[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my friend says olivia tremor control isn't better than yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
my friend says olivia tremor control isn't better than yo la tengo. when can i call him an idiot? or am i the real idiot here?
>>
yo la tengo is better senpai
>>
File: brockstanza.jpg (127 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
brockstanza.jpg
127 KB, 500x500
>Olivia Tremor Control
>better than anything
>>
>>61927718
fuck off sylt
>>
>>
>>61927732
yeah, yo la tengo is a bigger snoozefest than second wave post-rock and on
>>
Yellow Tango is way better.
>>
if quads otc
>>
yo la tengo n' chill?
>>
File: god damn son.jpg (48 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
god damn son.jpg
48 KB, 600x800
have tits op

xD
>>
>>61927709
>generic beatles pop
>12 minute track of field recordings
What a mind blowing experience. Changed my life. Haha just kidding man, OTC is a fucking joke.
>>
>mfw some dork tells me the OP's opinion
>>
When are you going to realize OTC is just ripping their aesthetic from the beach boys and the Beatles? They bring nothing new to the table, it's just produced really well.
>>
OTC is better if you really care about the music and also like to do drugs, more than just caring about indie cred. YLT is good too but it's just typical indie rock.
>>
>>61927908
Exactly. You don't have to bring anything new to the table if you do a good job at what you do. The Apples in Stereo are great for that reason too. They're just ELO and the Beach Boys/Beatles with a squeaky voice indie singer guy, but they're awesome. When are people going to realize that innovation is not what makes good music good?
>>
>>61927752
you tried, but check THESE
>>
File: 1452138242365.jpg (53 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1452138242365.jpg
53 KB, 500x667
Why does /mu/ hate OTC so much?
>>
they aren't even comparable

>>61928046
memes
>>
Why are you comparing two groups with entirely different styles of music in the first place?
>>
>>61928057
The Olivia Tremor Control has no memes whatsoever. The fuck are you talking about? Or do you just mean it is a meme to hate them? And when did that happen?
>>
>>61928152
the meme is hating all elephant six bands I think?
>>
>>61928296
What a dumb thing to do. It IS /mu/ though.
>>
>>61928152
Jeff Magnum is /mu/'s biggest meme.
>>
>>61928002
sorry, you mean THESE??
>>
>>61928461
He only sang on one song and played guitar or drums on another at some point, and wasn't actually a member of the band during their recording period.
>>
>>61928489
I think he sings on one song on black foliage. I think it was I've Been Floated
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.