[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys do besides listening to music and going on /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: rare_pepe.png (94 KB, 596x595) Image search: [Google]
rare_pepe.png
94 KB, 596x595
What do you guys do besides listening to music and going on /mu/? I urgently need some new hobbies, other websites to visit or whatever.
>>
films
museums/galleries
reading
painting/art

I'm pretty bad at having multiple hobbies though, I always seem to only be able to commit my free time to one thing at once
>>
>>62418932
working
reading
working out
playing music
>>
chess
reading books

Playing casual chess with music is nearly perfect, only downside is fucking up a lot tends to make it harder to enjoy the music.
>>
>>62418932
watchin some anime
doing digital art of some kind
napping
watchin movies
>>
Aside from listening to music, I play music and drink. I'm a well-rounded person.
>>
>>62418987
Isn't it better to have just one hobby? At least, if it's something active where you're improving yourself. Better to be a master of just one thing rather than being mediocre at many things, right?
>>
vidya
>>
I play on this bullshit app called Figure. It helps me pretend i'm a musician even tho im a total fucking loser
>>
>>62418932
Go to museums
Work out
Model
Write for fashion mags
Organize underground concerts
Play vidya
Photography
Dog walk
Hike
Go birding
Chill with friends
Deal with alcoholism
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453751291481.jpg (14 KB, 448x272) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453751291481.jpg
14 KB, 448x272
Come browse /p/, we aren't that popular and photography is pretty interesting.
>>
>>62418932
I watch Red Letter Media videos, remodel my room, and collect records. I'm also a salesman.
>>
>>62419097
only for others, not necessarily for yourself. you're probably more helpful as a master than a jack of all trades, but i don't think most people could bring up this level of devotion
>>
watch youtube vids, play vidya (mostly while listening to music), make music, read shit and draw
>>
School/work
Running
Books
Alcohol
>>
>>62418932
smoke weed
>>
longboarding
reading
coding
vidya
dicking around with synths
gonna get back into stained glass when I have a stable source of decent income again
>>
play drums
go on twitter
youtube
and if its not hot out i try to be as cozy as i can bu getting fav food, wear comf clothing, and waatch fav movies/tv shows
>>
>>62418932
>>62418932
just read u moran. that is all you need in this world
>>
Fashion
Literature
Anime
>>
Read
Draw
Watch Tv
Play guitar
Wank
Fence
Sleep (I need to get back to my dream journal)
>>
File: 1454949326651.png (17 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454949326651.png
17 KB, 557x605
I play first person open world games with the in-game music muted and the sound either lowered or muted altogether.

And then I just walkaround and look at the environment and npcs

This way I can focus on the music without anything too distracting, while keeping myself busy and entertained as I listen.

>why not just go outside

Too noisy, can't turn down irl volume.
>>
Exercise. I'm recently getting back into it. Thankfully my friends suddenly gained an interest in running and biking, so that's good.

I also play guitar and watch movies and tv shows.
>>
>>62418932
play ping pong with wall
study
browsing /po
reading stuff
>>
Mess around with my car
or bike
or just drive around
draw
paint
photography
flying
swimming
>>
>>62418987
>museums/galleries

You can afford that?
>>
>>62419063
Drinking is the #1 hobby.

You seem pretty cool.

>>62419151
post pix
>>
>>62424672
Maybe it's free

or just cheap
>>
Video games
>>
lifting weights
stalking my ex-gfs and potential new gfs on instagram/fb
playing soccer with some frends
browsing 4chan while im at work (easy money)
literature
pretending to be a sjw at Art shows
>>
>>62424687
So they're not very good, then.

Also
>all these people with friends

Also: I've tried many 'hobbies' but few things are pleasurable, and nothing is nearly as pleasurable as discovering and listening to music. Don't let others shame you into feeling like you have to have a variety of acceptable hobbies or interests, op. Do what gives you pleasure (for me, drugs and music).
>>
>music
>hobby

pick one
>>
>>62422622
GTA V is really good for that. Just drive or fly around with no music in the country. Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>62418932

I play vidya, read, work out, watch movies and abuse copious amounts of drugs in my free time. Still can't help but feel as if I need to do something more, though.

Psychedelics inspired me to strive to create art of some sort (drawings, music, etc.), but I still can't seem to find the proper motivation to really master drawing or some kind of instrument. I tend to be a perfectionist with things like that (drawing, especially), so when I fuck up, I just toss it aside and hope I can do better next time, without really learning much in the process.

H-hold me, /mu/. ;_;
>>
>>62419063
oh wow man I'm just desperate to suck your dick

>>62419159
good idea thanks
>>
I model. One day I will be a Suicide Girl.
>>
Playing guitar and didgeridoo
Playing Smash Bros
Reading shit
>>
>play classical guitar
>teach classical guitar
>perform stand up comedy
>write jokes
>work out
>read
>>
>>62418932
Books and film
Half price books is really cheap
I believe Hulu offers the entire criterion collection which would get you started with film.
>>
>>62425854
Also the more knowledge you have in literature and film you will notice and appreciate stuff like references/allusions in music.
>>
>>62419026
Seconding chess
>>
>play guitar occasionally
>painting (mostly oil)
>longboard through canyons
>meditate in free group sessions

life's wonderful OP, go exploring
>>
>>62425147
Pics plox
>>
Attend country music fairs
>>
>>62418932
Chaturbate, Twitter, Dopelives, Windows 10 Free games from the windows store, emulators and roms/disc images (lots to collect and enjoy all kinds of computers and consoles), cheap books on Kindle or you could just download ebooks or audiobooks from Usenet or Soulseek, collect cool toys and figures, online horse racing betting and then watching the results on tv or online, factual books about music/bands/movements/best ofs, have a couple of whiskeys (dont make this a big habit though), buy japanese food (or learn to cook cool shit its not as hard as you think), collect and watch tv shows/films/music concerts/musicals/music videos/youtube stuff...fuck, collect occult books from soulseek, get books about myths, legends, strange shit that's happened...
>>
>>62425000
Keep reminders around to practice at least 30 minutes a day. In my experience learning guitar i usually end up having a lot of fun and end up playing longer. Some days I don't play but I feel a lot better after practicing.
>>
I cook, read fantasy novels, watch anime, build/collect gunpla and play tcgs/wargames
>>
>Last.fm and RYM (of course)
>Watching films, going on IMDB
>Facebook and WPP
>Talking shit on Twitter for myself (sometimes I'll get one or two retweets/favorites but that's it)
>Watching soccer

That's pretty much it.
>>
Running
Vidya Gaems, mostly Grand Strategy because autism
Magic the Gathering
Tabletop Roleplaying games
>>
>>62424716
there's a pretty great museum downtown that's free for students during the week
just flash your school i.d. and you can hang around for hours, it's fantastic
i imagine a lot of places have options like that
>>
File: Math Clip Art.jpg (124 KB, 475x335) Image search: [Google]
Math Clip Art.jpg
124 KB, 475x335
I'm not even good at math but yeah
>>
Do homework because I'm a busy Math major
Run a club
Work x2
Smoke weed
>>
File: 1448931126864.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448931126864.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1200
Aquaria
Horticulture
Pokemon
Family
Cuddling with qt gf
>>
>>62418932
Try coding. If you end up getting any good at it, it could be a productive hobby
>>
>>62418932
I watch Anime

I rice my Android device

I rice Linux
>>
File: 1448153813525.jpg (10 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
1448153813525.jpg
10 KB, 200x219
>>62427194
>>
drink
>>
>>62424716

Yeah man, the Broad museum in LA is free therefore it sucks. Totally.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 542x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 542x800
>>62418932
Tennis
Scrabble
Poker tournaments and video poker
Documentaries
Anime
My Little Pony (I like the show, no judge)
Speeches over physics and psychology
>>
>>62427552
Damn nigga that shit is impossible to get into.
Why do you think it sucked?
>>
Video games, making music, possibly going to jail bc my baby momma claimed I beat her when I didn't, the usual
>>
Contemplate suicide
>>
Martial arts is my other hobby.
Not worth pursuing it if you can't find a good school though.
>>
>>62418932
>/gd/
>/v/
>/lit/
:^)
>>
Making my own music
Vidya games
Cycling
Cooking
Skiing
Masturbation
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Lots of good stuff ITT, chess, reading and vidya are all great
>>
>>62418932
Vydia gaems
Reading
Drawing/Painting
Watching series and movies
>>
>>62425147
Are you the girl that likes Sublime or am I thinking of someone else?
>>
>>62428343
I wish I lived somewhere with decent skiing
the only places near me are small hill resorts with artificial snow, need to make a trip to colorado sometime
>>
Hockey
Snowboarding
Play bass guitar
Hiking
TV and Movies
Sometimes vidya
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.