that douchebag that uses it as a 'le sing along song' ruin it for you is retarded

all rap is shit apart from outkast
>>
>>62606226
Lou Reed's New York is overrated, not even close to being one of his best.
>>
>>62606226
Jazz is more about musicians' feelings and egos than actual music.
>>
Person Pitch is repetitive noisy wank and is shit compared to most of the actual AnCo material.

Metal music has completely regressed in the past 10 years and all sounds nearly identical, same drums, same dissonant guitars, same lack of melody, a guy making gutteral noises, it's boring and pedestrian at this point. No metal albums from this decade will be considered classics aside from maybe Sunbather.

The Money Store is Death Grip's worst album, Government Plates is a great album.

Random Access Memories was forgettable at best.

Amnesiac is shittier than The King of Limbs.
>>
>>62606226
What kind of pretentious /mu/head you have to be to utter this nonsense?
>>
>>62607706

>Amnesiac is shittier than The King of Limbs.

I used to think that, but then I listened to the album in a cold, dark room and that motherfucker magically clicked. I still don't listen to it when the sun's out because the setting really does make that album for me.
>>
>>62606972
>syd barrett made dumb nursery rhyme 1 minute pop songs but because they see the word 'psychedelic' in there and whimsical they wank over it
Kinda
>cardiacs are shit
No
>sparks are shit
Kinda, my guilty pleasure I suppose
>ac/dc made a lot of good solid engaging rock music
True, who claims otherwise?
>bohemian rhapsody is one of the best songs of all-time and isn't even the best queen song letting that douchebag that uses it as a 'le sing along song' ruin it for you is retarded
It's a great song but I don't know if it's one of the best of all time. A Night in the Opera is the best Queen album though, by far.
>all rap is shit apart from outkast
I don't agree but I'm willing to back you on this for political reasons.
>>
>>62606466
Oh man, a trip who just found out who Richard is, and they have not heard Ummagumma. Lurk moar
>>
>>62607706
>Person Pitch is repetitive noisy wank and is shit compared to most of the actual AnCo material.
Obviously
>Metal music has completely regressed in the past 10 years and all sounds nearly identical, same drums, same dissonant guitars, same lack of melody, a guy making gutteral noises, it's boring and pedestrian at this point. No metal albums from this decade will be considered classics aside from maybe Sunbather.
I actually agree but if your counter example is Sunbather you're weak on the material.
>The Money Store is Death Grip's worst album, Government Plates is a great album.
Yep; worst=\=bad though
>Random Access Memories was forgettable at best.
Yep
Yes but again it's not a bad album
>>
>>62606853

>Alter Bridge is one of the most underrated rock bands I've ever known
>pic related is one of the greatest rock albums I've heard in a long long time

LMAO

>Blackbird deserves a place among the best songs that ever were

Now you are right.
>>
>>62606926
And you used a fallacy fallacy, you pretentious douchebag.
>>
Piper>Saucerful>>Ummagumma>everything else by Floyd
>>
>>62607744
I like certain stuff from it, like pretty much every Radiohead album the opening track is fucking incredible. I like Pyramid Song and Life in a Glass House a lot.

but really it feels like the B-sides of Kid A, including a George Lucas Special Edition of Morning Bell. Also the album was way too dependent on Yorke's vocals, which are terrible on the album.

>>62607779
Sunbather was just the first thing that came to mind because it's one of the only modern metal albums I can think of where they put effort into the melody and instrumentation.

To be honest The Seer and To Be Kind are better metal albums than anything coming from any actual metal band.
>>
The Slim Shady LP is the best rap album of all time. Yeah I said it.
>>
>>62607870
>not Spiral Walls Containing Autumns of Light

shit taste senpai
>>
> A Syd Barrett album = Pink Floyd Discography

Sure it excludes The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn and Jugband Blues
>>
>>62607849
I wouldn't label post-2000 Swans as metal.
Anyway Mgla are pretty good even if they're memed to hell.
>>
>>62607849

I see Amnesiac as more of a progression, or perhaps regression from Kid A? Maybe "refinement" is the closest term - to me, it's much more of a rock record than Kid A was. Sure, it has its weird spots like Pulk/Pull or Like Spinning Plates but tracks like You And Whose Army, Dollars & Cents, I Might Be Wrong, and Knives Out see the band kind of hit a midpoint, neither as rock as OKC nor as electronic as a lot of Kid A. I actually feel like Amnesiac is the point where Radiohead found their sound and when you really think about it HTTT and IR are just more refined takes on Amnesiac's balance of rock and electronic elements. TKOL kinda takes a sidestep into more direct krautrock territory but even then it's not like that influence wasn't felt on Amnesiac either.
>>
>>62606226
The wall is a good album
>>
>>62607706
how is this unpopular on here?
>>
>>62606226
They're all bland.
>>
>>62606226
Taylor Swift can be great when she's by herself.
>>
>>62606960
So you don't include about 60% of the fans.
Let's say most of pink floyd fans would say WYWH but i'm not including those who aren't me
>>
>>62606495
yes it is
I don't care much for 'Interstellar Overdrive' though...
>>
>>62606972
And thats unpopular?
>>
>>62609403
here it is you fucking tard
>>
I don't like the animal collective vocals, makes it a bit hard to enjoy the albums but I'll try.
>>
Meddle is probably their best.

Has a bit of the early Floyd flippancy alongside the serene prog-soundscapes of Echoes.
>>
>>62606226
Side A is pretty good, especially Saucerful of Secrets. Side B isn't desu.
>>
>>62609414
And you take mu's opinions seriously?
>>
>>62607706
>Person Pitch is repetitive noisy wank and is shit compared to most of the actual AnCo material.
Haven't completely listened to it, but yeah, i didn't find it very interesting compared to most AnCo stuff

>Metal music has completely regressed in the past 10 years and all sounds nearly identical, same drums, same dissonant guitars, same lack of melody, a guy making gutteral noises, it's boring and pedestrian at this point. No metal albums from this decade will be considered classics aside from maybe Sunbather.
While i still enjoy some Metal, i have to agree. And the fact that Sunbather is also the first album that came to mind shows how it's limited right now.

>The Money Store is Death Grip's worst album, Government Plates is a great album.
I can get behind that. i recently listented to GP again, and while i didn't like it very much on first listens, i have to say it's amazing. Not my favorite, but among their best for sure. And for The Money Store, i'd say it's my least favorite, but still a great one.

RAM was great, but it was forgettable. i honestly don't listen to it a lot, but i do enjoy it very much.
But i'm a Daft Punk fan since 15 years and i'd ride their dick no matter what kind of shit they'd come up with, so my opinion might be irrelevant
>>
>>62607706
>>62609768
(forgot last point)
nope, can't agree with that, sorry
>>
>>62606972
Why don't you like Sparks? Just curious, I love them.
>>
File: 51vxNgPerJL.jpg (47 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
51vxNgPerJL.jpg
47 KB, 500x492
>>62606226
> unpopular opinions
> Ummagumma
How old are you? Have you ever read any reviews about Pink Floyd's discography? Ummagumma is listed as one of their best albums basically everywhere.
After listening to Pink Floyd's discography multiple times, I still think that Meddle is one of their best albums, even though it's pretty underrated.

Pic related is better than Starsailor
>>
Hellsing TV is 100x better than Hellsing OVA
>>
>>62607772
Nah, I know of him, just hadn't gotten around to listening to him yet.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.