[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ I'm looking for some more music like the hosono
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: HARUOMI_HOSONO_HOUSE.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
HARUOMI_HOSONO_HOUSE.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
Hey /mu/
I'm looking for some more music like the hosono house version of rock a by my baby. Some soft, maybe lofi, solo acoustic jazz. Not a lot of lead workz just some nice chord playing.

If any of you have any good recs out there, let me know. I need some comfy jazz for this winter storm, and saxophones just sound so abrasive sometimes.
>>
Hot Rats because its not what you asked for.
>>
how did this guy go from sounding like neil young to being in the ymo
>>
Fishmans
>>
>>61952162
A little bit of that squealing sax on It Must Be A Camel or Willie the Pimp just shouts comfy bedtime listening

>>61952182
No idea, both were great, but I'm more partial to his older, folkier work

>>61952184
? Is that a band what are you saying help me pls
>>
>>61952182
YMO used the same songwriting principles as pop and rock songs, just used different instrumentation.
>>
>>61952214
Fishmans Long Season or the other shit, if you want jap comfort.
>>
>>61952263
Thinks fren, listening now

I respect you as a man, a friend, and as a lover.
>>
>>61952214
Fishmans are great. They were a Japanese dream pop/dub band in the 90s. Check out Long Season which has unfortunately been memed by /mu/ and rym lately but is still one of the best overlooked albums of the 90s of any genre.
>>
>>61952285
you too man
>>
>>61952182
This: (>>61952217) Hosono is an immensely talented songwriter and arranger, even though he uses the same folk-style structure for his songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TezOIKgM8W4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMb5DFVPzc0
>>
File: R-1033545-1189189025.jpeg.jpg (129 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
R-1033545-1189189025.jpeg.jpg
129 KB, 562x600
Also Happy End's final 1973 album if you haven't listened to it. A really sentimental farewell album compared to their headstrong first two. Hosono wrote the first track "Furaibo", "Ai Ai Gasa", and another one on that one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.