[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Tale Impala ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: download (1).jpg (21 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
21 KB, 300x168
What does /mu/ think of Tale Impala ?
>>
>>61980400
people on /mu/ hate them because they assume they're trying to be anything more than a pop band when they're not
>>
>>61980400
shit
>>
/mu/ loved them until currents came out
>>
There's a near-perfect 40 minute pop album in all of their 50 minute albums, and the other 10 minutes is really average.
>>
They have too much mediocrity in works that could be amazing.
>>
>>61980407
>>61980414
>>61980418
>>61980447
>all these plural pronouns
>>
>>61980461
i suppose it is all kevin now
>>
>>61980481
>now
If you look at personnel credits on their earlier albums, Jay was on a few tracks and that was fucking IT. A few outside-band collabs and also there was someone else helping with the mixing/engineering.
>>
>>61980501
Really? I knew that Kevin did a lot on Lonerism but I didn't know he did it all. Was it all kevin on Innerspeaker?
>>
>>61980528
no tame is kevins project. and his buddies just tour with him. that's why majority of them have their own projects also.
I'm sure they have some input and shit.

>>61980400
far as psych stuff, GOAT is way better. but I'll be happy if tame impala can crossover to the mainstream popularity like arctic monkeys or taylor swift/adele is. I wouldn't mind hearing them on the radio at work. than adele 24/7

good band that will inspire the major labels to try harder.
>>
>>61980400
I really like them. The first band that got me really into music.
>>
>>61980400
I see Tame Impala getting a lot of hate after Currents (especially for some of the cheesy lyrics), but desu I love Tame Impal. At least with Currents, Kevin tried something a bit different. I thought it was a great album, easily one of my favourites of 2015. I'm excited to see what he brings out next.

Also, for the people who don't really like Tame Impala after Currents, I'd recommend Pond (the band Kevin was in before Tame Impala), got a pretty good psych sound and their album last year (Man, It Feels Like Space Again) was also one of my favourites from last year.
>>
Lonerism is fantastic, Currents is pretty good too
>>
Well at least they're not AC/DC
>>
>>61980461
>mind my pronouns, shitlord
>>
>>61980660
Temples is also good.
>>
>>61980681
AcDc's early albums with Bon Scott are no fucking joke son. A lot of the songs on powerage were the precursor to post rock stuff like Slint. Songs like "What's next to the moon" "night prowler" "squealer" "sin city" "gone shootin'" "walk all over you" "love hungry man" are all fucking killer, but nobody listens to the lesser known acdc tracks that were actually influencial.
>>
File: tony-jones_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tony-jones_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>put off listening to new releases because I prefer to listen without the hype
>see currents getting shit on on this board for literally a year
>finally get around to listening to it
>mfw it's actually not that bad
>>
>>61981014
Okay, I'll try it, thanks man
>>
>>61981094
Just listen to those tracks, theyre not all on powerage, but they're all up on youtube. Especially "night prowler" "whats next to the moon" "beating around the bush" and "walk all over you", they're very "Slint-y".
>>
>>61981070
yea it's not that bad but compared to Lonerism it's fucking shit desu
>>
>listening to cuck music
>>
>>61980400
They're a great band, Currents was disappointing but Lonerism was a stunning album. A lot of /mu/ wont like them because they're a bunch of fuckheads who think that pop=bad.
>>
>>61980400
shit
>>
>>61981131
Are their full albums any good?
>>
>>61981173
Their stuff with bon scott is. The bon scott era albums alternate between all out balls out rock, and a few more moody tracks which are very creepy when you actually listen to the lyrics. Here are the essential lesser knkw acdc tracks that are actually fucking brilliant

Sin city
Whats next to the moon
Squealer
Night prowler
Walk all over you
Love hungry man
Gone shootin
Little lover
She's got balls
Overdose

In my opinion all of these tracks in some way influenced the sound that Slint crafted in the early 90's. Angus and Malcolm are fucking genius and they always get called dad rock, its bothers me. Everyone reading this should listen to the songs I listed.
>>
>>61980660
i feel bad for the people who are into Tame Impala and not all the other amazing psych bands these days - but not too bad because Tame Impala is pretty good
but then i feel REALLY bad for the people who want more but only expand to fucking Pond
>>
>>61981246
Down payment blues aswell, I forgot that, that's a great track.
>>
>>61981246
The spiderland cover also reminds me of the highway to hell cover in a way, they're just in water and in black and white.
>>
>>61981253
I guess you can say they should cross the POND to find more music
>>
>>61981253
I listen to Tame Impala, Pond and Temples, could you recommend any other to me?
>>
>>61981424
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
Wand
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Thee Oh Sees
Total Control
Morgan Delt
Baddat for Trubbel
Pow!
everything on Castle Face Records
Damien Jurado
Dungen
Eastlink
Elephant Stone
Goat
Jack Name
Jacco Gardner
JC Satan
Klaus Johann Grobe
Pipe-eye
Ty Segall
Walter
White Fence
>>
>>61980400
7/10
>>
>>61980414
I did too. The last album grew on me, but overall, it's just not as good as their first two albums.
>>
Currents is AOTY 2015 and everyone who disagree is either black/wigger(aka Kendrick team) or has shit taste(any other album)
>>
They are socially acceptable because they are pop, and unlike all the other pop bands I dont feel like killing myself listening to them
6/10
>>
10/10
>>
>>61980400
Went and saw them live a few months ago, they were incredible. Kev looked like he was going to cry from us, the crowd.

They have been one of my favorite bangs since myspace days 07.
>>
they're pretty good but they're the go-to band for people who think both:
a) they have good taste in music
b) there's no good music being made today

these people think they're some kind of saviors of rock music, like this stuff hasn't been being made the whole time. and people from other boards come to /mu/ and make this exact same thread about 5 times a day.
>>
>>61981624
Tiga Lilly
Melody's Echo Chamber
Bo Hansson
>>
>>61981837
That's got nothing to do with TP tho, that's just stupid people.

I can't stand bands being criticized because of their fans
>>
>>61980400
I feel Tame has really good songs, but at the same time their bad songs are REALLY bad, so then for me it's a good band who just don't tries hard enough.

6/10
>>
>>61981837
stop caring about what other people think. they don't care about you.
>>
Saw them live last year, they had really cool visuals with an oscilloscope reacting to their music, all the production and lighting was real good.

I can't tell you anything about their music though, I don't listen to recorded music and just see random bands live so I don't remember what the hell they sounded like.
>>
Ehh
>>
>>61981906
I care about you
>>
first album is their best
>>
File: 1450377770522.png (52 KB, 519x350) Image search: [Google]
1450377770522.png
52 KB, 519x350
>>61981837
>a subset of a band's fans have anything to do with how much you like that band

I will never understand.
>>
>>61981883
It's the singer that does everything. the rest of the band just play live
>>
>>61981881
did i criticize the band anywhere?
i was criticizing their fans and these threads
i can't stand people with no reading comprehension who are just combing /mu/ for shit to bitch about
>>
Are they any good live? Kevin's voice sucks major balls in most of the live videos I've seen on yt
>>
>>61982090
That doesn't have anything to do with anything. It's a meme here to criticize a band because of perceived attitudes of their fans and it's fucking stupid.

Who the fuck cares it has absolutely nothing to do with liking a band's music.
>>
Should just rename it to The Kevin Parker Project

but I guess that would only work if they were prog
>>
>>61982138
ok?
again, i didn't criticize the band at all
they're good, i have all their albums, i've paid to see them live
now if i wanted to criticize Tame Impala, i'd talk about how lackluster their live show was when i saw them
>>
I'm happy he found joy in his life, I guess.
Pity I can no longer relate to his musical style or his lyrics.
>>
>>61981982
This guy gets it.
>>
>>61982116
honestly they're one of the best bands I've seen live, and I've been to lots of shows
>>
>>61981014
Lol, look at this fucking faggot.
>>
>>61981014
>ac/dc
>influential
nigga, please
>>
Lonerism is nice, everything else is boring
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.