[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Kanye is garbo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: the-college-dropout.jpg (461 KB, 1200x1194) Image search: [Google]
the-college-dropout.jpg
461 KB, 1200x1194
>tfw kanye will never return to his old style
>tfw they're are still fags who think 808s, MBDTF, Yeezus, and TLOP are good albums
>tfw kanye thinks more of his image than his music
>FeelsBadMan.jpeg
>>
>Being wrong on the internet
>>
>>62564612
OP I hope you drown in molten lead :^)
>>
>>62564612
>808s, MBDTF, Yeezus, and TLOP are good albums
those albums (and LR) are all better than College Dropout and Graduation
>>
File: wojak.jpg (7 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
7 KB, 202x249
>>62564612
>Wake up Mr West

Idk why, but that line on Famous made me really sad, and I like his new stuff
>>
>>62564980
nostalgia
>>
>Kanye's Billboard top 40 albums are better than his auteur art pieces
Can this meme stop
>>
>>62564612
Most people here were like 6-7when CD dropped. It's why it's not appreciated here.
>>
>>62564612

I'm with you OP, I just don't get it.

probably an age thing like >>62565092
said.
>>
I feel like you may be letting nostalgia blind you from appreciating new 'Ye. I mean different doesn't necessarily mean bad. There are now new (but different) aspects to his music that are being appreciated, and that's just fine.
>>
>>62564612
>DUDE COLLEGE IS BAD LMAO
>simplistic drums
>bad features
>poor instrumentation throughout
>way too many skits
college dropout is kanye's 2nd worst, only better than graduation
>>
I miss the old Kanye
>>
>>62564612
Stop posting on 4chan, gramps and eat your meal!!
>>
>>62565297
cant wait for this meme to take over
>>
>>62565277
Where as the old Kanye focused more on his raps the new Yeezy is much more production based, and again that's not really a bad thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 1024x1365
>>62565277
>nostalgia
he clearly just started to listen to fucking kanye seeing as he doesnt realize about the fucking mountains of music he made similar to college dropout with consequence, common, jay-z, ect.

only new kanye fans want the old kanye back because they weren't there to experience it.
>>
>>62564612
Senpai MBDTF is at the absolute least an 8.5
>>
>>62565289
It's his second best. Every song is a 10/10, with the exception of Spaceship, Breathe In Breathe Out, Keep 'em High, and School Spirit.
>>
I liked the album. It was all over the place and silly at times but the production is great throughout. I wonder what his finished product will be. I really do think he's lost his shit though
>>
you kanye literally raps about you and has been for a while now right op
>>
>>62564612
College Dropout, Graduation, Late Registration and 808s are fucking shit.
>>
>>62565449
why do you say that
>>
If you're gonna nostalgiafag that hard then at least include Graduation. CD and LR are great but Graduation's one of his weakest, only "beaten" by Yeezus.
>>
>>62565449
>>>/v/
holy shit get this aspie out of here
>>
>>62565462
There's something about them that I don't like. I can't pin point exactly what it is. When I think of rap /hip-hop music from 2000 - ~2008 all I can think of is fucking shit, and Kanye is included.

>>62565471
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>62565508
>being this edgy
yep, autist confirmed. go back to /v/ you sperg and go bandwagon hop some contranian opinion
>>
>>62565368
>with the exception of Spaceship, Breathe In Breathe Out, Keep 'em High, and School Spirit.

Spaceship is 11/10 tbqh
Keep 'em High isnt bad
>>
>>62565508
time for bed kid
>>
All his albums have been influenced by his "image" though.
Turns out being in the limelight and having money changes people.
Doesn't help that his mom died either.
>>
>>62565532
How am I being at all edgy? Why do you keep telling me to go back to /v/? What the hell do stupid video games have anything to do with music?
>>
File: Wew Lad.png (202 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Wew Lad.png
202 KB, 1024x1024
>>62565508
lol you can't even give a reason as to why you don't like them. Get off my board aspie
>>
you fags are the worst, kanye would be so fucking boring if he just made college dropout part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for the rest of his career. why would you want an artist to stagnate?
>>
>>62565536
>Spaceship is 11/10 tbqh
It seems to be well liked here. I went through a phase where I thought it was the worst on there. That fucking crooning.
>>
>>62565556
If what Rhymefest said about him is true, then I hope Kanye just stops for a while.
>>
>>62565589
>listening to Rhymefest
you're as autistic as Chief Keef
>>
>>62565579
Niger he could make college dropouts and late registrations for the rest of his life and I'd never get bored. He's now made four experimental-ish albums and IMO he only really hit the mark with MBDTF, the other had just a few good ideas each.
>>
>>62565614
TLOP is better than CD and Graduation.
>>
>>62565579

Coincidentally this is what keeps me coming back to Kanye. I might not like the recent direction as much as the older but at least he tries something a little different each time. That said, TLOP was less different than usual. A lot of it felt like an amalgamation of his post-Graduation material with the occasional nod to the early stuff.
>>
>>62565637
I disagree. I mean maybe it's 2deep4me but it's sounds like an experiment that did not work.
>>
>>62565637

Graduation, yes. CD, nah.
>>
>>62565671
Then replace TLOP with MBDTF, which is also better than LR
>>
>>62565685
>bad drums
>bad features
>dated
>too long
and that's from somebody who likes it
>>
>>62565614
yeezus was great, mbdtf was great, every album he's mad has been at least good. what makes great artists great is ambition and the desire to do new things. miles davis wouldn't be great if he had just played bebop for the rest of his whole career

>>62565658
i agree on your TLOP point, i was a bit disappointed as well, i just wanted to tell the other guy how important experimentation is to an artists growth
>>
>tfw its dad rap

i cant bump this shit in the whip with my homies while fucking bitches and smoking blunts
>>
>>62564612
I know the feel man. I wish he went back to the old Kanye. I hate the new Kanye. I love the old Kanye. I want the old Kanye. Not the new Kanye.

Nice to finally see someone who prefers the Kanye before 808. No more parties in LA is the closest we'll get to the old Kanyte
>>
>>62564612
tlop is top 3 faggot
>>
>>62567800
Can you children please leave? It belongs behind old Kanye's work.
>>
>>62567820
you were 3 in 2k3 who the fuck you calling kid.
>>
>>62567876
>who the fuck you calling kid.

You obviously ya fucking twat. I hate all these "yeezy" dickriders these days.
>>
>>62567896
>dickriders
what a gay term
>>
God I fucking hate you people.
Late Registration is my favorite Kanye album but I didn't go around whining whenever he branched out or call the Kanye I liked the most the real Kanye.
Of course it helps that I love 808's and enjoy Yeezus and that this new project might tie LR for me, but still that doesn't mean you people who don't have to whine.
>>
>>62565324
But this is wrong.
>>
>>62568046

This .

I don't like all the tracks on this album , but it's cool to see an artist try something else in his career and take risks .

because when you don't it's the end , when you see 50 cent , Rihanna or these artists they are dead . They didn't change their style , or just a bit and bam they are no one anymore
>>
>>62564612
motherfucking gay fish
>>
Last Kanye's album is about his suicide, he's gonna kill himself soon.
>>
>>62568127
Can't wait so then I can just remember old Kanye
>>
>>62568092
>50 Cent
grrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>62568092

Fiddy to Kanye is like Donald Trump to Marlo from Baltimore.
>>
Dark Fantasy > We Don't Care > Wake Up Mr West > On Sight > Ultralight Beam > Welcome to Heartbreak > Good Morning

Intro Rankings
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.