[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was David Bowie trans*, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: davidbowie2.jpg (620 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
davidbowie2.jpg
620 KB, 2048x1536
Was David Bowie trans*, /mu/?
>>
Here's your reply.
>>
he wasn't even gay
>>
No, that was just excellent method acting for his stage persona, Ziggy Stardust the bisexual alien rock star.

>tfw Bowie helped you accept your bisexuality and higher estrogen levels
>tfw you find out he was a closet heterosexual
>>
he simply isnt anything, his biggest point was individuality, everyone could be oneself, no one needed to label anyone
>>
if he were around today doing that now he'd be criticized by tumblr for wearing "trans blackface" or some shit probably
>>
He was gender-nonconforming but I definitely don't think he was trans. Maybe nonbinary of some sort, but who knows.
>>
>>61916916
if it makes you feel any better, he definitely fucked some dudes
>>
>go to record store with a friend
>pick up Aladdin Sane
>friend asks if I like her music
>>
lol no
bowie never identified as a woman
ziggy stardust was a character, so was the thin white duke. bowie wasn't actually a gay crossdressing white supremacist (which wouldnt make sense), it just was part of the act and fit with the sound of his albums at the time.
>>
>>61916916
He fucked men though, and he identified as bisexual up until the end even though he had more relationships with women. I'd say that Bowie was a legitimate bisexual, not just a gay person who was uncomfortable with telling people he was gay like many self-declared bisexuals today.
>>
File: 13596416311057817524.gif (518 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
13596416311057817524.gif
518 KB, 500x353
>>61917147
>>
>>61917206
>it just was part of the act
No. Some of it was certainly played up to fit a particular album or persona but he really did hold fascist views for a time and he really did have gay sexual relationships and he really did wear women's clothing. Saying "Oh it was just a character" robs these behaviors of significance. Yes they were characters, but they were characters that clearly represented parts of Bowie and his personality.
>>
>>61917147
The fuck does that even mean, nonbinary. Can we stop making up terms for special snowflakes?
>>
>>61917243
he said in an interview that he wasn't really gay and but peer pressure forced him into feeling that way
>>
File: 000000.png (161 KB, 308x301) Image search: [Google]
000000.png
161 KB, 308x301
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4
>>
>>61916848
get with times hun, writing trans with an asterisk is now considered oppressive
>>
>>61917147
god please off yourself
>>
>>61917147
>nonbinary
>using made up tumblr terms unironically
>>
No he's dead
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.