[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a forum that talks about music that doesn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
Is there a forum that talks about music that doesn't have such fucking painfully entry level taste as /mu/? Forums like rym fucking suck for talking about music and I never use reddit because I hate that website. Other forums are less general and more genre specific and I tend to want to avoid that. I don't know what to do because I fucking despise the entry level taste of the people here, I want to be in a community that's more serious about music.
>>
brb, page 10
>>
Forumnerds.nl....however, it is in Dutch...
But exactly what you are looking for
>>
You poor man, you're just too good at listening to music for the rest of us!
>>
>>62424335
what the fuck is this website? this doesn't look like what I'm looking for lol.
>>
>>62424351
No, anyone can listen to music. I just care more and I take more time to seriously delve into finding new music. It's not like it's an accomplishment or something, I don't hold myself to some intellectual standard. I told someone the other day that I hardly give a shit about anything in life besides making interesting sociological and philosophical discoveries about life and appreciating art albeit visual or music. That's literally how simple of a person I am, you can't come at me with that sort of hate bro. This is the internet and we're all anonymous, why would you do that anyways? You don't know me.
>>
You want a forum that's both general and not entry level? Good luck with that senpai. /mu/ and RYM are actually both pretty good if you stick to noise and metal generals where the users with actual taste post
>>
>>62424382
Bro I love noise and metal but when I go into the metal threads people definitely don't have very good taste in metal. No one really posts anything good except every once and a while. Besides, those threads aren't even for discovering new music, so I can't really enjoy using them. Even someone in a noise thread admitted that it's just a place to talk about the music and not really discover new stuff. So it's useless to me.
>>
>>62424382
>metal and noise
>taste
Pick one desu
>>
>>62424396
I've definitely found those threads useful for recs but I use lists and charts for finding new stuff mostly
>>
>>62424322
>not being able to discuss music with others because you arbitrarily define their taste as "entry-level" (note: this phrase has no meaning anymore)

my hand was trembling while typing this because i wanted to backhand you so much
>>
>>62424396
the noise general has its ups and downs(been in the "down" phase for a while now though, i'm sorry to say), due to the unfortunately quick turnover rate of the regular posters
just when it seems like a solid crowd with its shit togethere is sticking around it for good, people start leaving and a bunch of shitposters, bandcamp spammers and typical /mu/ meme peasants fill the void until the next phase when it gets decent again and on and on into infinity
it's the way things gotta be, i suppose

the metal general is utter shit though, always been that way
i've had better discussions about metal in /noise/ than i've ever had in /metal/
the NBBMN threads are good fun though
>>
>>62424374
excuse me
*clears throat*
it has come to my attention
*adjusts gaming XL shirt*
that some people on my meme board
*pushes glasses up with cheeto stained fingers*
unironically believe in God
*sneers quite antisemitically (le based /pol/!)*
and I am here to say
*tolerates islam*
that God
*upvotes Bernie Sanders post on reddit*
Does not exist
*removes fedora from hat rack*
And that I am smarter than every person who has ever believed in anything other than materialism
*Teleports behind you*
As you can see by my "Science rules!" pin on my shirt
*Drops out of STEM course two months in*
Now you'll see the true power of Marxism!
*burns philosophy book while whistling some song used in a Tarantino flick*
Heheheh......
*removes twin katanas*
DAIKO GAIJIN YAIIII!
*decapitates everyone in room*
Nothin personnel...
*disproves fallacy*
Thank Dawkins I didn't get here any later....
*walks through bloody carnage with trench coat on as Linkin Park plays*
But for me, it was Tuesday....
*gives final respectful whiteknight tip to a nearby proud feminist as I get into my mom's sedan and drive off*
>>
>>62424374
You used 'albeit' incorrectly.
>>
>>62424382
/metal/ is garbage, although /nbbmn/ is usually quite fun
>>
>>62424572
I noticed that, I don't really care.
>>
>>62424374
Oh god please tell me you're not serious. This kind of pseudo intellectualism is really really fucking stupid.
>>
>>62424630
that's just because you're mad about being an inferior lifeform
>>
File: 1438718897896.png (297 KB, 764x1058) Image search: [Google]
1438718897896.png
297 KB, 764x1058
>>62424644
>>
https://breeding.zone/
>>
>>62424630
Dude, what the fuck do you care? I'm just a piece of garbage inhabiting a retarded world. I hate it here, I'm happy to be whatever millennial pseudo intellectual garbage you hate. I don't have to base what I believe around being the antithesis of some fucking stereotype that a bunch of losers like you on the internet come up with for me. I'll tell you what though, morality is just a social construct, religions have come and gone throughout the millenniums, they all are just methods for explaining explainable phenomena and trying to compensate for their fears and misunderstandings and give life some meaning. I'm sorry you had to hear it like this, it must bother you to such a deep degree if you have to come up with some sort of elaborate straw man for this sort of person. I'll say it again, I don't really give a fuck about anything and I haven't given that much of a fuck about anything except personal discovery and art since I was in very early high school. I remember walking through the halls and just leaning against the wall, too dejected to really care to carry my own weight because of the sense of absolute pointlessness that was over taking me. That is why understanding and discovery are so important to me, because the generic conveyor belt world that people are force fed gave me an allergic reaction. Oh I'm sorry, is this post too edgy for you? I'm sure you can post some sort of meme, you won't actually try to figure out what I'm talking about you dumb fucking primate.
>>
>>62424322
lmao
>>
>>62424684
that's interesting
check this out though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKcPVDiI0SA
>>
File: 1428568135805.gif (398 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1428568135805.gif
398 KB, 480x238
>>62424684
>>
You're probably not going to get anywhere near the level of engagement online as you will in a "real life" community.
>>
>>62424724
leather is creepy. I like cute sissy stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x497
>>62424382
>metal
>good taste
>>
>>62424736
but everyone but me is stupid, how do I get to have an "real life" community with retards such as yourself, I would only end getting angry and probably beating up everyone's ass very bad
>>
>>62424766
fuck you. stop pretending to be me. your jealousy is too cringe worthy.
>>
>>62424684
New copypasta?
>>
>>62424782
stop samefagging
>>
File: 1450913480970.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
1450913480970.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>62424684
You're either too young to post in this board, or you are a special case of never growing up. It's really easy to see the general public has a really shallow idea of most things, but surprise surprise, so do you. Just because you know about a particular thing and you're better than almost everyone at it doesn't mean you are better than anyone. There are songs for teen that talk about that, like the one that goes "Am I the only motherfucker with a brain" from Slipknot.
Just relax. You don't prove you are anything with words, just with actions, go on become something, don't just say you are, because there's no reason to believe you right now, for everyone here, you're just another insignificant person and you won't be anything else by saying you're better.
>>
>>62424865
Isn't that the point though dude? everything is insignificant. I'm not trying to say that I know better than everyone, I'm saying that I'm just a simple person who is unhappy with the world. I'm not saying that my knowledge makes me happy, in fact it actually does kind of the opposite. Like I said, it leaves me feeling pretty depressed a lot, because I don't have answers to the problems around me. Do you know what nihilism is? That's what I feel on a constant basis and have been feeling for a very very very vbery veurgveudrfngmsdfxg long time. It doesn't make me happy in any way and in fact this whole discussion, the way it's going right now, actually makes me a bit more exhausted. The reason I'm going on with it right now is because it's early in the day and I have not yet made myself so exhausted that I just have to try to zone out and focus on stupid shit.
>>
>>62424865
Why are you guys so pissed off about me being more intelligent than you stupid turds? It's not like I chose this, it is really annoying to live in this retarded world for me, knowing that no one has, nor will ever come close enough to my level to be able to engage just a basic casual intellectual conversation with me. What I am looking for is not some mentally challenged anonymous butthurt...
>>
this is a metaldiscussor thread, innit? go to bed, mate

>>62424865
>You're either too young to post in this board, or you are a special case of never growing up

this guy has been making some really mind-boggling shit threads and posts /mu/ for years and i still can't figure out what his deal is, if he's genuinely mentally underdeveloped in some way, if he's got some psychological disorders, if he's just really devoted to his very particular gimmick or whatever

he's a true original, whatever the case may be
>>
>>62424904
lmao oh man, this reminds me why I love using this board. That's absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>62424679
>43k members
Jesus Christ, what the fuck. I thought the poz shit was just a meme.
>>
>>62424938
You're only laughing at your own problems, son...
>>
>>62424930
Dude, this is 4chan. You don't have to worry about what you say. I can say whatever I want here, I don't have to conform to some standard, even if that's what everyone here seems to want from me. I find it somewhat hilarious to try to talk to people here, I guess that's what keeps me coming back. It's just a way that I can talk to people and express myself. I'd appreciate if you didn't keep referring to me by my last.fm though, because I'd like it if I didn't feel like I was being stalked. Nothing against you man, I'd just appreciate that as a personal favor, because it's kind of weird. Thank you. If you wanna refer to me as metaldiscussor, please talk about my awesome taste in music or do so in a flattering way for once (I'm being facetious but still).
>>
>>62424322
What do you currently listen to OP?
Not all threads are shitpost but you're more than welcome to go to reddit if you're too good for us here...
>>
>>62424983
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor
>>
>>62424899
>Do you know what nihilism is?
Like what the hell is your problem? You sound a lot like a 16 year old who stopped believing in God and read some wikipedia articles, and it's trying to use his newfound knowledge as a leverage for all his social and mental problems. You have some sort of issue, and you need to sort it out. We're in a site mostly for people like that, but at least most people here pretend to not be autistic. If you wanna be normal, fake it till you make it.
>>
>>62424335
Forumnerds.nl has basic ass taste anon
>>
>>62425001
I have some sort of issue because I don't believe in god? Explain this to me, person who doesn't know me, and basis what they think off of brief 4chan posts that I've written. Whether or not I believe in god is irrelevant to be honest, we're just fucking around here. I don't have anything against you, I'm sorry if this has turned into some sort of fight or if it's going that way. I just wanna chill..
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 235x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 235x231
op need to got kushed af
>>
>>62424988
nice dubbs.
It looks like your pretty open to other genre's beside metal... That's good.
Do you only listen to meme rap?
Is Damaged the only hard core album you like?
I don't know how long you have been lurking here but believe it or not I have found a lot of music here that I wouldn't have anywhere else. There's a lot of metal archive sites and blogspots. That's a great way to find out about shit too
>>
>>62425018
Either you have the reading comprehension of a 12 year old or you're intentionally trying to derail this but you're right. Let's start backpedaling all the way.
>>
>>62425053
Nah i like a lot of hard core albums to be honest. My favorite stuff is generally crust punk and noise rock punk like no trend, flipper, total abuse stuff like that. I like some of that old school hardcore. I have been looking through this website for quite a while. I think the issue I generally have with it is it is a lot of people who are new to music mixed in with some people who know a lot about music. I'm just being picky I guess. To be honest I only made this thread on a whim because i saw this one thread someone made who didn't know what the angelic process was and wanted "more albums like this" as if the angelic process was just one of any other bands remotely similar.
>>
>>62424322
Op I just think you need to set your ego aside and actually listen to some of the albums you see here.
instead of instantly judging them because someone you might not like listens to them.
>>
>>62424322
Just go here, anon. People like Simon Reynolds post here.

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/NewAnswersControllerServlet?boardid=41
>>
>>62424988
We have simmilar music taste but your sense of superiority would make you insufferable.
>>
>>62425132
It's not a matter of that man. I haven't been intentionally trying to convey the message that I am superior. I actually really hate arrogant big ego'd people, so I'm sorry if I came off that way. the only reason I was making some sort of complaint about the website, is because I just don't feel like I really discover new interesting stuff like I used to anymore. This website has been pretty good to me, it's provided me with a lot of new music and laughs. This is a pretty cool place and I don't begrudge the people here.
>>
File: green eyes.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
green eyes.gif
2 MB, 335x237
>>62424374
>>
>>62424988
>Your compatibility with metaldiscussor is Super.
Stop liking what I like
>>
>>62425088
You're going to fucking laugh but that was actually me that started that thread. Is that such a bad thing that I didn't know the band before? I was raised by a dad who only listened too Hardcore shit. I remember being really young [13ish] and telling him about rancid and him calling it faggish. It's funny when I think about it now. But you're kind of doing the same thing. I could easily tell you Flipper is one of the gayest most entry level punk band's out there and I'm glad people like my dad would throw bottles at them when they played at the Mabuhay in SF. But I don't because music is subjective. Don't be so judgemental because I guarantee you I know a lot more about certain genres or music and such. Instead of acting like an egotistical child, next time just ask friend.
>>
>>62424865

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to - I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body! And why? Because my creators thought that God wanted it that way!
>>
>>62425165
you're fine dude just like maybe condense a little. if its cool Ill give you an add, I havent had last.fm for very long.
>>
>>62425217
Yeah, sorry for being such an asshole lately. I have just been pissed off because of some stuff that happened at my job recently. It's been leaving me pretty upset and it makes me feel like everyone around me is my enemy. Especially when it's just a bunch of people who I can't even see, it's really easy to naively imagine everyone around me as my enemy. I've been trying to think about that lately, how the people here are pretty much anonymous and I can't even see they besides the words they type and stuff. I have been a yes-man lately, trying to take every opportunity I can to do something away from the computer. Unfortunately making friends has always been difficult for me, because I always want something different and deeper than friendship and I feel like everyone I talk to makes me feel anxiety of some sort. So, it's not you, I realize that I tend to say a lot of stuff without really trying to consider the feelings of others. I wish that I was a more sensitive person, I am a very strongly feeling person though.
>>
>>62424988
>your compatibility with Metaldiscussor is: Super
I still think you're a huge fag but I'm gonna check some of these artists out.
Listen, a lot of people have problems with this board. If I see one more thread about Grimes or Chvrches I'm going to kill someone, but you have to find the fun here and find some actual topics that you like. I think the only person keeping you from liking this board is yourself. And bullshit RYM is much better than /mu/ for discussing non meme music.
>>
File: Xtcsl2.jpg (66 KB, 393x400) Image search: [Google]
Xtcsl2.jpg
66 KB, 393x400
>>62424322

What's your opinion of this, OP
>>
>>62425273
I dunno, I never really listened to new wave.
>>
>>62425254
<3
>>
>>62424988
Oh hey ~EveryoneDies. Have you tried the Special Interests magazine forum?
>>
>>62425315
I think I made a thread on that forum asking if anyone knew marco corbelli in person who could tell me something about his personality. That looks like an interesting forum, I do like the sort of crown that industrial music attracts. I could try to start an account there.
>>
File: insult_1408548287706.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
insult_1408548287706.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
Is /mu/ the most autistic board on 4chan?
>>
>>62424762
You're*
>>
>>62425254
Yo I like your taste. Everyone who's a fan of The Holy Bible is my friend.
>>
File: tumblr_nnoxbsWnmw1sg1ksjo1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnoxbsWnmw1sg1ksjo1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x371
>>62425383
>>
>>62425352
Not even close, it is however the most underage board after /b/
>>
>>62424684
Do you have RYM? I bet you have a very interesting taste and would love to check some new stuff.
>>
>>62425806
I haven't rated that much stuff on rym
here's my last.fm and rym.
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor
https://rateyourmusic.com/user/~everyonedies
sorry if that's not a proper rym link. the website server is fucking up and I can't accurately copy the link.
>>
>>62425952
https://rateyourmusic.com/~EveryoneDies
>>
>>62425719
I can back this up, I came here after /b/ when i was 13
>>
>>62424988
can i add u even tho i dont wanna socialize on last.fm? i see u around often and u have an interesting taste
>>
>>62426077
there's no adding on last.fm any more. you're free to follow anyone you want.
>>
>>62426139
oh right yeah, the modern age
>>
>>62424374
>I'm not better than anyone or any more intelligent than the average person, but let me tell you how much better and smarter I am than the average person
>>
>>62425107
Nobody does this
>>
>>62425952
Darn, you hate Sunbather.

For such an elitist I expected much better taste. You can do better, anon. Keep hating life.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.