[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello there /mu/ i've been thinking about buying myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2012-10-23181754_zpse567b0a0.jpg (265 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-23181754_zpse567b0a0.jpg
265 KB, 800x533
hello there /mu/
i've been thinking about buying myself a turntable for casual listening, but i just realized that i don't really know alot about them.
what do you guys recommend? what pricerange will give me the best bang for my buck?
i also want to get seperate speakers with it, but do know something about speakers so i guess i'll be fine with that
>>
Sorry, I think meant record player.
English isn't my first language...
>>
selfbump
>>
Stay away from Crosley.
>>
Just buy a second hand one, I can't really give you any recs though since I don't know shit about them
Also as far as speakers and amplifiers goes /g/ might be a better place for that, also reddit (in all seriousness, not all reddit is default subs)
>>
>>61870894
as a Crosley owner, why? I got one because it was cheap, I have good speakers, and i just wanted a disposable temporary player so I could listen to a few albums before my collection starts growing. Am I a blind consumer?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 246x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 246x357
>>61873089
>mfw people unironically use Crosleys
>>
I would suggest buying everything secondhand, old stereo equipment from the 70s and 80s is usually better a better value and more reliable than things made after that. Look around at thrift stores and whatnot and see what you can find. Same for speakers and a receiver/amp

>>61869910
both turntable and record player are correct
>>61873089
crosleys put a huge amount of damage/wear on the grooves, I hope you don't care about those records
>>
>>61873242
I already explained, its because im currently poorfag status. just answer the question.
>>
>>61873089
The thing with Crosley, anon, is that it is quite shit. It'll destroy your records and you won't even notice until you get a real turntable/stereo system.
>>
>>61873278
>>61873258
well that I did not know. Brb throwing record player away
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 300x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 300x318
>>61873296
good move
>>
>>61869854
Get an LP 120.
An LP 60 is okay but doesn't have a counterweight. However, the tracking on the tonearm is good enough for most lps but will wear on your records after a while.

Do not get a Crosley. Shit tonearm, shit stylus, shit built in speakers. Just shit all around. All-in-one setups all are shit. Stay away from them as a rule of thumb. Avoid ceramic cartridges as well. When you start buying records support your local record store, check all used ones before you buy them, and never touch any by the grooves. It's only an expensive hobby if you enjoy major label releases or represses of shit that almost never needs to be repressed so enjoy yourself.
>>
>>61873392
As someone with an ATLP120, I can confirm that it's probably the best turntable you can get. Though it is completely manual (hence, no auto-return), it is perfect for anyone wanting to really get into the whole vinyl collecting thing.
All-in-one players suck because the speakers can't be played too loud, or the vibrations on the box risk reaching the stylus and destroying the record. It's a slow death for your beloved 12"s.
Audio-Technica is a great great brand, but TEAC, Pioneer, Sony are also worth checking out.
The thing with vinyls is that even the most casual listeners should make sure their players aren't crosley-tier. It's worth forking out to have a decent setup than risking the loss of your music.
>>
>>61873511
>I can confirm that it's probably the best turntable you can get
you meant in the price range right?
I gotta disagree here, you can still get a better table for under 250 if you look around for a good used one
>>
Not OP, but I want thoughts on Detrola.
>>
>>61873677
AudioTechnica is actually pretty good sempai. Professional grade quality and up there with the likes of the SL100
>>
>>61873677
For a new cheap, LP120 is the way to go. If you have more money, definitely invest in something like a Pro-Ject Carbon or a Uturn.
>>
>>61873807
>>61873777
I never said ATLP120s are bad, it's pretty good turntable. Im just saying you can get a better used turntable for cheaper if you look around
>>
>>61873729
literally just a crosley
>>
>>61874145
Okay

Time to save up again
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.