[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Don't know who else to ask. My brother in law recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: Weird Al Militant.jpg (426 KB, 1007x1008) Image search: [Google]
Weird Al Militant.jpg
426 KB, 1007x1008
I Don't know who else to ask. My brother in law recently died suddenly, and I'm de-facto in charge of planning his funeral services. He was an Athiest, and this is a very religious family, but all of his siblings are very insistent that this be a secular funeral (which has put me in hot water with some of the extended family) with music he loved.

For the most part I've got this. One thing his sisters all insist on is that we include Some Weird Al music in the service. They mentioned System of a Down too, but that was a LOT EASIER than trying to think of what Weird Al song may be remotely appropriate for this kind of thing without seeming outright disrespectful.

Any tips on deep cuts? I love White and Nerdy as much as the next guy, but as non-traditional as I am prepared to make this funeral, I can't see any of his songs fitting into the rest of the playlist I've created.
OMG HALP
>>
Reddit.com/r/weirdal could help
>>
>Weird Al at a funeral

Tacky is perfect for this occasion.
>>
>>61953273
Trapped in the drive-thru is like 11 minutes long and seems entirely suitable as a metaphor for postmodern existence.
>>
>>61953328
Wash your mouth out. Scum.
>>61953337
Appropriate yes. A little too upbeat, however.
>>61953341
You made me chuckle, at least.
>>
>>61953352
>>61953337
Al is a comedic genius. He'd definitely lighten the mood.
>>
Play Eat It, its what he would have wanted
>>
>weird al
>system of a down

i hope i didn't know this guy
>>
>>61953352
>Wash your mouth out. Scum.

he was trying to give you genuinely good advice by pointing you to a group of people who love weird al and might be able to point you to some little known gem which wouldn't be completely awful to play during a funeral

because let's be honest, as far as funeral tunes go, system of a down and weird al do not for an appealing or tasteful setlist make, in fact it's something you would expect to see in a black comedy
>>
>>61953646
There's a lot of other less-problematic music on the playlist. Simple Man, Old man by Neil Young, The Logical Song by Supertramp, and a whole album I have of symphonic Zelda songs.
>>61953694
If I had any interest in that cesspool, I'd be there. System of a Down actually isn't that bad. They have a couple slower tempo more contemplative songs. But weird al is just so silly. My brother in law was silly too, so I guess it makes sense. My sister in law is going through some old messages of his to find where he specifically mentioned some of his favorite Al songs. So I think I will just use those and put them at the very end of the service.
>>
>>61953735
well good luck faggot, it's going to be shit regardless
pity your brother was such a fucking pleb, but then again he died so I guess it's not all bad
>>
dude, Amish Paradise. Sad violins n shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
>>
>>61953764
What do you want played at your funeral?
>>61953792
I downloaded that one just because I, myself like it so much. But I'll probably end up using it. He did spend part of his childhood in a Mormon paradise. Seems somewhat relevant.
>>
>>61953764
Woah, don't cut yourself
>>
https://youtu.be/pS8Hi-HAIgs
This is the right choice.
>>
>>61953956
YES! I shared this with all my siblings, I think this would be a great way to close out the services. Thanks so much.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvM6bNwfTIg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHRGqJDA1zk
>>
>>61953273
>My brother in law recently died
Oh shit dude. Is he ok?
>>
>>61954095
hell be fine
>>
is the cause of death known?
>>
>>61954437
Car accident.
>>
>>61954575

oh ok
>>
they weren't kidding about the reddit refugees coming to this board huh
>>
>>61954652
fuck off
>>
>>61953822
If that's considerededgy then you're the dullest fuck on 4chan
>>
Just because he was a Weird Al fan doesn't mean you have to play it, you know.
>>
>>61953735
>A whole album of symphonic Zelda songs
Holy fuck. How old was your brother? Are you upset that he never lost his virginity? Did you ever suck him off out of pity?
>>
>>61953273
cuck
>>
>secular funeral
>therefore shitty music has to be played
dude get some classical stuff played and don't give a fuck
rach's isle of the dead seems fitting
>>
globus - terminal

everything else is optional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2IiQ6fS0FM
>>
>>61956255
I'll look up your suggestion, but the secular thing isn't completely related to the music thing. All we know of his music tastes is what we're using. I mean I'm a big fan of Chopin, Debussy and Tchacovsky, but it's not something my family would have known if I passed away.
The Symphonic Zelda is have is really, really nice, and I know he would have liked that, and his sisters have suggested some perfectly appropriate acoustic songs. It's not like the whole service is going to be crazy shit. If you're 55 and raised Roman Catholic, though, it might be kind jarring.
>>61956268
Listening. Enjoying. Thanks.
>>
>>61953735
>System of a Down actually isn't that bad. They have a couple slower tempo more contemplative songs.

Use Aerials for the processional or something.
>>
>>61954575
We prefer the term "traffic collision"
>>
Nice b8
>>
>>61953273

Playing him at a funeral is completely in bad taste. Don't do it.
>>
>>61956491
>Soldiers Side Intro
Duh.
>Spiders
I learned to play this on the bass way back in the day. I put it on a mix CD for my mom, and even she liked it.
>>61956543
I concur, but my 3 sisters, his 3 sisters, all insist he was their favorite, and so should be represented. He was a goofy guy, and would have chuckled to see the reactions of the hardcore Roman Catholic kin. I think this earlier anon's suggestion:
>>61953956
Is the best solution. Otherwise I'm just going to take 2 or 3 of his favorite Al songs and play them at the end.
>>
>>61956502
Why's that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWmfNeLs7fA

play this too
>>
>>61957171
BECAUSE MURRICA BRO AAAWOOOOO PAAAAAAAARTY!!!
>>
>>61954200
YOU KILLED HIM WITH DUBS ! FUCK THE MEME MAGIC !
>>
I don't know what kind of person he was, but I personally would love Everything You Know Is Wrong to play at my funeral. It perfectly captures the absurdity of life. Albuquerque is a fun, pretty safe one to play too.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.