[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, which one of these is his best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: kanye.jpg (188 KB, 999x500) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
188 KB, 999x500
Now that the dust has settled, which one of these is his best album?
>>
probably Tylo Be Chillin
>>
>>62585910
Mbdtf
>>
>>62585910
le late registration m'lady
>>
>>
MBDTF, definitely

Kanye's first three albums haven't really aged well. They have really high highs, but they have a lot of filler that can just be skipped.
>>
TLOP
>>
mbdtf, im just gonna pretend that kanye died in 2015 and left his unfinished album with us.
>>
File: ss (2016-02-15 at 04.03.54).png (39 KB, 630x349) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-15 at 04.03.54).png
39 KB, 630x349
yeezus and late registration
>>
College Dropout > MBDTF > Late Registration > 808s > Graduation > Yeezy > TLOP
>>
>>62586115

Wew lad, horrible taste.
>>
>>62585910
Any sane fans of Kanyes early work here?
First 3 albums all GOAT. Avoid the "graduation is not goat" meme.
MBDTF is great
808's is OK

And then the dark realization
Yeezus is dogshit
Life of Pablo is dogshit, and even the name of the album is dogshit

I am literally mildly depressed knowing that Kanye will likely never get over his #blacklivesmatter phase, and will never again release a good album
>>
>>62586115
I agree with this
>>
>>62586115
>>62586191
absolutely based and the exact same as mine, slip Late Orchestration in between MBDTF and LR for good measure

>>62586147
probably dick rides Yeezus and 808s
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 1000x1000
>>
MBDTF=TLOP>Graduation>808's>CD>LR>Yeezus>Watch The Throne>Cruel Summer
>>
>>62586170
LR, Graduation, CD, MBDTF, 808s, TLAP, Yeezus
>>
>>62586115
Haven't heard TLOP yet, nobody will post a good link

Top tier:
>Yeezus
>808s

Good tier:
>MBDTF
>College Dropout
>Graduation

Pls go:
>Late Registration
>>
>>62586221

Wew lad, either bad bait or complete shit taste. Feel a bit ashamed for you.
>>
Wow everyone has an opinion? What a time to be alive.
>>
>>62586270
give yours you fucking pleb
>>
MBDTF > CD > TLOP = LR > Yeezus = Graduation > 808s
>>
>>62586242

Wew lad, are you 12? Worst one so far.
>>
>>62586170
Graduation was shit dude. 808 was better than it.
>>
PICASSO AND KANYE SHARE MANY QUALITIES
>>
>>62586242
>Top tier:
>>Yeezus
>>808s
yikes
>>
>>62586297

Wew lad, you got brain damage and forgot how to talk? Better off to reddit kiddo.
>>
If he ended it at waves TLOP would be his best album.
>>
>>62586443
>no real friends
nice taste
>>
MBDTF > LR > TLOP > 808S = YEEZUS > G > CD
>>
>>62586512

Wew lad, almost there.
>>
>>62586115

808's > LR > TCD > MBDTF > TLOP > G > Y
>>
>>62586675

Wew lad, you started listening to music? Good time mate.
>>
>>62586317
Yeah I have no idea what the fuck this guy
>>62586242
is thinking. At least most anons agree that 808 was lackluster at best
>>
>>62586731
When did /mu/ start hating 808s?
>>
>>62586752

Wew lad, no hate. Just mediocre at best.
>>
>>62586752
not hating, it just doesn't hold up to Kanye's other work
>>
>TCD was good

I want this meme to end already. It's just a mixtape.

Kanye's discography officialy starts with 808's
>>
>>62586815

Wew lad, welcome to /mu/. How was reddit today?
>>
File: dsgdksalfdjhsadf.png (959 KB, 651x647) Image search: [Google]
dsgdksalfdjhsadf.png
959 KB, 651x647
>>62586115
>>
MBDTF > TLOP > LR > CD > Y = 808 > G
>>
>>62586790
>>62586811
Holy moly, you guys haven't been this collectively wrong in a minute, its kinda cringey desu
>>
>>62586909
>majority opinion compared to minority
>cringe
>okay nt though
>>
>>62586909

Wew lad, reddit kinda slow today so you feel like shitting up /mu/? Great job, senpai.
>>
I've never listened to a Kanye album before TLOP, so I dunno
>>
TCD>MBDTF>LR>GD>808>YZ
>>
MBDTF > Late Registration > Yeezus > College Dropout > 808s > Graduation >TLOP
>>
File: 1452394078112.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452394078112.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>62587005
>bait
>>
>>62587020
>cd above anything but graduation
>graduation anything but last
>808s that low
stop
>>
>>62587020
>>62587038

Wew lads, you guys crack me up.
>>
>>62587094
let's see your list faggot
>>
1. MBDTF
2. Yeezus
3. CD
4. TLOP
5. LR
6. 808s
7. Graduation
>>
>>62585910
MBDTF was a solid and coherent album, even if its highs didn't compare to the highs of TCD. TCD had a lot of classic tracks, but it also had some weak and forgettable tracks.

Just like comparing the Chronic to Doggystyle, really.
>>
1. MBDTF
2. Pablo
3. Late
4. Yeezus
5. Dropout
6. WTT
7. Graduation
8. 808s
>>
>>62587039
It's not, literally listening to TLOP right now, it's meh
>>
>>62585910
TLOP to be honest
>>
Posted a similar comment on a Ye thread earlier but I have listened over all of Ye's solo albums and have came this this conclusion.

I rank Ye's albums in tiers if that makes any sense.

TLOP = TLOP is basically Ye passing on the torch to a new generation of artists. Ultralight beam was supposed to be the last track as sort of a finale of Ye's discography (look up chances old tweets) but Ye being Ye made it the very first track instead. It doesn't sound cohesive because it has a lot of tracks that dont mix well seemingly just thrown in. Its like Ye had the album track list and order then decided he had all these other good tracks that should be in it so he threw them in then changed the order up. Its still currently being worked on (think video game patches).

I think it has potential to be one of Ye's best, if not THE BEST albums.

MBDTF / 808s / Yeezus

Personally I think all these albums are equal in terms of craftsmanship and artistic genius. However in terms of enjoyment I rank them as listed. I think of these 3 as part of a set (as well as his other 3 solo albums). 808s and Heartbreak is like the comforting version representing vulnerability, pain, and emotion (Aka the heart). Yeezus however, is the exact opposite. Yeezus is the ego that represents cockiness, not giving a fuck, in your face. If 808s and heart break is the heart Yeezus is the dick, literally. Where 808s is smooth, Yeezus is rough. Artistically they are equals, two halves of one whole.

And that 'whole' of course is MBDTF. MBDTF to me is exactly what the title suggests. Good and Bad coming together. Beauty and chaos joining forces (The brain). It is orchestration to its finest degree and proves that Yeezy knows exactly what the fuck he is doing. I cant really say much that hasn't already been said about this album. It is balance, perfection almost.

will cont
>>
yeezus is his only interesting piece of work
>>
>>62587968

>cont

LR / Grad / CD

This is the first trifecta of Ye's jigsaw puzzle of a career. Again I believe they all reflect the same level of artistry but I ranked them in terms of enjoyment. This set is a lot more obvious is their relation. I believe these albums are great they are not timeless like Ye's progressing 3 project are.
>>
Fucking want old wolves, now.
>>
>>62587968
I could go a lot deeper talking about the contrast between 808s/Yeezus and MBDTF's artistic balance but it'll prob get ignored.
>>
>>62588248
No I'll read it, go on
>>
>>62586170
>I am literally mildly depressed knowing that Kanye will likely never get over his #blacklivesmatter phase, and will never again release a good album
As long as I'm in Polo's smilin they think they got me
But they would try to crack me if they ever see a black me
>>
Patrician opinion coming through

MBDTF > Graduation > TLOP > LR > CD > Yeezus > 808s
>>
>>62588294
ok fine just for you anon. I dont write often so I'm kind of rusty.

If you look deep enough Ye is really good at reflecting human emotion and psychology. He is honestly a fucking genius and a god in some ways. He has reached levels of awareness, not only self awareness but externally aswell.

Think of 808s and Yeezus as kids. 808s grew up as an idealistic that loved too much, or trusted too easily and was pained as a result. Yeezus grew up to only look out for himself, take what you want, a narcissist and a cynic. Down to the core these two kids essentially, are conditioned the same but their defense mechanisms are opposites. Now look at the covers of the two albums. They share similar themes, a bland or simplistic background with a hit of red. But the shapes are different. yeezus is a box. Think protected, secured. How could you get hurt if you cant feel? That is the type of ego Yeezus is. Now look at 808s, the hint of red is in the center, almost welcoming (with open hands?). Yeezus alienates himself where 808s seeks comfort. They are polar opposites of the human psyche. This is all face value without even going into the contrast in music but if you use the same formula you can make the connections your self. Smooth deep rhythmic drums vs loud industrial clinging and clanging. The contrast is uncanny. Then we go deeper with mbdtf. Like I said, it is the perfect balance. Starting with the cover. It shares the same themes, but without containment. The character that this album conveys the same character ( red spot on the cover ) but instead of being a spot of red that is contained in some way the color is set free upon the whole canvas and a unique individual is born (center icon of the album). It is the perfect balance of both psyches. It is both negativity and positivity orchestrated into one being that results in a balance so righteous. And that righteousness is Kanye's beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy. I could say a lot more but character counts.
>>
>>62590363

Ye's discography also reflects him growing as an artist. From rebeling, to learning, to succeeding with his first 3 albums he goes to loving and being hurt, to finding balance and power within himself, then drowning in his ego after realizing how great he really is. To finally TLOP, a summary of 'The life of Pablo' or Ye in this case, one of our worlds most influential individuals.
>>
>>62590581
Ye seriously is like the second coming of jesus.
>>
>>62586512
yeezus and graduation above 808s and this is perfect.
>>
>>62590638
>>62590581
>>62590363
Beautiful. I agree with you on many levels of the genius of Kanye. I've never looked at the comparison of the albums themselves that way, but I definitely know what you're talking about with each theme of the albums.

But you saying TLOP as being his last album feels wrong. I feel like a lot of what you said was right, like a passing of the torch to other artists with how many people he had on it. How to me, it's a cross of Yeezus and his first 3 albums/MBDTF. Almost like a fight between the two. Real Friends, Ultralight Beam, Low Lights being the latter, Facts, Feedback, being the former. I just feel Ye wouldn't end on something like this. He would definitely do something more Grand.
>>
>>62591010
now that you mention it, Ye would be the type to leave on a grand exit. Another thing about TLOP I have realized is that is has a little bit of everything we have seen from Kanye. Maybe rather than a summary its more of a compilation ('the life of' theme implies this). Its more like Ye is proving that he hasn't lost any talent but just showing that even tho hes really busy in life rn (with his fashion line which I also think is genius) he still got it. Admittedly he sounds not as focused on music on this album, respectively. Again Ye is just proving all the shit talk and ego is justified.
>>
MBDTF > Late Registration > CD > TLOP > 808s > Yeezus > Graduation
>>
>>62591578
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>62586512
Switch CD with Yeezus and perfect list, even tho all are over 7s
>>
>>62591452
Yeah, I think it's honestly a lot of the same Kanye in there. LR, CD, G show up. That's our happy, eager, young Kanye. 808's/MBDTF brought on sad/reflective/pessimistic Kanye. Yeezus/TLOP brought on angry, confrontational, crazy Kanye.

I think it's even a little strange Kanye laughs like he does at the end of "I Love Kanye" on TLOP. Is it a laugh at himself? A nervous laugh? Maybe a stressful laugh? It's smack in the middle of the album. Almost dividing the songs. The first half of the album and last half seem ajar someway. But back to the track. It's short, rapid, but I think it has the most meaning. Is he talking in third person? Is it what he hears from others? He acknowledges how different his attitude is now,"I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye..." "I miss the sweet Kanye, chop up the beats Kanye." Honestly I think it's one of the more profound ones on there.
>>
>>62587038
Swap TLOP and 808s and this is the perfect list
>>
1. MBDTF
2. Yeezus
3. 808s
4. Graduation
5.LR
6. CD
>>
>>62591940
I think Ye has just reached a level of awareness that transcends his image. He is aware that he is an icon/meme. He is the same eager kanye from LR days but he just understands how the system works and is adapting to it. The thing about Kanye is he doesn't mind being the villain or icon of public hate as long as he knows he is putting more good into the world than bad. He's like every other visionary/revolutionist/renaissance man. Genius, aware, and unappreciated in his time. Hes like Itatchi.
>>
>>62592645
Idk about the whole Twitter thing though. I feel like it's a bit of implosion. I think he's overwhelmed himself. Family, music, fashion etc. Maybe he's conflicted that he isn't juggling these things perfectly.
>>
MBDTF > Yeezus > LR > Pablo > 808s > CD > G
>>
>>62585986

Really? It's the complete opposite to me, MBDTF has aged pretty poorly, due to the poor mixing, the fact that most the songs drag on much longer than most pop songs, and the mediocre lyrics. A decent album but I hardly ever come back to it.
>>
>>62593409
it is a possibility as the line between genius and insanity is very thin, cudder has proven that I imo. (also looking through history it is not uncommon for geniuses to go insane)
>>
Late Registration > 808s & Heartbreak > The College Dropout > The Life Of Pablo > Yeezus > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy >> Graduation
>>
MBDTF > LR > CD = Pablo > Yeezus > Grad > 808
>>
>>62586170
You do realise that when he made the music you like from him he did the whole "George Bush doesn't care about Black People" thing and his music has always been very pro-black?
>>
808s
>>
>>62585944
Check em
>>
>>62586170
LR is an extremely pro-black album
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.