[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it getting panned?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: geo.jpg (273 KB, 2048x1024) Image search: [Google]
geo.jpg
273 KB, 2048x1024
why is it getting panned?
>>
Don't know. Its a 9/10 for me
>>
>>62571653
They're white.
>>
File: pw rym.png (12 KB, 327x239) Image search: [Google]
pw rym.png
12 KB, 327x239
it only has a 7 on rym what the fuck
>>
Cause its not Kanye. This boards taste is shit
>>
Because it deserves it. If you like it a lot or enjoy listening that's fine, but it's simply not a very good album.
>>
I don't care 2bh it's great
>>
People got over their Anco phase. It's like a foo fighters phase but late teens - early 20s instead of early teens.
>>
Because it's a generic album from them doing nothing new
>>
because it's their worst album
>>
>>62571653
white guys aren't cool anymore
>>
7/10 so far for me

it doesn't have the same great melodies that mpp and strawberry jam had
still really nice production
>>
>>62571831
>>62571845
>>62571856

oh how wrong you are. get intelligent and understand music better. might be impossible, but that's the only way you'll ever get AnCo. you might just be dumb :(
>>
>>62571868
it's too dense for you then

listen to more grimes you nonce
>>
This is their fastest, craziest release yet while still being one of their most accessible. srsly might be a 10/10 for me not even joking
>>
>>62571877
dunning kruger in effect
>>
>>62571877
2deep4me, eh? I don't "get" AnCo, despite years of listening and enjoying their good material? Thanks, I didn't know that about myself.
>>
>>62571653
is that mckenna?
>>
>>62571942
anytime champ
>>
It's fucking great, 8/10 possibly a 9

I feel like you're trying to make people think it's being panned to sway their opinions when everyone's praising it
>>
Can I find this on the YouTube???
I don't got no computer aha
>>
>>62571978
no i reallly love the album i just was wondering why some sites are giving it 6/10s like wtf
>>
>>62572051
6/10 is still a good rating you stupid faggot
>>
>>62572093
Yeah but it should be getting 8.5+ honestly
>>
some of the synth sounds at the end of recycling sound a bit like the ones used throughout STGSTV, cool
>>
>>62571772
"energetic, summer, happy" lol

but probably... true?
>>
because the parking lot is way to hot
>>
>>62571653
good music is rarely praised
>>
>>62572905
This
>>
>>62572879
Kek
>>
>>62571868
My feelings. Prod is wonderful which is such a relief after chz. I really appreciate the depth of the sound they made despite flooding most songs with upper bass which usually flattens and muddies music. Also they had some great moments of bridging electronic and traditional instrumentation, something I think they have struggled with in the past. But still, the melodies and consistency of timbre were both a little boring. Needs more listens but for now it's good but not great.
>>
7/10
>couple of catchy songs
>most of the songs are beat + synths + singing without any variation, unlike MPP
>sounds like PBMTGR 2.0
>lack of melodies in general
>>
>>62571653
I say that its because they played it too safe when making this album, its good but not great.
>>
>>62571929
i feel you m8, glad its hit you like its hit me
>>
Not enough quotable lines

>JUUUUUUUUUUSSST AAAAAAAAAAAA SEC MOOOOOOORRRRRE
>>
What are your top 3 songs on this album?
Bagels in Kiev > Golden Gal > FloriDada
>>
>>62573137
>THE PARKING LOT IS WAY TOO HOT
>FLORA FLORA FLORA FLORA FLORA FLORIDAAAAAAAAAA
>DREAMMING OF MY BURRGUUUUULAAARRRRRRRS
>AHHHH UHH HHEEEE EEHHHHH
There is a few more
>>
>>62571958
Its geologist ya goof
>>
Bagels for everyone that is what you would've wanted / FloRida / Lying About The Grass
>>
All the songs sound the same to me nothing is sticking out
>>
>>62571772
>caring about rym scores.
>>
>>62573027
>sounds like PBMTGR 2.0
this sounds NOTHING like PBMTGR
>>
>>62573242
TAKE A HIT OR TAKE A FALL

FALL fall BACK back
FALL fall BACK back
FALL fall BACK back
FALL fall BACK back
FALL fall BACK back
FALL fall BACK back
FALL fall BACK back
>>
>>62573466

not him but it really does

it's like if you took MPP and stripped away the actual brilliance and creativity of it

it might as well be a half-baked Panda solo album with Avey guest vocals
>>
who cares what it is or what it sort of might sound like, if you like it, you like it.
it's a good album imo
>>
Hocus Pocus is really cool
>>
>Why is "Literally Who?" The album getting panned?
>>
>>62573492
nah, PBVSGR has a really flat, blocky feelign to me

this feels more angular, more dynamic and slippery

the parallels you're making are really superficial and technical, not stylistic
>>
>>62571772
>rym reviews are credible and worth taking note of
>over an album not yet released
how these guys are rating based on the crosley rips is beyond me

you hipster tryhards never cease to amaze me
>>
>>62573586
there's a 320 and flac rip out now

granted most of these are probably from the crosley rip but jsyk
>>
>>62573597
That rip just started floating around, found out about it in another anco thread but ty

yeah I'm not rating until I get my own .flac rip from a CD on friday when I goto amoeba.
>>
>>62573174
Bagels in Kiev
Floiridada
Recyclinga

it's a solid album and I like every song on it though. I feel like it's stronger than CHz (in my top 3) and up there with MPP
>>
Is a decent rip even out yet?
>>
>>62573838
320kpbs and FLAC
>>
>>62573543
get out from under your shitty rock and realize the mark this band is making on music as a whole
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.