[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I've been really digging Jason Aldeen's Old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 300x300.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
Hey /mu/, I've been really digging Jason Aldeen's Old Boots New Dirt and I was wondering where I should go next with him. I was thinking listening to his discography chronologically so I can see his artistic progression. Thoughts?
>>
Self Titled>OBND>Wide Open>Relentless>MKP>Night Train
>>
>>61998834
Helps early stuff is far better than old boots new meme. Much more creativity and self expression in his guitar playing as well as his singing. The lyrics aren't as deep, but they have that rawer sound that kind of show you where he's been and what he's done. Not hating on old boots new diet I just get tired of seeing it all the time when his older work is actually so good.
>>
>>61998920
>old boots new meme.
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>61998949
The "old boots" represent Jason's roots and "new meme" represents that he, as an artist, is moving into new ground and therefore new memes.
>>
>>61999004
fuck you for making my comment into a meme stfu asswipe

>>61998949
i meant that it gets posted so much its practically a meme. he really is a revolutionary artist in every way, and his new album seems to be the only one that gets any credit.
>>
>>61999034
Can you elaborate a bit on how you think he's revolutionary. I've always kind of seen him as a by the numbers country guy who just happens to be really damn good
>>
>>61999034
You're jealous of my shitposting abilities
>>
File: aldean.jpg (2 MB, 2100x3150) Image search: [Google]
aldean.jpg
2 MB, 2100x3150
this nigga nice
>>
>>61999063
honestly i coould go on for days. but really the way he takes so many genres and manages to blend them all all while conveying his stories, not only lyrically, but musically as well. idk, the music really speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdImDqbgc2g
>>
>>61999099
nice digits
>>
Relentless is his best imo

Relentless infuses healthy amounts of rock with the Nashville sound. The guitar on songs like "Johnny Cash" and "Do You wish it Was Me" is not your typical Nashville twang.

Aldean sings with a strong, even voice and his band backs him solidly. Relentless is his groundbreaking album. It's a solid album featuring a lot of songs people can easily identify with
>>
This meme was never funny
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.