[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do 9gaggers hate this man so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: kanye-west_U3vUa.jpg (2 MB, 2148x3000) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west_U3vUa.jpg
2 MB, 2148x3000
Why do 9gaggers hate this man so much
>>
Because they're the cousin that stole his laptop
>>
>>61866749
because of how contrarian 4chan is
>>61866766
probably this too.
>>
why do redditors like him so much
>>
Because of their inability to look past the media's portrait of Kanye.
>>
Probably also because they circlejerk about being weird and unique, which they are not, as they get their panties in a twist when someone really weird like Kanye comes up.
>>
File: okay.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>61866859
>someone really weird like Kanye
ha
>>
File: Expert.jpg (58 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
Expert.jpg
58 KB, 600x813
>>61866749
If you really want to know the answer:
9gag is heavily based on constantly repeating others' opinions (even when they're not funny or relevant), mainly because it seems to get you a lot of upvotes. And I don't mean repeating in the moderate or slightly creative way memes are reposted and slightly altered like they are on 4chan. Now every once in a while, someone comes with a different opinion, which at first is shunned but eventually gets more and more upvotes every time it is repeated; a paradigm shift, you could call it.

Now 9gag used to be real heavy on the dadrock and lewronggeneration side. Kanye being one of the most famous pop-artists at the time got a lot of hate. But after a while, when the meme "lol popmusic sux Kanye is stupid" became too stale even for 9gag, someone started the reaction "Kanye is a genius, he is one of the only worthwhile artists of our time". Now I haven't been on 9gag for a few years, so I don't really know what they're into right now. If it is as OP states, then another paradigm shift has taken place.
>>
>>61866900
Kanye is imo one of the weirdest guys out there. I legit have no idea what is going in that guy's head. I find Death Grips predictable, compared to Kanye,
>>
>>61866749
They're lewronggenerationers

They also think Queen, Nirvana and Guns N' Roses are great I'm sure
>>
>>61867035
My main explanation for this is that some reddit-9gag traffic were frequent visitors of r/lewronggeneration and thought they had found the new contrarian opinion
>>
>>61867065
>Not liking In Utero
What a fucking faggot
>>
>>61867212
I never said I didn't like In Utero, or Nirvana.
>>
>>61867047
this is so true. death grips pretend to be 'random' and 'chaotic' while kanye is actually just a fucking nut with music and people skills.
>>
File: internetcommunities.jpeg.jpg (265 KB, 953x719) Image search: [Google]
internetcommunities.jpeg.jpg
265 KB, 953x719
>>61867035
I gotcha covered with this handy comic, senpai.
>>
>>61867811
Did you just make this? It's fucking accurate.
>>
Because despite the praise he gets, he still fucking sucks.
>>
>>61866808
This
>>
>>61867811
saving this shit for future use
thanks anon
>>
>>61866808
They don't
>>
>>61867035
If you really want to know the answer:
4chan is heavily based on constantly repeating others' opinions (even when they're not funny or relevant), mainly because it seems to get you a lot of replies. And I don't mean repeating in the moderate or slightly creative way memes are reposted and slightly altered like they are nowhere ever. Now every once in a while, someone comes with a different opinion, which at first is shunned but eventually gets more and more replies every time it is repeated; a paradigm shift, you could call it.

Now 4chan used to be real heavy on the memerap and lerightgeneration side. Freddie Mercury being one of the most famous pop-artists of the time got a lot of hate. But after a while, when the meme "lol dadrock sux Queen is stupid" became too stale even for 4chan, someone started the reaction "Freddie Mercury is a genius, he is one of the only worthwhile artists of our time". Now I haven't been on 4chan for a few years, so I don't really know what they're into right now. If it is as OP states, then another paradigm shift has taken place.
>>
>>61868074
Its originally about monkeys getting sprayed with water for going up a ladder to get a banana, I just changed it to fit this thread famm
>>
>>61868266
They do.
>>>/r/hhh
>>>/r/lwg
>>
>>61868336
Are you retarded?
>>
>>61868350
Are you a redditor? Time to head back home, poptimist bitch.
>>
The Kanye circlejerk is going pretty hard in this thread. Why do Kanye fans get so angry and condescending when someone doesn't like a type of music that they do?
>>
File: 1396412347220.png (794 KB, 1120x1240) Image search: [Google]
1396412347220.png
794 KB, 1120x1240
>>61868378
>>
File: 1452612584755.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1452612584755.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>61867811
>>
>>61868333
Yeah, I've seen the original countless times. This is perfect, it's wonderfully accurate.
>>
>>61868074
>>61868482
It it's only accurate if you're a typical condescending drone who can't accept the opinions of others without resorting to baseless strawmans and fallacies like a teen.
>>
>>61868527
This. Kanye isn't even that bad but his fans are fucking cancer.
>>
>>61868527
Listen man, not everyone that defends Kanye is a fucking drone or fanatic or whatever you are projecting onto me right now. I'm not a big Kanye fan, I listened to 2 Kanye albums, one of which I don't even particularly like, but I respect him nonetheless. If you don't like his music, it's totally okay. What I'm going against however is the kind of people that hate Kanye for the mere sake of hating Kanye, that is ridiculous.
>>
>>61866749
because he has an extreme personality. he either gives you an excess amount of things to hate about him, or an excess of things to love about him. can we close this debate now?
>>
Because he's
>Le gay fish xD
>>
>>61868809
That's what people do, though. Kanye is not a likable guy or at least doesn't present himself as such, and naturally makes people avoid him and his music. You're also under no obligation to respect him for his efforts or whatever bullshit; that's a hive mind mentality that reddit is famous and hated for.

The monkey comic seemed to say that everyone who hates Kanye does it because others do, which is a fallacy that Kanye fans seem to ignore every time they collectively cum to the man's supposed genius.

This is all coming from someone who did enjoy MBDTF. Stop trying to defend someone you don't know.
>>
>>61867811
>monkeys
>pictures of chimps
And i'm not talking about Kanye eyyy
>>
>>61869032
You're just making assumptions about me and go against those, that's the literal definition of straw man fallacy. I have my reasons for respecting him. Besides, he is sympathetic to me, I like him. The hate against him is often very superficial and unjustified. My fucking mother tells me about how much she hates him every time I visit her, because of the yahoo headlines she reads every day. On social media, people are circlejerking about how much they hate him and about how talentless he is, which he is not, as he proved with his early production work. If you don't like his music or his appearence in the media, just ignore him, but the hate circlejerk I see on social media every once in a while disgusts me. He is the scapegoat of the media and the music industry and that is ridiculous.
>>
>>61870253
Kanye is a piece of talentless shit, all his songs are shit
>>
>>61870362
I disagree. There are artists that I like a lot more, and I'm not a particular big fan of his music, but I can't deny his talent.
>>
>>61870253
I did not make a simple assumption about you besides the fact you probably do not know Kanye well. Are you referring to the person you originally replied to? Even in that case no assumptions were made directly at you. Grow thicker skin.

>you have your reasons
Share them, you're on an anonymous image board. And how is he sympathetic to you? Do you know him personally?

>your mother
If that is her choice, so be it. The media would not make him out to be a polarizing figure if he gave them no reason to do so. I highly doubt your mother bitches 'every time' you go see her, too. Forgive me for making a plausible assumption based on evidence, but it seems as if you bring Kanye up to her and constantly seek out Kanye criticisms so as to influence your already angry and defensive position on the matter.

>he is the scapegoat
I don't necessarily see him hating this attention. Why do you care so much about the irrelevant YouTube and Facebook commenters that rail on him?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.