[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How you go from Tupac, Jay Z, ATCQ, Public Enemy, Biggie, etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
How you go from Tupac, Jay Z, ATCQ, Public Enemy, Biggie, etc. guys speaking out about real shit to Young Thug, Drake, etc. fruitcakes who sing about fucking bitches and cocaine ods
>>
>>61880499
have you been on this website before
>>
>who sing about fucking bitches and cocaine ods

so what, 80's/90's rock?
>>
File: Seriously.jpg (44 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.jpg
44 KB, 340x480
>>61880499
>this thread
>>
>>61880516
nah i browse a couple other boards barely this one tho
>>61880521
that shit just sucks in general tho
>>61880574
bruh
too far
>>
Because its meme music
>>
>inb4 gb2 reddit
>inb4 fedora pic
>>
>hating on based thugger
kill yourself
>>
regardless if the OP is being ironic or not, this is such a stupid subject to discuss at this point because it's either a) the top comment you see on every 90s hiphop youtube video or b) a really unoriginal attempt at being funny
>>
50s: Elvis
60s: Beatles
70s: Bowie
80s: Michael Jackson
90s: Nirvana
00s: Lil Wayne
10s: Drake

Rappers are the new rockstars faggot.
>>
I blame Eminem.

He made it accessible to white people, so they started talking about stuff that white people consider hardcore in hopes of making more money.

And it worked. So now everyone raps about shit that don't matter to the streets. Hip Hop is dead.
>>
I was a huge fan of rap in general for a short while. Not that my brother loves Kanye and Kendrick I guess I realized how goofy/dorky it is when I look at most white high school/ college age kids are obsessed with rap. I don't hate it, but I'm just like eh I enjoy certain shit like Wu tang a lot though
>>
>>61880664
IT'S BEEN THAT WAY FOR A MINUTE, HEDI SLIMANE
>>
>>61880499
its know its bait but i'll bite
there was always bad rappers. the thing is that with everything genre that gain popularity, comes people who flanderize it so its easy and pretty lazy to reproduce but that doesnt mean that good artists of this genre stop existing its just that they dont get radio time until one of them gain mainstream recognition.
>>
>real shit

like what, shooting people

gangsta rap was the worst thing that ever happened to hip-hop

hip-hop literally could have been better than jazz
>>
>>61880695
>blaming shady
i rather blame soulja boy bow wow/young money waka flocka flame, chief keef and future.
>>
>Drake/Young Thug/etc. = something like Ja Rule in the 00s or Big Daddy Kane/MC Hammer/etc. in the 90s, pop rappers very much of their time that'll lose popularity as the next decade rolls around and become a punchline
>Yung Lean/Death Grips/Lil B/etc. = slightly underground stuff liked by college kids like Deltron 3000 etc. were in the 90s
>Kendrick = 2pac
>Kanye = Dre
>Ilovemakonnen, Bobby Shmurda, White Iverson, OG Genesis and other one hit wonder meme rap = Sir Mix-a-lot type shit, novelty

its the same shit different people m8
>>
>>61880757
i'd rather listen to that than the g-rated cornball 80s shit where people rapped about their cars or like dr seuss
>>
>>61880849
toasting was corny yes but hip-hop was only just finding its feet at that point

now it is inseparably linked to this abhorrent image of gang lifestyle
>>
>>61881024
Mainstream rap maybe
>>
>>61880499
Because white people as a fan base completely change everything about hip hop.
>>
>>61881055
ooOOOoh he's political!
he's political!
>>
>>61881077
There's been amateur studies and shit.

White people completely set the genre on a new path.
>>
>>61881099
I'll do an amateur study of your mom's asshole bud
>>
old rap is ass. young thug the goat
>>
File: willsmithjordan.jpg (46 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
willsmithjordan.jpg
46 KB, 500x401
>>61880499
get jiggy on this dick
>>
>>61880664
00s and 10s not both Kanye. Fucking kill yourself, PLEASE.
>>
>>61881219
this
>>
>>61880664
bowie is the 70s for you lmaaaaoo

you have no taste in music.

hes good. but not that good faggot.
>>
>>61881252
not that guy but who would you put? LZ?
>>
>>61880499
Plastic in the water.
>>
>>61881252
then who is? pink floyd or queen you fucking redditor?
>>
Young Thug smells looks like an African ice cream cone
>>
>>61880664
>80s not Van Halen
top kek
>>
lol you know shit about hip hop
>>
>>61880499
Lmao nigga is it your first run on /mu/ ?
>>
>all those pics of Tupac posing withhis perfectly sculpted body, soft focus, oiled chest

but yeah OP prettyboy pop stars are totes a problem with "current" hip hop
>>
>>
>>61881485
tupac was literally a ballet dancer
literally
look it up
>>
File: 1453040548779.png (420 KB, 880x590) Image search: [Google]
1453040548779.png
420 KB, 880x590
>>61882250
>>
>>61880499
listen to kendrick, vince staples

they are unapologetically racist and go hard basically

not fruitcake shit
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1024x768
Don't get hip-hop,rap,trap,and drill confused.
You can't fully appreciate the simplicity unless you rap for yourself,it's less about subject matter,more about the culture all my nigga's freestyle and when you're around that you appreciate it freestyling isn't the easiest so hearing things that pop is hyped.
also "memerap" is hyphy music you
i appreciate the culture me being one who makes improptu hyphy tracks.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 768x1024
>>61880499
Young Pappy,Flatbush Zombies,Lil Reese,Benji Glo
East Coast lit, rip Pap
>>
>>61882250
yasssss
>>
>>61881373
ok
>>
blame chief keef, soulja boy, lil b, and yung lean
>>
>>61882760

kek
>>
>>61880757
>hip-hop literally could have been better than jazz
tfw it's true, it never were though
>>
>>61882389
ftr I don't actually think hip hop not being HHARD FO THE STREETS is a bad thing, nor is the opposite. The whole idea behind the thread is fucking dumb because it creates this retarded false dichotomy of what hip hop "should" be, when in reality it can and should be anything and it hasn't actuallg shifted further to one direction.

Also Tupac is overrated as fuck and OP has bad taste. The fact that he was fake as shit isn't why, his music just wasn't great, and it makes it that much funnier when people like OP complain about hip hop getting "soft" while championing his highly homoerotic image.
>>
>>61881252
dude being an icon has nothing to do with quality
>>
>>61880664
Swap Wayne for Kanye and you're pretty much dead on
>>
>>61880664
all shit

>>61881219
>>61885677
nah, kanye is actually decent, the list is of objectively shit memes
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.