[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why speaking really fast is considered music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: o-NICKI-MINAJ-570.jpg (136 KB, 570x812) Image search: [Google]
o-NICKI-MINAJ-570.jpg
136 KB, 570x812
Why speaking really fast is considered music?
>>
I want Nicki Minaj to feminize me so fucking bad holy shit
>>
Because of the inherent musicality of the human voice. An instrument that affects us all more deeply than any wood metal or animal skin construction ever could.
>>
>>61934840
That's basically the politically correct to say you want to fuck too
anyone else?
>>
>>61934809
The same reason strumming some metal strings is considered music.
>>
>>61934818
>>61934821
What do these posts have to do with music, degenerate waifufags?
>>
ok I'll bite

why don't you like her music?
>>
>>61934809

she does it over music and her words rhyme
>>
File: john-cage.jpg (40 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
john-cage.jpg
40 KB, 620x388
>>61934809
Why is silence considered music?
>>
>>61935202
>4'33'' is silence
You don't get it.
>>
>>61935011
What do these dubs have to do with music?
>>
>>61935228
I get it. I'm just making same stupid equations as OP does.
>>
File: 3a.png (7 KB, 342x107) Image search: [Google]
3a.png
7 KB, 342x107
>>61935241
Stop.
>>
>>61935261
>redditfag
>tripfag
Kill yourself. And check these dubs.
>>
It's poetry set to a rhythmic beat. And talking fast isn't generally why people like her (although it does add to her repertoire of skills), but the reason people enjoy rap is for their ability to flow and come up with witty puns and word-play, a lot of times ad-libbed. Delivery is merely the means to an end, anon. That is why Adele isn't interesting, because even though she can sing really well, her songs are generic.
>>
>>61935309
I don't go on Reddit.
>>
>>61935259
No, you don't get it. 4'33" isn't silent. You asked "Why is silence considered music"? You were wrong and you misunderstood the composition. Do not post pictures of John Cage if you don't understand him. Thank you.
>>
File: sheldon.jpg (44 KB, 406x666) Image search: [Google]
sheldon.jpg
44 KB, 406x666
>>61935309
>replying to a bait trip
>>
>>61935202
It wasn't silence you fucking pleb, it was ambient noise.

or bait?
>>
>>61935330
>It's poetry
Some people actually think that?
How embarrassing

>>61935357
What do any of my posts resemble a 'bait'?
>>
>>61935355
>>61935365
Bait m8.
Look at OP and contrast and compare both posts.
>>
>>61935357
Forgive me senpai I took the hook
>>
>>61935384
*How do any of my posts

Sorry
>>
>>61935388
Nice dubs dude!!!!
>>
>>61935355
>>61935399
taking a look at the numbers here
>>
>>61934880
kek'd
>>
>>61935384
this is what a cuck looks like
>>
>>61935004
>implying all those strings arent tuned much lower than standard tuning to provide a completely different playing experience

do you even guitar?
>>
>>61935384
Lol how is it not poetry?
>>
>>61935482
because niggers are gay
>>
>>61935330
>witty
Sorry but wit implies intelligence, and most rappers are borderline-retarded minorities who grew up without an education in a drug-friendly, low culture environment. Shakespeare is witty. Wodehouse is witty. Collier is very witty, try reading one of his stories without a fat smirk on your face.

Drake is not witty. Kanye West is not witty. Three Six Mafia, Dalek, Death Grips, Aesop Rock, MF DOOM, Wu-Tang Clan, and virtually any rapper you can think of are all not witty. As I said, wit implies intelligence, and intelligent people do not make hip hop or hyphenate the term "wordplay".

Adele is not a particularly impressive pop musician, but she is a pop musician in a genuine sense of the word. She knows how to compose and perform a pop song, and she has a unique skill that others do not. For these reasons she is talented, and that sets her ten thousand times a part from imitators of talent like hip hop producers and rappers.
>>
>>61935507
lol nerd
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>61935507
This might be the most Reddit thing I've ever read on here
>>
>>61935507
>MF DOOM is not witty
>Adele composes her music

kek'ing so hard right now. I'm not even a sjw and I can tell how racist you are. Adele has ghost writers for 90% of her songs. And if you would listen to a rap song, you would notice the word play. Even Nicki Minaj does it. Now stop stereotyping and go back to /pol/
>>
>>61935507
sick pasta bru
>>
>>61935576
>>61935578
on average >77 nice
>>
>>61935482
It is poetry, but it's poetry of such mediocre caliber that it merits absolutely zero discussion. The only people who would be stupid enough to compare Tibullus to Drake are idiots who have never picked up a collection of poetry in their life. The difference of quality between the two genre is so overwhelming obvious that no halfway intelligent person would ever think of making a comparison, except perhaps to emphasise the inferiority of hip hop.
>>
because le attitude and le fuck le haters
>>
>>61935620
let's see your work, since you know so much about poetry, lord byron faggot.
>>
>>61935620
Pretty much this, except there are some artists who have lyrics that can compare to actual poetry. Keep in mind that the definition of poetry evolves with time, and that your favorite poets were likely considered shit-tier by the orthodox standards of their time. Not to say that Nas is as bold as Whitman, but it's people like you who may have labeled certain poets as "rubbish" or "not poetry" back in their day.
>>
What do you call the space between her boobs?

Sillicon valley.
>>
>>61935763
ubpoted
>>
>>61935576
Adele plays a much greater role in the composition of her music than rappers or even rap producers, who plagiarise popular music from two generations ago and create the same song for ten years straight.

Rappers usually hear the music they are performing over about fifteen minutes before they start writing a verse, which is written on somebody's iPhone in a production studio filled with twenty shrieking and intoxicated gang members. They contribute practically nothing to the song they are claiming as their own. Of course most successful hip hop producers do not actually produce the music they are attaching their name to either, they actually purchase productions from less famous plagiarists (see: Kanye West).

Any racism you interpreted in my post is totally irrelevant to its many merits. It's true that I think black culture is mostly inferior to Western and East Asian culture, but that doesn't make me or my argument wrong. If you're incapable of addressing my argument directly then just don't reply please.
>>
>>61935732
No, most my favorite poets demonstrated literary talent throughout their careers even if they occasionally violated standards of good taste. I don't mind unorthodox writing if it's clever and unique, but I genuinely do not see any such qualities in Nas's writing. He is a talented CELEBRITY, and the warrior-poet image he sells the public takes time and effort to create, but the actual content of his persona is ephemeral. If there exists any aesthetic justice in this world, he will forgotten within the century.
>>
test
>>
>>61935948
Nas is definitely unique - his writing on Illmatic took lyrical rap to an entirely new level. This isn't what makes him good, but to claim that Nas is a copycat or average for his time is just plain wrong.

It's harder to define clever, but I would say that some of his word plays and rhyme schemes fit the most general definition. You have to understand that rap lyrics aren't meant to be read like regular poetry. The delivery is equally as important, so in a sense it's like theatre. Sure you can read the script, but reading alone doesn't give the same experience as an actual performance; the parts you found bland while reading could be seen in a new light when interpreted by an actor. So it's the same with rap, you may find his lyrics not-clever when you read them but it may strike you as clever when you listen.

And, he may be forgotten in the next century like most artists. Just because he's no Shakespeare doesn't mean he's bad.
>>
>>61935836
There's no point in trying to explain logic to someone who seems another social group as "inferior." Your claims are entirely unfounded due to the fact that you cannot perceive the argument objectively.
>>
>>61935620
>Trying this hard to be /lit/
Do you put on Bach's first cello suite and swish whiskey around in a glass first, or do you just go straight to shitposting and sucking off safe-opinion classical poets?
>>
File: 1430195404953.jpg (12 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
1430195404953.jpg
12 KB, 255x253
>>61935388
>>61935399
>>61935411
>>61935655
>>61936433
>>
>>61935507
5/10.

The main body of your post is abrasive but loses it's seriousness in the last part with Adele. Try being more subtle in trolling posts anon.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.