[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can easily imagine Irish music. You can easily imagine Indian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: ludacris_by_xer8[1].jpg (356 KB, 666x932) Image search: [Google]
ludacris_by_xer8[1].jpg
356 KB, 666x932
You can easily imagine Irish music.
You can easily imagine Indian music.
You can easily imagine Latin music.
Hell, I bet you can even imagine Australian music.

I'll bet you anything, though, that you can't imagine what American music is (and by American, I mean USA). I'll tell you what is, though.

Rap. Go ahead, cry.
>>
>>61939639
I imagine country.
>>
>>61939639
blues / rock n roll
>>
>>61939639
I imagined Elvis teebeeaytch.

t. yurofag
>>
>>61939639
Didn't jazz originate in the US
>>
>>61939639
It's jazz you fucking retard
>>
File: Bruce-Springsteen.jpg (3 MB, 1962x2997) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Springsteen.jpg
3 MB, 1962x2997
>>61939639
As a rap fan I'm perfectly fine with this. That being said, if anyone thinks of American music and doesn't think of The Boss they're wrong.
>>
>>61939661
Nope. Has its roots in rock and roll, which is British.

Try harder. I love your tears.
>>
country is the only american music

blues, jazz(has some white influence), and rock & roll are black, but whites pretty much own rock now so rock can be considered white, but white brits probably contributed the most to rock so rock is british
>>
>>61939679
lolno.

Jazz is just modernized African tribal music.
>>
>>61939719
This is fucking retarded, you can trace every genre's roots back to banging rocks together in the stone age.
>>
Louis Armstrong
Charley Patton
Bessie Smith
Duke Ellington
Dock Boggs
Robert Johnson
Charlie Parker
Miles Davis
Washington Phillips
Arizona Dranes
Mississippi John Hurt
Billie Holiday
Blind Willie Johnson
The Carter Family
Ya I totally think of rap music OP
>>
>>61939719
>Rock and Roll
>British

b8
>>
>>61939739
>white brits probably contributed the most to rock so rock is british
Literally how braindead can you be
The American folk music is british folk music meme is so ridiculously misinformed and ignorant
>>
Only because America is a relatively new country, and it's culture is still discernibly a mixture of the constituent cultures of its initial settlers
>>
>Not traditional Cherokee music
Plebs
>>
>>61939719
>Rock and roll is british
Fuck off with your logic if you're just going by where the genre originated, Wynonie Harris and Bill Haley were both American.
>>
>>61939806

this guy is right on the money
>>
>>61939719
>>61939746
>OP is immediately proven wrong
>Continues spouting bullshit and avoids common sense
>>
>>61939763
>Charley Patton
treated as black though he was mixed with native, white, and african blood
>Louis Armstrong
>Bessie Smith
>Duke Ellington
>Robert Johnson
>Charlie Parker
>Miles Davis
>Washington Phillips
>Arizona Dranes
>Mississippi John Hurt
>Billie Holiday
>Blind Willie Johnson

All of these are black so they dont count, when they were alive they were not treated like americans, this is blacks that lived in america music not american music
>>
>>61939903
And rap counts?
>>
I'm going to have to post a featherhead with a flute to satisfy you autists, aren't I?
>>
>>61939929
I mean that really is the true American music

Also protip it's pretty good
>>
>>61939927
of course not
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.