[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinions on this fine Nirvana record?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 346556.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
346556.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
Your opinions on this fine Nirvana record?
>>
>>61957648
It's a great album and makes me wish there was a followup album that could have been better.
>>
>>61957648
albini mix > commercial mix > vig mix of nevermind > bleach > commercial nevermind
>>
>>61957648
>>61957659
9/10 Record
>>
great. i like the heavy production. the drums especially are heavy. good songs, original songs, kinda experimental but still enjoyable

really sucks. i think kurt had a few more great albums in him
>>
Incesticide>>>
>>
>>61957648
All Nirvana records are a tad overrated. but this is their best album.
>>
>>61957725
how could he have more albums in him when he was depressed as shit and good for nothing
if he didnt kill himself he'd OD
>>
>>61957690
bionicles yes
>>
>>61957648
not as good as Bleach
>>
>>61957752
but he didn't kill himself or OD
>>
>>61957752
people can and do come out of those stages. people evolve, change. kurt's big problem (in my opinion) was his heavy heroin addiction (major depressant. i used to inject it. you feel dead to the world when you arent high.) as well as chemical depression. some medication would have helped him.
>>
>>61957752
He was about to record an album with Michael Stipe
>>
>>61957769
its raw as bleach and yet has a finer composition and more sense like nevermind
although bleach is still good as shit
>>
>>61957811
yeah except for Heart Shaped Box literally sounding like something off Nevermind
>>
>>61957785
ok kurt
>>
>>61957752
Without his depressive / suicidal state of mind at the time of recording, Kurt would have never made In Utero.

He was in rehab after his first suicide attempt but escaped over the wall, kek. Then a few weeks later, he kills himself. It’s all the wall’s fault, tbqh.

>>61957789
I’m thinking of trying heroin later in life. Is it possible to get addicted from the first high? How does it feel when high on heroin?
>>
>>61957789
>>61957790
>>61957785
why so many authentic generational musicians died at 27
i refuse to accept any logic behind that, it just doesnt make any sense
kurt, amy and jims were really authentic. sure there were others but i always felt there's some same spirit to them in particular + dylan
its hard to explain it. i could even tell winehouse's gonna die and why, some people carry that shit in them, you can even feel through their music there's some darkness to it
>>
>>61957946
I don't think there's any deeper force at work, just a series of unfortunate coincidences.
>>
>>61957883
>is it possible to get addicted first try

two types of addiction: mental and physical

with heroin it always starts as mental. it just feels so good. then youre hooked one way. after a while of using youre hooked both ways.
>>
>>61957946
nobody knows why the 27 club exists. its a strange phenomenon indeed.
>>
>>61957883
>how does it feel

you know when you yawn, or take a piss? have an orgasm? after eating a great meal?

its like all that stuff while wrapped in a warm blanket and god is giving you a back massage.
>>
Nevermind is still their best effort.
>>
>>61958062
People die at every age. This one just gets a lot of attention. I'm sure if you scoured death records you'd find plenty of people who die at 26 or 28 etc. It's that effect where when you expect to see something you start seeing it everywhere simply because you're paying more attention to it.
>>
>>61958174
>It's that effect where when you expect to see something you start seeing it everywhere simply because you're paying more attention to it.

thats an interesting phenomenon you point out. but honestly those are some of the biggest names in modern rock music who died at 27, so i dont completely buy into your idea.
>>
>>61957690
>toa nuva
0/5 would not wear
>>
>>61957668
This guy knows what's up.
I feel like this should be obvious.
>>
>>61957883
You won't get addicted, mentally or physically, after the first try. But you are opening Pandora's box. You have never felt anything like it, and you won't forget how great it was, so you open yourself up to the possibility of trying it again. Then comes the addiction. My advice is don't bother. I'm still an addict after 4 years on/off
>>
>>61958101
Literally no.
>>
>>61958252
>>61957668
What's the difference between the albini mix and the commercial one?
>>
>>61958195
the streisand effect
>>
This was like that album that made me wanna be a musician when I was like 12
>>
>>61959072
Commercial one is heavily post-produced, Albini's is typically raw.

Albini "produced" every track except Heart Shaped Box and Pennyroyal Tea anyways.
>>
>>61959072
little more raw and albini sounding, the commercial mix had some post production added

think - let it be naked vs. let it be
>>
>>61958225
I bet you like the Toa Inika you slut
>>
>>61957690
I might buy this T-shirt if I could. Just maybe.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.