[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's some good music to play in the car with some musical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: Merriweather Post Pavilion.jpg (533 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Merriweather Post Pavilion.jpg
533 KB, 1500x1500
what's some good music to play in the car with some musical plebs that won't weird them out like the pic related
>also, pic related
>>
>>62512362
You mean pic not related of course?
>>
this meme of "mu-core is just too WEIRD for most people, i am an exception" needs to fucking die
>>
>>62512362
I thought pic related too. I was wrong.

>what is this shit anon it doesn't even have a good beat
>>
Guided by Voices, maybe
>>
File: folder.jpg (118 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
118 KB, 800x800
Define "good music"
>>
>>62512362
Play dadrock or some other popular genre you don't find too obnoxious to listen to.
>>
ok I think I should clarify that I meant mpp DOESN'T weird out normies
>>
File: Capture.jpg (168 KB, 1372x614) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
168 KB, 1372x614
stuff like this
>>
File: 1455415106669.jpg (23 KB, 592x444) Image search: [Google]
1455415106669.jpg
23 KB, 592x444
>>62512648
>>
>>62512648
that's not what I meant

I think I should retry making this thread some other time
>>
>>62512478
The ego and machoism that goes along with that statement is what needs to die.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
>Pic related, also anything by led zeppelin
>>
>>62512753
i know what you meant
but MPP will weird out real musical plebs

i could name some stuff that plebs SHOULD be able to handle, like, say, Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest
but anything i could think of like that, i've already had bad experiences with. i had to shut that one off.
the thing with musical plebs is they only want to hear stuff they've already heard 1000x on the radio. if it's not already deep in their subconscious, they think it sucks
>>
>>62512362
>play brother sport in the car with my sister
>"anon their voices are giving me a headache, and why is the same siren repeating over and over"
>later on out of curiosity play some panda bear
>she still has a headache
>mfw after testing i realize my sister can't listen to anything with reverb, especially vocal harmonies
this is what happens when you only listen to imagine dragons and pentatonix
>>
File: EE_Arc_Cover.jpg (90 KB, 926x923) Image search: [Google]
EE_Arc_Cover.jpg
90 KB, 926x923
I guess pretty much anything by Everything Everything would pull that trick pretty well.
>>
>>62512570
music that is good
>>
>>62512481
I played it for a girl once, and said I want to marry a girl who likes it. She then said she liked it. She doesn't talk to me anymore.

R8 my blog friends.
>>
File: vhs-palmsbigger.jpg (142 KB, 700x404) Image search: [Google]
vhs-palmsbigger.jpg
142 KB, 700x404
Honestly, in my experience, even if it's good, solid, normie-friendly pop music, your friends probably aren't going to enjoy listening to it, they'll just tolerate it. New music takes a while to get into, it's rare to know if you enjoy a song on the first try, and being aware of the pressure from the person that put it on to approve of it and get into it just makes it an even more uncomfortable experience - especially if they're the "plebs" and you're the guy everyone knows to be discerning/elitist about music, probably condescending about their "pleb" taste, etc.

Music is a big ego thing - the music people really want to listen to is the music they already know and came to appreciate themselves - that's why the "pass the aux bro" thing is a meme in the first place - y'all know you're just grinning and baring your friends' choices til you get the chance to blow them away with your awsum taste.

What I did was put together a massive playlist of all the pop songs people of our generation grew up hearing on the radio. Even if it's music they don't actively seek out in the present, or music they didn't especially enjoy when it was current, is kind of dated, etc. childhood nostaglia is a very powerful thing, and it's a guaranteed crowd pleaser, if it's a little goofy. It's lead to much more enjoyable car trips than "bro, have you heard Death Grips??? they're fuckin insane" type shit ever did.
>>
>>62513531
Christian?
>>
>>62513625
this guy gets it
>>
>>62513669
Are you asking if that's my name?
Because it's not
>>
>>62513724
i see. felt like i could've read this on gotitforcheap.tumblr.com
>>
>>62513625
one of the better posts i've seen on /mu/ in recent memory

personally though I could never put on childhood 'hit classics' for my own sake
>>
File: jkfgh.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
jkfgh.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>
>>62513531
5.5/10

shows potential but ultimately fails in it's execution
>>
>>62513932
If I made it longer would it receive a higher rating? I was trying to keep it short and sweet to increase my readership.
>>
>>62512478
it isnt a fucking meme dummy
people who listen to only top 40 are weirded out by anco, even though theyre not a particularly weird band
>>
>>62512613
That definitely depends on how you define normie. I went to college with mostly rich preppy types which is generally who I think of when I hear normie. I've played MPP a few times for several of these people, and most of them absolutely were weirded out by it.

If all you listen to is top 40 then even MPP will sound totally weird to you.
>>
>>62512947
ok this album is so good

>proves im not a robot
>select all images with cars
>>
>>62512362
https://soundcloud.com/user-916033402-713111775/sets/kamye-east-romantic-landscpaes
>>
>>62514105
> people that arent into music dont like stuff that is slightly, ever so slightly treading into 'muh experimental' territory

wew lad

>>62512912
lel
>>
>>62514776
>> people that arent into music dont like stuff that is slightly, ever so slightly treading into 'muh experimental' territory
they really dont. like >>62514216 said, top 40 types are weirded out by anything that isnt straightforward electropop or pop rap. i am not claiming that anco (well, latter day anco) is experimental. i am saying that the average person who has only listened to radio their entire life is going to find them strange.
>>
>>62516460
> not understanding greentext

how new?
>>
>>62516460
this is the most reddit post ive ever read. animal collective is "im not like the other girls" tier in the modern age. the only reason you havent realized this through balatant comparisons is because theyre so godamn unengaging and un-attention grabbing that theyre mostly irrelevant in pop culture. its stuff white people listen to to make them think theyre "weird'

the way you adress the "average person" made me fucking cringe desu

>inb4 fedora

yes, reddit has caught up with that meme alright
>>
>>62516513
you literally implied that i was acting as if they were weird or experimental
>>62516677
i dont even like them
>>
>>62513151
Play her some Beach Boys hits and watch her head explode
>>
>>62513151
panda bear and anco is literally imagine dragons for "im so weird lol" types
>>
>>62512478
Do you talk to people IRL? You seriously underestimate how musically retarded most people are
>>
>>62518168
Wow haha except they're nothing alike
>>
>>62518209
fucking this.

>le you's not specialz meme
Retards actually believe anyone who makes a comment about plebs thinks they're special or some shit
>>
>>62512362
just play some of The Strokes
either of their first 2 albums
well-liked and easily accessible
>>
AnCo is not accessible to normies, even if it's pop music at its core...

Idk how it's so hard to find music that is good as well as accessible to people. You guys listen to a lot of music; you should know what people will turn their nose up at if they don't listen to a lot of shit.

Play some Gorillaz. Or LCD Soundsystem. Hell, play The Shins if you have a cute indie girl in your car that would be into that shit. It's all about knowing your audience and not trying to impress them with something they may or may not understand.
>>
>>62513893
THIS
>dem dancy rhythms
what could go wrong? :^)
>>
>>62512478
says the guy who doesn't have normal friends.
Or friends.

Trust me, finding anyone on the same page as /mu/core is rather rare.
>>
>>62513625
>all the pop songs people of our generation grew up hearing on the radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_RdaqF5kUQ
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 280x280
Works every time
>>
>>62519191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqU1pFRqYE
>>
>>62518876
>The Shins
>Good
I've yet to read a convincing argument for why the Shins should ever be considered good and I'd love to see one
>>
>>62519326
Yeah, the shins are just another bland indie outfit from the 2000s that p4k hyped up and really broke no new ground.
>>
>>62519357
Wait fug I thought he said the Shaggs.
I also don't like the shins so never mind to the first nevermind
Would like to hear arguments for both though
>>
File: 1350952756373.jpg (108 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1350952756373.jpg
108 KB, 409x409
>>62513085
>the thing with musical plebs is they only want to hear stuff they've already heard 1000x on the radio. if it's not already deep in their subconscious, they think it sucks

It's annoying how that's true
>>
>>62512947
I don't know what type of plebs yore around but the type of plebs I'm around find even led Zeppelin inaccessible
>>
if someone criticized the music i'm playing in my car i would ignore what they're saying, js. why should you care really?
>>
>>62518703
good suggestion, i agree
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_bIbYli98w
>>
>>62518703
This guy knows.

>>62519326
>>62519357
The Shins are accessible indie music. Sure, they didn't break any new ground really, but the dude has a good voice and they write some varied and catchy melodies. Music breaking new ground is where you're going to find people not enjoying what you play; people don't like change. I bet you guys don't like Arctic Monkeys either. They're another great example
>>
>>62520571
>Arctic Monkeys
the general consensus on /mu/ is that they fell off hard after Your Favorite Nightmare, but their first two albums are legit
>>
>>62520673
I'd agree with that. AM is pretty good too but is a little too poppy for my taste.
>>
Beach House is a pretty decent pleb pleaser.
>>
>>62520673
They seem to be much better at writing pop songs recently though.
>>
>>62512362
MF Doom
Radiohead
Brand New
Gorillaz
The Offspring
Any Britpop
Any Shoegaze
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.