[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips or tricks on singing? I wanna get better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1338234829825.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1338234829825.png
11 KB, 429x410
Any tips or tricks on singing? I wanna get better
>>
Confidence. Believe in yourself
>>
Make a "zzzzzz" like your trying to make a buzzing sound and try to to sing whatever song you wanna sing like that and it'll force you to stay in your range
>>
Just sing. Don't sing up in your head. Sing with your stomach and diaphragm
>>
>>61911988
i've always heard this but i can't tell which i'm doing
>>
>>61912002
ask yourself this question: "am i singing with my head or stomach/diaphragm?" if the answer is "my head" you're singing with your head. if the answer is "my stomach/diaphragm", it's your stomach/diaphragm.
>>
>>61912002
An easy way to tell if you're using your diaphragm is if you pretend to shit, you tighten up stomach and diaphragm, and when you do that you have more air to sing higher.

Singing in your head is basically you trying to reach those notes but you never actually reach them making you strain your voice. You think you are but you never do

That's my way of determining singing in your head. I am not expert but that's how I view it
>>
Sing with your stomach. More air and gives your better range.

>>61911962
Huh. Never thought of that. I'll have to try it
>>
>>61912042
i sing with my mouth and my vocal cords
>>
Use your butt
>>
Idk man
>>
>>61912073
thanks for trying to help
i mean.....i think i'm doing it right, i'm just still not sure
it's kind of like the first time i got high and i wasn't sure if i was inhaling right or if i was actually high
>>
>>61912295
If you breath from your stomach instead of your lungs then it'll help you with singing.
>>
>>61912334
my stomach is an organ for digestion, not respiration
pretty sure i can't breathe from it
i can swallow and force air down into it, but i have no idea how i'd actually breathe from it
>>
>>61912366
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing

It exist dude
>>
>>61912400
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing
ok thanks
and for the record, i'm not trying to be a smartass, i'm really trying to learn something here
>>
>>61911892
sing like eddie vedder, it worked for scott weiland, it works for me.
>>
>>61912431
I know man. I was confused just like you when people said breath through from your stomach
>>
Nigs
>>
how are there so many vocalists that smoke cigs or pot?
shit just takes my vocal range down to nothing and makes it impossible for me to hit notes
>>
>>61912786
Gotta be some secret
>>
>>61912786
Probably lot of practice
>>
File: 1435099454068.jpg (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1435099454068.jpg
19 KB, 499x499
Idk man
>>
>>61912989
yea i imagine they're just way better than me to begin with
>>
>>61912786
Same fám
>>
>>61912786
It doesn't really affect me at least
>>
>>61912446
Anyone similar
>>
>>61911892
Like anything else in the world. You practice. A lot.
That's an understatement.
Try practicing 40 hours a week for 5 years straight. You'll have killer chops. For 8 years? Even more chops. 16862 hours worth of chops
>>
By singing
>>
>>61912989
cig-smoking-singer here, can confirm.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.