[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GRAMMYS 2016 PRE-GAME THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: Kendrick-Lamar-.jpg (759 KB, 990x990) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick-Lamar-.jpg
759 KB, 990x990
The Grammys are on Feb. 15. Get in here and place your bets.
>>
tswift will rob kendrick of album of the year
>>
>>62565748
ima rock the boat
work the middle til it hurt a little
>>
Kanye surprise performed maybe?
>>
>>62565748
Taylor will get BTFO again
>>
Gaga will accidently fuck up the Bowie tribute and it'll go viral.
>>
>>62565748
AOTY: THE LIFE OF PABLO
BEST RAP ALBUM: THE LIFE OF PABLO
>>
Here's the nominee info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/58th_Annual_Grammy_Awards
>>
i care even less about the grammys than i do about the oscars t b h
>>
Beyonce and Kendrick will do some black power thing to rile up Fox News
>>
^^ right you are
>>
>>62565763
he didn't even deserve it
>>
CANT WAIT FOR IT TO LISTEN TO REAL MUSIC, NOT MEME BULLSHIT HERE ON MU
>>
>>62565763
and ironically, kanye will interrupt AGAIN, and vouche that kendrick deserved it,
you heard it here first
>>
5-6 of them shits im calling it
>>
File: IMG_4669.jpg (18 KB, 251x190) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4669.jpg
18 KB, 251x190
>award shows
>>
>>62565763
I hate kendrick and don't like TPAB at all but if taylor swift wins over him than the grammy's are in fact racist and kendrick will have a reason to complain. with that said I don't think ANY album ever nominated for a grammy is even remotely good but it's just an award show for normal people. I do wish there was a music equivalent of cannes but oh well who cares about award shows anyway
>>
#GrammysSoBlack

To Prep A Bull becomes Bernie Sanders campaign music
>>
who's performing?
is there anything worth watching?
>>
>>62565763
If she does you know that'll cause a race war

They don't want that. Kendrick wins
>>
There will be a bowie tribute show
>>
>>62565763
And then Macklemore will go on stage to interrupt her screencap this
>>
>Really Love wins Record of the Year
>Sounds and Color wins Album of the Year
>Alright wins Song of the Year
>Courtney Barnett wins Best New Artist
lol, can you imagine
>>
idk how this works but we should all just fuck it up and vote for nicki minaj
>>
You guys genuinely care about the Grammys? Why?

It's literally just three hours of mediocre pop musicians being given undeserved awards by the major corporations who produce their albums. Maybe this is why y'all have such shit taste in music? Because it's decided for you by people who just want to make money?
>>
File: 1445810064000.jpg (46 KB, 427x960) Image search: [Google]
1445810064000.jpg
46 KB, 427x960
>>62565804
>wiki page doesn't mention the time
lmao just fuck my shit up senpaitachi, just fuck you senpai, fuck you faggot, fuck your face
>>
>>62572487
That was YouTube comments tier
>>
>>62572487
Why is there always a faggot hipster complaining about the Grammys every year
>>
>>62571553
Taylor legitimately had a better album though. She created an intelligent and melodic pop album that was more interesting and entertaining. There's not one track on there that isn't catchy and technically sharp.

Kendrick however made a pretentious album that pandered to progressives and middle schoolers. The music he made was obnoxious and boring, and it's widely disliked by intelligent people
>>
>>62572487

this is completely true but the poptimists/lerightgeneration retards on /mu/ are gonna shit on you
>>
>>62572550
>>62572569
>I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
>*white person sees a cracker* white person "same" desu. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
>I follow pop culture.
>I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
>I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
>I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
>Beyonce be like
>Jay-Z be like
>Nicki Minaj be like
>KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
>Yeezy season approaching
>Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
>Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
>Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
>um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu
>WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
>People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to /pol/
>pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
>>I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO.
>I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
>#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew????
>>
>>62572610

you can't be fucking serious

also even if that were true, Taylor probably had about 12 percent of a role in crafting "her" album
>>
>>62565748
When does it air?
>>
>>62572639
I live in Canada and only know like three black people, but this seems pretty accurate.
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>62572610

>legitimately had a better album
>intelligent and melodic pop
>interesting and entertaining
>catchy and technically sharp
>>
>>62572649
Sorry but what instruments did Kendrick play on his album? Which beats did Kendrick make on his album? Which songs did Kendrick compose on his album? Which songs did Kendrick write entirely on his own on his album?

The answer is of course none. Like most rappers, Kendrick is totally reliant upon other musicians to make his music for him. Kendrick's job in the creation of TPAB was to provide celebrity appeal and literary pretension which fourteen year olds would confuse with artistic talent.

On the other hand, Taylor knows how to sing and play guitar and piano. She is a technically talented and intelligent young woman who knows more theory than Kendrick and had a much MUCH greater role in creating her album than Kendrick did.
>>
uptown funk roty
Sound and colour aoty
Alright soty
Courtney Barnett bna
>>
File: 1438449258045.png (150 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1438449258045.png
150 KB, 368x368
>Sound and Color has absolutely no chance against TPAB and Taylor Shit
Feels pretty bad
>>
>>62572796

>muh theory
>muh instruments

also you're kidding yourself if you think Taylor did one thing by herself on "her" album

Kendrick is at least a god-tier rapper/lyricist whereas Taylor is a mediocre at best singer and terrible lyricist.

have a feeling you're trolling though.
>>
>>62572796
That's true, but TPAB is still a better album.
>>
>>62572610
King kunta and the whole Lucy thing was a solid attempt at creating a true music album.
Maybe its because kendrick is the same age as me, maybe because im currently going through some rough times, maybe because the way he talks about thinking about "quitting and going back to the hoid to hear his enemies say YEAH" and how he found himself screaming in the hotel room with self destructive tendencies (clearly for different reasons since he mentions how he feels guilt over encouraging black on black gang crime, yet i feel guilty for something different and feeling like a failure), basically his music emotionally reached me.
Dudes not talking about boys and 1st world problems like love like tay tay, dudes talking about deep personal issues that stem from growing up in fucking compton
>>
I hope kendrick becomes the next leo and never gets a grammy
>>
>>62573513
Sure thing kid, keep making up imaginary problems while you post on 4chan. yeah man so emotional lol.
>>
>>62565763
Style was a really good song

Meanwhile Kendrick didn't put out a hit all year
>>
>>62573524
why?
>>
>>62573553
So he stays hungry
>>
>>62572610
>widely disliked by intelligent people
Like who? I hope you aren't talking about /mu/...
>>
>>62573571
I don't think Kendrick makes his music for Grammy's.
>>
If the Grammy's don't give TPAB AOTY then the whole thing really is a waste. The Grammys have always been awful, but now they have an opportunity to give accolades to an actually good album, and if they fuck it up, then there really is no point.
>>
>>62573601
TPAB was grammy bait family
>>
>>62573670
That doesn't make any sense why does he need to make Grammy bait? Everybody knows he won over Macklemore, it isn't like GKMC wasn't good enough to win the Grammy it was just the fact that Thrift Shop could be listened to by 6 year olds and played on the radio nonstop.
>>
>>62573363
Not true, if the Grammys go the SJW route then S&C will win cuz
>black female frontwoman that isn't necessarily attractive

Unfortunately this is the only way it will win even though it's better than the other albums.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.