[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lorde elite? Anyone a fan here? What are your favourite songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: lorde.jpg (32 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
lorde.jpg
32 KB, 650x366
Is Lorde elite?

Anyone a fan here? What are your favourite songs off of Pure Heroine and why?
>>
>>61945696
queen of modern experimental pop music

the kate bush/bjork of this generation
>>
>>61945727

Just seeing one slightly ironic positive comment here is better than I was expecting.
>>
>>61945739
I was not even joking
>>
>>61945696
I like White Teeth Teens and A World Alone. I think Pure Heroine is a good pop album but I'm more excited for what she releases in the future
>>
O I am laffin
>>
>>61945771

A World Alone is one of my favourites and in my drinking playlist. Team is by far my favourite.

I'm hopeful for her future stuff because Yellow Flicker Beat is the best example of her writing a song while "popular" and it just accentuates her positive traits. Its like they /get/ why shes good and turned it up to 11 so I'm hopeful we'll get more of that and not soemthing more acceptably pop.
>>
>>61945819
is there any news about her next release?
>>
Just hoping for a great second album like the first one. I like her lyrics. I dig her weird dancing.
>>
>>61945862
it's like girl thom yorke basically
>>
>>61945862

LEgit fell in love with the weird dancing. Even if its just a character she pulls it off so well I'm willing to buy it.

>>61945851
Not that im aware of but a quick google search brings up this

http://www dot mtv.com/news/2720680/lorde-vacation-fund-yes-please/

Exciting stuff really.
>>
That song with disclosure is shit.
>>
>>61945923
It was abit dumb but not particularly awful I thought.
>>
>>61945696
I want to lick her feet desu senpai
>>
>>61945696
Yes, she is.
A World Alone and Glory and Gore
>>
Pretentious bullshit

lyrics are just teen angst
>>
>>61945727
I like Lorde but how exactly is she experimental?
>>
Can't stand her.

Her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.
>>
i hope her next album be a trip-hop/downtempo one a la Portishead
>>
fuck, when I'm alone and I hear white teeth teens, my eyes get real watery. It always happens, even just now. During my senior year (hs), my best friend played this album quite a bit, and that was my favorite song (his was love club). All the memories I made, all the awful and great moments of that last year, and that last summer come flooding back. Damn. I didn't let a tear get out this time /mu/, but that nostalgia for when I felt like I was a part of a clique, for when I felt attached, invested, home, it hits me too hard anons. I drift off into that abandoned baseball field. I see the bright stars of the sleepy rural town. I see the brighter headlights. I see my closest friends, my oneitis, my happier moments. I remember that blissful (if temporary) absence of fear for the future. I remember almost all of it. I miss all that I can remember. I still haven't found that again. I guess it's a feels night now, thanks guys.
[spoiler] I lied about keeping that tear in[/spoiler]
>>
She can't fucking sing, play an instrument, write music, and the songs she is released on are pretty boring...So no
>>
>>61945923
fuck off mate, Magnets is my jam
>>
She's not particularly accomplished at this point. Her debut is only as impressive as her fans want it to be if you annotate that shit with information about how "she's only 13 and its her first music!"
>>
Team is a good tune
>>
>>61950935
btw not to say i don't really like her, i like her a lot and i like how authentic she is compared to say lana del rey (who btw has honestly a better resume as far as recorded output, but gets utterly smoked by Lorde on stage)
>>
o i am laffin
>>
File: Oh_shit.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Oh_shit.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>61951131
Is that fucking Paul Rudd?
Why can't I fucking tell?
I'm geeking hard?
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (172 KB, 1255x653) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
172 KB, 1255x653
>>61951131
PLEASE SOMEONE FUCKING TELL ME IS THIS PAUL RUDD IM LOSING MY SHIT
>>
>>61952571
its paul rudd?
>>
>>61952500
>>61952571
bro that's paul rudd's son
>>
Lorde is just a really really shitty early fiona apple.

>omg lordes 18 and wrote this music!

fiona did tidal at 16-17, who cares
>>
>>61952629
No it's fucking david scott you fucking dumbasses (did I sense your sarcasm?)

>>61952500
>>
I love the debut, and it has surprising staying power, but I really want to hear at least one more album before I even begin to consider her artistic merit. Also, her live concerts seem atrocious.
Dat hair though.

Bravado best song.
>>
>>61952748
i'd like her live more if she played smaller venues.
>>
>>61945851
She tweeted a few weeks ago that she'd told her mom the name of the new album. No info on when it'll release or how far into it she is. Not that I know of, anyway
>>
>>61952500
>>61952571
It's the poor man's, annoyingly sarcastic version of Paul Rudd
>>
>>61952794
Yeah that could be a part of it. She really hasn't grown for the big stage.
>>
>>61952971
Her music is stripped back and airy and it doesn't suit large stadiums. If she played in smaller lounge type settings I think it could be some fantastic stuff
>>
Better than Lana, Halsey, and every other artist in her perspective sub-genre
>>
>>61948907
her lyrics are radio experimental and it worked
>>
i like
>>
>>61945696
Tennis Court

Why you ask?

Idk it's catchy, I don't really examine pop music further than that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.