[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite Swans albums and the reason why you love it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: COG.jpg (232 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
COG.jpg
232 KB, 600x600
Post your favorite Swans albums and the reason why you love it.
>>
File: to be kind.jpg (25 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
to be kind.jpg
25 KB, 658x658
>>61990404
It's overwhelming but in a good way. Takes my brain to crazy places.
>>
>>61990463
this
>>
>>61990463
Agreed.
>>
File: 41T55EB4EDL.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41T55EB4EDL.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>61990404
It feels big but dispersive, it's various but cohesive, it's just some big epic through a sonic world.
>>
File: folder.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1000
>>61990404

it's EXCRUCIATING and makes me actually FEEL something out of it
>>
>>61990664
This. You would think it's an intimidating listen, but it really isn't. There are so many sounds demonstrated but doesn't come off as gimmicky at all. SFTB is the all encompassing album of Swans.
>>
> The Great Annihilator

It's apocalyptic, reverb-drenched post-punk. I can dig it. On top of that, Mind/Body/Light/Sound and Mother/Father are my favorite Gira and Jarboe tracks respectively, in addition to other generally outstanding tracks like She Lives, Alcohol the Seed, Killing For Company, and Telepathy.
>>
>>61990699
Before listening it I thought that it would be too big, but it feels so complete and satisfactory.
>>
File: 333.jpg (37 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
37 KB, 332x332
Soundtracks is my favourite because of how all-encompassing it feels. Sometimes it's uplifting, sometimes it's depressing, sometimes it's sexual, sometimes it's beautiful, sometimes it's scary, sometimes it's intense.. It's got pretty much everything that I could ever want from a piece of music, all strung together in a way that's so chaotic and insane that it comes full circle and somehow fits together perfectly.
Soundtracks is my favourite because of how all-encompassing it feels. Sometimes it's uplifting, sometimes it's depressing, sometimes it's sexual, sometimes it's beautiful, sometimes it's scary, sometimes it's intense.. It's got pretty much everything that I could ever want from a piece of music, all strung together in a way that's so chaotic and insane that it comes full circle and somehow fits together perfectly.

also OP surely you should start?
assuming CoG is your favourite please explain why it is, and if it isn't then post your favourite Swans album and explain why you love it
>>
>>61990773
i have no idea why that pasted twice
please excuse my error
>>
>>61990773
OP here. Children of God is my favorite because it's probably the best blend of their styles both before AND after it. The music is pretty meditative and even has some DCD qualities to some of the songs especially In My Garden and Blood and Honey.

Jarboe's vocals are the best on this album as well, Blackmail being a huge highlight of her voice.
>>
>>61990463
THIS
>>
>>61990698
This.
>>
>>61990463
seconded
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.