[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the best song is I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: petsounds.jpg (248 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
petsounds.jpg
248 KB, 1300x1300
the best song is I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
>>
2nd best
>>
lel rong generashin amiriteXD
>>
>>61889912
Its gotta be GOK, even if it is the pleb option
>>
>>61889947
Whatever you say autismo
>>
>>61889912

actually the best song is the unreleased row row row your boat skit they did

its trippy af if you smoke weed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru75rcwmbP4
>>
>>61889967
This, God Only Knows is God tier
>>
>>61889912
absolutely correct
>>
>>61889912
100% correct. Let's Go Away comes at a close second.

>>61890270
Don't think The Beach Boys even sing on this
>>
Imagine being Mike Love in the Pet Sounds recording sessions and having to be all like "damn, Brian, you fuckin' brilliant, all profound with your pretentious songwriting and horrific cringe-worthy lyrics. I would totally jam this track out with you, both in the studio and in a live show" when all he really wants to do is compose surf rock about babes in your home. Like seriously imagine having to be Mike and not only sit in that chair while Brian sings his disgusting druggy lyrics in front of you, the favorable production barely concealing his high pitch whiny voice, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that song. Not only having to tolerate his fat, boy-like visage but his shy attitude as visitors in the studio tells him he's THE MOST TALENTED SONGWRITER OF ALL TIME and DAMN, BRIAN WILSON WRITES LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his beady fucking aspie face belt out shitty lyrics you didn't even know could be put on paper before that day. You've been creating nothing but a healthy string of surf pop hits with your bandmates and later legal defendant for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the suburbs in Inglewood. You've never even heard anything this fucking artsy fartsy before, and now you swear you can see the sweat that's breaking out on his punchable autistic face as he begins to spew out another verse, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and work with his "provocative (for that is what he calls the song)" masterpiece, the masterpiece he worked so hard for with Wrecking Crew in the previous months. And then the manager calls for another take, and you know you could out-sue every single person in this room before your lawyers could ask for a pay raise, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Mike Love. You're not going to lose your continuing musical career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>61890656
>Don't think The Beach Boys even sing on this
>Brian devoted some Pet Sounds sessions to avant-garde indulgences such as an extended a cappella run-through of the children's song "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" that exploited the song's use of rounds via tape delay and overdubbing. At least half an hour of tape reels exist which involve Brian and friends attempting to create a psychedelic comedy album, foreshadowing much of his work on Smile, which was set to have followed Pet Sounds.[123]

lets go away for awhile is the best song on pet sounds, but the row your boat segment is the best unreleased song overall
>>
so does anybody else think caroline, no is the best song they've ever done
i've searched far and wide but i've yet to find anybody who agrees with me on this

>>61890699
lmao
nicely done desu, haven't seen that pasta in ages
>>
I like I'm waiting for the day a lot
>>
>>61890730
It features only Brian and The Honeys, I don't think any other actual Beach Boys were singing on that track.

And I don't agree that it's the best unreleased song. That goes to Trombone Dixie :)
>>
>>61890814
trombone dixie is boring and forgettable, brian made that off the cuff, complete throwaway

at least the row your boat segment is psych

>It features only Brian and The Honeys, I don't think any other actual Beach Boys were singing on that track.

who gives a shit, brian is the only one worth caring about anyways.
>>
That's Not Me is the best track deus
>>
>>61890699
Brian Wilson didn't even write the lyrics. Never was a songwriter.
>>
The best song is definitely Don't Talk, I've never heard a more impressively composed song in my entire life. The fucking chromatic chord progression yet with Wilson singing a perfectly tonal melody. What a fucking genius
>>
>>61890868
>who gives a shit, brian is the only one worth caring about anyways.
As a composer, sure, but The Beach Boys full blend are the best harmonies in the history of music
>>
1. i'm waiting for the day
2. don't talk
3. wouldn't it be nice
>>
1. Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)
2. Caroline No
3. I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
>>
>>61891120
>take my hand and let me hear your heartbeat
>bass mimics rhythm of a beating heart

brian you kill me
>>
>>61891668
fuck, are you me? that's my exact top 3
>>
1. Sloop John B
>>
>>61889912
>people think there are good songs on this album
>>
File: MTMwNjY0MTIwMTA5Mjc1NjE0.jpg (49 KB, 620x648) Image search: [Google]
MTMwNjY0MTIwMTA5Mjc1NjE0.jpg
49 KB, 620x648
Sloop John B and God Only Knows are the correct choices
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.