[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CSH/ - Car Seat Headrest General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 5
File: CarSeatHeadrest.png (415 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
CarSeatHeadrest.png
415 KB, 571x547
discuss car seat headrest
>favorite album
>favorite song
>>
Will, come on now. This is getting straight-embarrassing at this point.
>>
>>61921904
fuck off will
>>
>>61921945
/thread
>>
i like it a lot
>>
>>61921938
>>61921945
lelele

>>61921904
For me favorite album is How To Leave Town, fav song The Ending of Dramamine.
>>
fuck off with your knockoff homo indie rock, you aren't the strokes and they are shit to begin with
>>
>>61921971
the strokes were great shutup
>>
File: 5675689.png (71 KB, 372x274) Image search: [Google]
5675689.png
71 KB, 372x274
>>61921985
>the strokes were great
>>
This implying will is on here meme is so annoying. It isn't even funny it's fuckig stupiid.
>>
>>61922006
It's not a meme, you cunt. It's Will (see: you) viraling.
>>
>>61922006
fuck off will
>>
>>61922006
lmao gtfo will
>>
>>61922019
>>61922030
You're both faggots. You're assuming. And you're assholes picking on someone bc they are more successful than you. Smh it's pitiful really.
>>
>>61922068
every post you make just makes it that little bit more obvious will
please keep going
>>
>>61922019
9 IP's ITT already. 7 posts or smth bitching about Will. The remaining can't be Will behind proxies, now can it?

I know you're not even serious but srsly if you made an album and put it on bandcamp you'd try to get people here to listen to it too you fucking memeing asshole. Stop being annoying and let people discuss this artist ffs
>>
>>61922068
Will, you already made this post >>61921482
>>
I have only heard Twin Fantasy.
I was incredibly touched by the last two songs, i found them to be very powerful emotionally.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1536x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1536x643
>>61922117
hey crazyaga, can you please explain this post to me?

almost two years later and I'm still dumbfounded by it
>>
>>61922110
EXACTLY

>>61922092
>>61922114
>implying
I'm not will you fucking fag. You're just a NEET who doesn't get laid and needs to put others down to feel important.
>>
>>61922209
>You're assuming.
>implying
If you want people to stop calling you names, Will, stop viraling. It's as easy as that.
>>
>>61922162
sounds like some plato-esque cave painting analogy
>>
hey will ily
>>
bahahahhaha Will I know you're in this thread xDDDDDDDDDDDD bahahahahhahahahaha :::::::::::;^^^^^^^)))))) gtfo Will
>>
>>61922248
>implying I'm will
So anyone who talks about will is will? I dot think will would go defend himself. I just want to let you know you're a faggot. I'm not will, and therefore am not hurt by what you say. I'm annoyed, bc I actually liked car seat headrest before I ever came to /mu/. He's talented, and you ruining his threads for the sake of a meme is pathetic. You are pathetic.
>>
>>61922282
dude anyone can see through this, you aren't throwing us off
>>
Hey Will I really liked Famous Prophets (minds). I'm kind of embarrassed to like twin fantasy so much but congrats on the success with the viral marketing.
>>
>>61922298
>So anyone who talks about will is will?
Will is the only one who talks about Will lol.
>>
>cmd f will
>25 results
good thread desu
>>
having a general for something you're trying to viral doesnt make sense
>>
>>61922443
y-you too
>>
This is the band I cry to the most and the band I feel's music resonates with me the most. My favorite album by them is Twin Fantasy and favorite song is probably either The Gun Song or Famous Prophets (Minds). I've heard a lot of their stuff and it's incredibly relatable and their music is almost always a sound and melody I end up loving. I want to get the vinyl for Teens Of Style soon even though I didn't like it that much. I've heard almost all of Will's stuff, I just need the numbered albums.
>>
>>61922462
Will here, thanks man
>>
>>61922468
those songs and Twin Fantasy (Those Boys) are my favorite songs
>>
CSH is the worst thing, literally ever
>>
I'm going to listen to Nervous Young Man soon. maybe not today though.

>>61922162
I'm aware you are just trying to bully me, but i will answer.

I merely saw (in national geographic, i think) someone who had an hypothesis about reality itself is just math, not in the sense that it's made from numbers written somewhere, but just pure math. today, i highly disagree with that hypothesis by the way, and i think that even back then i have not agreed with it

The reason i disagree with it is because i think it's more logical to think that the fact math works, is not a result of everything being made from some abstract form of math, but that math is just a result of how reality works. furthermore, for an abstract form of math to be "something" that exists, it implies something that is purely logical rules that takes no space can exist, which is a concept i think is illogical.

Aniway, reading what i wrote back then, it seems what i did is taking a different look at that hypothesis, and suggesting that the way we conceive reality MAY be just our consciousness analyzing that abstract form of math.

The me of today wouldn't make such a statement. I think the way reality and consciousness works is not knowable at this point. we may discover smaller and smaller particles that make up reality, but i think knowing why exactly reality exists at all and what makes any particles even exist is a much bigger challenge, and i'm not even sure if it will ever be possible to research that.
>>
>>61922546
Cool let's fuck
>>
>>61922642
:(

-Will
>>
>>61922697
k
>>
CSH is my favorite band but posting about him here is just asking for shitposts

(favorite album: twin fantasy, favorite songs not on twin fantasy: souls, boxing day, los borrachos, love me too much, open-mouthed boy)

also if the bandcamp guy is here from the other thread i listened to your album on the train today
>>
>>61922707
:^)
>>
>>61922666
that sounds fucking stupid
>>
By the way, in rym they describe "Twin Fantasy" as LGBT related.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/car_seat_headrest/twin_fantasy/

Is Will gay?
>>
>>61921904
Blackstar AOTY
>>
>>61922666
sick trips dude
if you're going to listen to other CSH records i'd recommend Monomania before NYM, as NYM is more of compilation and the entire album's quality isn't as consistent (imo) as NYM

also if you're one of the faggots perpetuating the "will" meme you're only drawing attention to CSH and should consider suicide
>>
>>61922468
Will this is getting embarrassing.
>>
>>61922781
yeah or something and also the album is about a hypothetical gay relationship (i think)
>>
>>61922781
he's a bi low-key furry although his music exists largely outside of his sexuality
>>61922792
fuck i meant to say isn't as consistent as monomania
>>
>>61922792
> you're only drawing attention to CSH
Drawing attention to what? He has to resort to samefag viraling to get people to listen to his music?
>>
>>
>>61922792
I'm not trying to make any meme, and i don't know why you would even think that. my post was completely serious.

And even if i did, your reaction to memes is very extreme imo.
>>
>>61922818
not a hypothetical one, i'm pretty sure he was involved with partydog of lamezone (who later became trans, i think)...the cover and songs on Monomania (the release after twin fantasy, "Times to Die" is actually a twin fantasy outtake) further hint at this (the cover is literally partydog's drawings burning)
>>
>>61922848
absolutely sick meme
>>
>>61922860
wasnt partydog a girl at the time?

i was just under the impression for some reason that twin fantasy was about a romance that will fantasized about having with a doppleganger of himself
>>
>>61922860
When i heard the album i thought they were brothers.
>>
>>61922888
:^)
>>
>>61922835
>>61922848
here's some (you)s please go away now

>>61922857
i wasn't referring to you, i'm sorry if it seemed that way. also i don't react to all memes that way, just the ones from the frustrated cucks on this board
>>
How long until Will gets dropped from his label due to lack of sales and finally gives up writing his boring, derivative music so we don't have to deal with his fucking viraling anymore? Please tell me it's soon.
>>
>>61922848
funny meme
>>
>>61922957
Yeah let's hope its soon
>>
>>61921904
Dude looks like a (more) beta Nathan Williams.

Never listened to him but I assume it's beta indie pop for betas.
>>
>>61922666
lmao kys
>>
>>61922895
i'm sure there's thematic roots in what you're talking about, especially when you look at the lyrics to things like The Gun Song:
But I never asked for immunity
That’s the difference between you and me
All I wanted was someone who was just like me
And I hate myself for that

does anyone have any recs for CSH fans? i generally don't care for today's lo-fi indie rock at all and find it difficult to find shit like his.
yo la tengo - and then nothing turned itself inside out is vaguely similar in my mind, if that helps
>>
Btw, what are some other essential TRU lo-fi artists, other than

Daniel Johnston
Will Toledo
The Music Tapes

??
>>
*other then
>>
>>61923025
Beyonce
>>
>>61923025
people like that Alex G guy a lot but i don't really care for him
Giles Corey is kind of lo-fi and worth mentioning for sure
idk i never really liked toledo because he was lo-fi, more for his obvious musical influences (beach boys, TVU, 90s indie rock)
>>
>>61921904
Twin Fantasy has gotta be my favorite album from them, and honestly, favorite song is a toss up between Beach Life-In-Death, Cute Thing, and Famous Prophets (Minds). I really can't pick just one from those three.
>>
This thread is dieing
>>
>>61923025
Jandek
>>
>>61923024
have you tried "i can hear the heart beat.."?
its more rock than the other ylt you mentioned

obvious include the strokes, guided by voices
>>
So how come you guys say Will is viraling but not, say, KFC Murder Chicks? I'm seeing them mentioned constantly out of nowhere. Sounds suspicious, but no one calls them out on it.
>>
No one is buying this shit, Willy. Please leave /mu/
>>
R.I.P Thread 2016
>>
>>61923189
yeah i've listened to most of yo la tengo's discography, great stuff
not really one for the strokes, but i haven't listened to guided by voices yet...

>>61923212
please don't ask questions that will encourage the shitposters
>>
>>61923226
holy christ you're a cunt
>>
>>61923025
R. Stevie Moore
Tall Dwarfs
Cynthia Dall
>>
>>61923252
tru 2bh
>>
is there a good download of the last album?
>>
>>61923226
why are you here?
>>
>>61923269
>>61923025

Can confirm, for Tall Dwarfs in particular. If you like CSH, you'll probably like Tall Dwarfs just as much.
>>
>>61923300
;^)
>>
>>61923252
>>61923300
he's looking for attention and you're giving him exactly what he wants
>>61923292
Teens of Style? straight from the archive: http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/zwJMBYnw/file.html
>>61923269
>>61923319
damn, thanks for this list, i'll definitely be checking these out!
>>
>>61923212
The focus isn't on them, it's just on their first EP, all their other stuff is meh. Plus they stopped making music suddenly and their fans like the mystery angle. But >>61923247 is right, you're just stirring up shit.
>>
>>61923353
Is it particularly offensive to say that a thread is dieing?
>>
>>61923380
I feel it's more annoying than anything else, especially considering people are still replying to it. Might just be me, though.
>>
>>61923353
Hey don't steal my album. Guys go to my bandcamp and buy it instead please.
>>
>>61923414
Oh. My bad
>>
Disjecta Membra is a great album
>>
Was anyone else surprised by Will's voice the first time hearing him? I mean, compared to how he looks?
>>
90/3/27/1
Quite a thread you got yourself, Will.
>>
>>61923727
Yeah, I was surprised seeing him after I had listened to him
>>
>>61923723
it's inconsistent (Drunk On A Work Night, looking at you) but has some really, really great songs on it that I hope he revisits. Love Me Too Much, KS, and Dream: Encounter on Smoke Mountain are standouts to me
that said i'm a slut for anything CSH related so i ate it right up
>>61923727
I think his voice suits his appearance pretty well, especially when he strains it
>>
>>61921904
does this guy think hes britt walford or something??
>>
>>61922443
I saw you in Spokane :^)

It was great
>>
>>61921904
he's gay but he's okay
>>
>>61923025
Little Kid
>>
>>61923938
i'll show u gay anon

>>61923952
listened to Logic Songs and i'm not going to lie, thought it was trash...lacked all of the interesting structural/harmonic qualities that make CSH shine for me
>>
>will went on /mu/ to share his music years ago and it got picked so obviously he still shills here
>>
>>61923990
You think he (you) would just stop? LOL. Of course he's going to keep doing it.
>>
I guess he kind of cursed himself.
>>
>>61924020
are you really keeping this thread open just so you can shitpost every time someone foolishly tries to argue with you
i honestly can't imagine what it would be like to be that pathetic
>>
Does he ever do Twin Fantasy stuff live?
>>
>>61922739
Bandcamp guy?
>>
>>61924076
Is it hard to type through your tears, Bill?
>>
>>61922835
>implying
You really have nothing better to do than be a prick?
>>
>>61923025
Bob Pollard is the lo-fi god
>>
>>61924161
>I can use green text, too
Will, end your viral marketing. It's not going to work no matter how many times you try to deny it lol.
>>
>>61924139
n-no ;_;

>>61924120
if you were him you'd know, if not i'm going to keep his identity on the DL out of courtesy

i miss the word captchas these picture ones are trash
>>
>>61924020
Your life is a virgin meme
>>
>>61924206
>implying
Stfu faggot. You're real tough behind a keyboard.
>>
>>61924221
Well what did you think of the album then? Did you love it, hate it, what should I review next? Bandcamp guy, forever...
>>
>>61922666
youre still around? lol

arent you israeli or something, or joined the army

or were you the one everyone thought died because of /mu/ bullying
>>
File: car seat.png (616 KB, 1344x944) Image search: [Google]
car seat.png
616 KB, 1344x944
also Car Seat Headrest has gotten a bit of fame because of the actual label release

cmon now guys
>>
>>61925611
I he like 14?
>>
CAR SEAT IS A MENACE
>>
>>61925684
hes only like 22/23 i think
>>
I saw him preform with the Silver Shadows last night. It was a fun show, a little clumsy in places, but quite a few people seemed pretty hyped about it. Glad Matador decided to roster up the project and give Will the chance to do more than just release bandcamp records.
>>
>>61925684
>>61925731
that picture of him is a few years old too

>>61925710
he's also nervous and the lights are bright

>>61925534
are you saying you're him or are you just making le epic fat vegan music reviewer reference
>>
I don't know if will is really making this thread or not but why not, Thanks will, someday I will making music, if that day I get famous or something I will like to say how much Twin Fantasy teach me about songwriting. whatever, I hope more stuff of you, you're a great songwriter, I hope you have a nice day and stuff.

>inb4 hi will

fuck off.
>>
>>61921904
What the fuck its this car seat hearests willtoleda ? wot
>>
Andrew Katz - drums
Jacob Bloom - bass
Amanda Schiano di Cola - trumpet on tracks 5 and 10
Eleni Govetas - saxophone on track 8.
All else - Will Toledo

thats ehh, a band
>>
Teen suicide was better
>>
if this really is will. I took you to see ariel pink and os mutantes in dc, and apparently it was the first time you smoked weed. do you remember me? I think we saw some girls tits the same night it was weird but fun.
>>
>>61928270
also i remember your real name is not toledo. please reach out to me somehow will we watched CHUD
>>
>>61927374
Teen Suicide and Elvis Depressedly 4vr

Teens of Style is my favorite CSHR album so far because it has the same power at higher fidelity and the songs are all good
>>
>>61928487
Album recs from both of those bands?
>>
>used to really like twin fantasy and CSH back in the day
>bought the cassette
>asked will a question on his tumblr and he was rude

still nice music tho, dude seems like a fagget now that his shit got a little recognition

i'm still mad
>>
>>61922424
>cmd f
fag
>>
>>61922957
I went to his show last night in SF there was a ton of people there, like more than when I saw clipping. He's just gonna be around for a while.
>>
>>61928601
Ay, for real? Post the Q, I'd like to read it.
>>
Like your musical progressions good guitar melodies and non generic structures.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.