[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pinkerton Bass Tone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Pinkerton_cover.jpg (14 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
Pinkerton_cover.jpg
14 KB, 307x300
/mu/
The bass tone on Weezer's Pinkerton is absolutely incredible and I have been trying to replicate it with my shit setup but I cannot. The built-in distortion circuit in my amp is trash.

So I'm in the market for a bass fuzz pedal that can be gritty, like in Tired of Sex, Why Bother, and The Good Life, but also smoother like in Across The Sea or Getchoo.

I'm thinking about getting a Swollen Pickle MkII, they seem to have to most versatility of any fuzz pedal I've looked at. Any other recommendations?

My setup:
Squier VM Jazz bass
Fender Rumble 100

I can get a good Matt Sharp-ish clean bass tone, but Pinkerton eludes me. Pls halp, /mu/, you are my only hope.
>>
>>61971427
Also, general Weezer thread, I guess.
>>
EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff is probably the most versatile bass-focused fuzz for the money, I have the guitar one and it's perfect
I think they're like $90 most places.
>>
>>61971520
this and compression
>>
Pretty sure Matt Sharp used a big muff for his bass tone
>>
why even bother family

no one will ever hear u live lmaooooooooooooo
>>
>>61971427
I've heard Pinkerton hundreds of times and I play bass but I was literally thinking earlier this week how much I hate the use of bass on this album

Idk I prefer punchy clean bass tones behind distorted music
>>
>>61973555
it might be hard to believe but not everyone lives the same pathetic life you do
>>
>>61975611
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk
>>
>>61973555
>>61975611
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
test
>>
>>61971427
Why don't you just ask Matt yourself? I met him before and he's super nice. Oh and surprise just because he looks tall next to Rivers doesn't mean he's more than 6 feet tall, go figure.
>>
>>61977092
Rivers is like 5'4" tho
>>
>>61973555

WHY BOTHER
IT'S GONNA HURT ME
IT'S GONNA KILL WHEN YOU DESERT ME
>>
Gonna see them this summer with Panic! At The Disco. Kind meh on the latter
>>
File: Rig.jpg (99 KB, 536x610) Image search: [Google]
Rig.jpg
99 KB, 536x610
>>61971520
>>61971427
Bassbro from the gear threads here
Either the Deluxe Bass Muff or Swollen Pickle could get you sorta close but a big factor in his tone is also a combo of a P Bass with a pick and an old Orange Tube head iirc. His tone on Tired of Sex and The Good Life is great though, amazing album, shame Weezer never did anything nearly that good after it
>>61972119
Fuzz already adds enough compression though
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.