[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled for 50 odd years which one /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
Now that the dust has settled for 50 odd years which one /mu/?
>>
>>61953156
Larks'
>>
>>61953156
court
>>
This discussion will be endless. I vote for Larks', but all is great.

So, what's your favorite KC apart from these four albums.
>>
>>61953156
ITKOTCK>Larks>Red>Discipline
>>
>>61953156
Lark's Tongue in Aspic IMO
>most experimental sound, very out there with proto-industrial vibe during the noisey parts of Lark's Tongue in Aspic Part 1 & 2
>Larks Tongue pt 2 was also pretty much the heaviest "metal" music at the time IMO
>very much on the jazzy side on this one, with complex rhythms and some nice solos
>absolutely amazing percussion combo, Bill Bruford Muir

then soon would follow ITCOTCK, Red and Discipline
>>
Court > Red > Discipline > Larks'
BUT
Red has stuff better than stuff on Court. Red just unfortunately has Providence.
>>
>>61953410
I understand that sentiment.
>>
>>61953249
Poseidon is in my top 4
>>
>>61953156
>now that the dust has settled
NOT ON MY WATCH
>>
>>61953249
Court > Red > Discipline > Larks' > Beat > Poseidon > THRAK > Lizard > Three of a Perfect Pair > The ConstruKction of Light > The Power to Believe > Starless and Bible Black > Islands

"Dinosaur" from THRAK is among my favourite KC ever, though.
>>
>>61953695
Dude i really like the Power to Believe. It's in my top 5, after "those 4".
>>
>>61953785
Islands is sweet as well, i like all KC albums
>>
>>61953785
There's some great stuff on there, particularly "Happy with What You Have to Be Happy With". Maybe I should revisit.
>>
Can we all agree that GG>KC?
>>
>>61953695
>Islands that low
>>
>>61954599
Biggest snoozefest in their entire discography. At least the other albums throw me something interesting.
>>
>>61953156
Red
>>
>>61953156
Starless and Bible Black>Larks Tongues>Discipline>Red>Islands>ITCOCK
>>
>>61954615
I think you might be a pleb
>>
>>61954650
If being a pleb means I don't have to listen to Islands, I'll fuckin take that
>>
epitaph is just too good
>>
File: d3W8da9.gif (346 KB, 477x396) Image search: [Google]
d3W8da9.gif
346 KB, 477x396
>>61954653
>>
Court>Red>Larks
Haven't heard Discipline.
>>
Discipline
>>
ITCOTCK's title track alone is enough to wipe away every other album they produced.
>>
>>61955832
for some reason the last track always gets overlooked, but tit's always the one I look forward to.

To the other anons of the thread, if Islands is their worst album, what an incredible album to be a worst.
>>
>>61953156
But OP, THRAK isn't on there?

Out of those four though the best is Discipline
>>
Discipline (Fripp in god mode) > Court > Red > Larks
>>
Anybody else here digging Three of a Perfect Pair? Not their best album but I really like it.
>>
all four of these albums are amazing and it's understandable to prefer any of them over the others
>>
>>61958460
it's great! I think it's the least good out of the 80's trilogy, but I still love it to pieces.
>>
>>61953156
ITCOTK > Red > Larks' > Discipline

But that's the thing about KC, they're really fucking consistent. Even Discipline is a 9/10
>>
>>61953695
Trade lizard for islands and that's my exact list. Including the part about Dinosaurs, that song is goat
(somebody is digging my bones)
>>
>>61955862
>To the other anons of the thread, if Islands is their worst album, what an incredible album to be a worst.

True that anon, true that :')
>>
>>61953156
Court
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.