[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, it's fair to say he left Tyler in the dust in practically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: Earl-Sweatshirt1.jpg (125 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
Earl-Sweatshirt1.jpg
125 KB, 600x840
So, it's fair to say he left Tyler in the dust in practically all facets right?
>>
File: 1453069299811.gif (11 KB, 323x76) Image search: [Google]
1453069299811.gif
11 KB, 323x76
>>
>>61830899
equivalent of not knowing the mountain goats on this board
>>
>>61830862
Who cares they're all terrible
>>
>>61830862
yes
>>
>>61830990
>Mountain Goats
Literally who?
>>
>>61830862
He's.way uglier than Tyler that's for sure
>>
Tyler had such a great thing going for him, then somewhere down the road he decides to throw away his potential and create music that appeals to shitty, delinquent, high school kids. Bastard was great, Goblin was dope as fuck, Wolf was underwhelming and mind numbing at points, and Cherry Bomb is a ducking disaster. Felt like as though he got inspiration from the cut scenes of Sonic Adventure 2. Instrumentals were so loud, I could hear what the fuck Tyler was saying.

Earl has him eating his dust at this point. This man is taking hip-hop and putting such melancholic twist to it. Very emotional. very serious. You can even tell Earl has grown as a person during his live performances. I've seen him break up this random crowd surfing and pit-like behavior just to get people to listen to him perform. You can easily see he's done with all this childish shit. I can't wait for future releases from Earl.
>>
Fucking*
Couldn't*
>>
>>61831088
I'm pretty much on board with this post
>>
>>61831075
stfu he gets 100x more puss then you ever will ya neckbeard
>>
>>61830862
>So, it's fair to say he left Tyler in the dust in practically all facets right?

Yes, though Tyler is a lot more talented than Earl, if Tyler can make more music like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af1ePmCW4ZY

then he can easily surpass Earl. Tyler has a much better rapping verse and Earl gets old pretty fast.
>>
>>61830862
Yeah, Cherry Bomb fucking sucked. Tyler is a better producer for the time being although I heard Earl was working with Knxwledge and Alchemist so maybe not
>>
>>61831010
nah Earl is one of the best in the current generation of rappers

him and Wiki contending for top spot
>>
File: 1449774911624.webm (676 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449774911624.webm
676 KB, 640x480
>>61831649
>Knxwledge and Alchemist

oh god yes please
>>
He was always the best one out of all of them the rest were nowhere near his level, they maintained relevancy by riding the wave of his return. Once he returned it was over for them.
>>
File: Earl_Sweatshirt_Doris.jpg (18 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Earl_Sweatshirt_Doris.jpg
18 KB, 316x316
>>61830862
>he left Tyler in the dust in practically all facets right?
I thought so before earl dropped IDLS and Tyler Dropped Cherry Bomb. Doris was my shit and I didn't like any of tyler's shit as much. But they kind of flip flopped with their latest albums.
>>
>>61831763
Interesting, I actually thought IDLS was pretty great
>>
>>61831975
it was miles ahead of Snoris desu
>>
If Earl got better beats to go with his rapping, then I'd enjoy his music much, much more.
>>
>>61832059
>implying Earl doesn't have good beats
>>
>>61832074
I don't like them
>>
>>61832002
fuck off with this desu and senpai bullshit already you twat
>>
>hip hop is about nothing but lyricism
uhhhh
>>
>>61830990
>on this board
/mu/ doesn't even particularly like Earl. Back to /r/lwg.
>>
Believe it or not but its been 6yrs this year since they were really hot. Which makes the edgy teens that listened to their music, 22.
>>
>>61831088
excellent post, you should post it as a thread
>>
>>61830862
in music yeah seems like it

that's pretty good then because i don't like shit i don't go outside was on its own level of angst and experiment and was a fucking great album
>>
>>61831088
>People still not realizing that Wolf was Tyler's best work

Yea, Earl has grew up more than T. However, he still feels lonely doing things on his own. Keeps complaining about his flaws
>>
KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL
>>
>>61832114
then you have bad opinions
>>
>>61832225
>T.
leave

>>61832226
this is so cringe
>>
>>61831088
The only really good thing about Goblin was some of the guest verses
>>
DUDE MATURITY LMAO
>>
>>61831088
Wolf>Bastard>Goblin>Cherry Bomb
>>
Earl is the most borecore rapper out there. Depression doesn't have to be so fucking dull.
>>
>>61832398
I will admit that his stuff needs a bit more, I dunno, "pep"...but overall I think he'll truly blossom over the next few years. I can feel it, he's gonna drop something crazy
>>
Earl is the most transparent, boring rapper out there. Takes himself way too seriously
>"all the production on the album is gonna be minimalist and lo-fi
>"because I'm depressed, Tyler!"
>"yea this songs gonna be called grief, on account of my depression"
>"maybe I can abuse some Xanax, so I have something to write about. I'm so mature"
>"did I mention I'm depressed. And grown"
>>
>>61832464
is he releasing anything this year?
>>
>>61832492
Nothing confirmed but probably
>>
>>61832130
Believe it or not some artists can keep a fanbase for more than 6 years.
>>
>>61831088
cherry bomb was his best work

and moshing is fun as fuck
>>
>>61832492
>>61832512

he played 6 new songs recently somewhere. IDLSIDGO was finished early in the last year. He would've been working on it for a while.
>>
>>61832490
its not necessarily what it's about but how he says it

he's very poetic and fluent with his lyrics

>on account of my depression

yeah, he's actually discussing and using his emotion in his music, that's what is right with this album
>>
>>61832541
obviously they didnt
>>
>>61831396
"getting puss" doesn't mean you aren't ugly rofl he looks like an ape
>>
>>61832891
Are you retarded? Earl still has tons of fans.
>>
>>61832490

this, thank you
>>
>>61831690
>wiki
>top rapper

Lol so sad. Wiki fans are convinced he's good yet he has none of the qualities of a good or memorable rapper. Just utterly forgettable and makes boring trash music. I bet you think fbz is good and ab soul is deep
>>
>>61832730
yeah he's not poetic though. clever maybe, sometimes, but poetic, hell fucking no. too self centered and superficial to write poetic lyrics. it's never coming from a place of sincerity
he whines the entire album about missing his grandmother while knowing damn well he was getting fucked up on a bunch of drugs when he had the chance to visit her on her death bed. maybe if he actually acknowledged that, the flaws that don't make him look artistic or cool to plebs, I'd take him seriously. talking about depression just because it's what's hip right now doesn't make anyone poetic. kid's still got a lot of growing up to do, despite what he himself thinks
>>
>>61831088
Nah earls new music sucks. Completely self indulgent and boring. Tyler may be self indulgent but at least he doesn't Act like he's so deep. Cherry bomb was an excellent album. The only thing holding back Tyler rn is his shit tier lyrics. He's a great producer with his own sound. He just had 0 things to talk about.
>>
Why does tumblr like OF so much? I would have thought that a bunch of angry feminists would hate them on general principle.
>>
>>61830862
i would say earl is better but not by much he is sort of hard to listen to now days as his content is more serious and sort of emo i never really understand what hes going on about but it does have some good writing to it
>>
>>61833387

I would say a certain group liked them mostly on Tumblr when OF was blowing up and that was really just because of their humor/sometimes relatable tweets/darkness/edginess

Now I don't think it's as much besides some girls who think Tyler is cute and funny because of his old vines and instagram posts, a bunch probably dont even listen to him
>>
>>61833355

This is BS. If you watched his interview with NPR you'd know he admitted his faults and he's tried to clean up several times but realizes in the end he benefits from ocassional weed usage for creativity & relaxation. I myself agree with this. He even had the hook on the song Sunday that said "My dreams got more vivid when I stopped smoking pot" Really says a lot. He also talked about his failed relationship and troubles with love, losing friends, anxieties of coming back in the limelight and on IDLS he mentioned some more of that and dealing with overcoming depression and hardships in his life.

I think he's clearly more intelligent than Tyler in some aspects, has expressed love of philosophy, has great music taste and his production and lyricism is wonderful. Great dude. Love all his stuff, even his old darker stuff. He's blunt and can come off as rude/pretentious but if you really get him, you'll love him. He also is surprisingly quite funny. I'm glad he moved on from OF/Tyler though. He needed to, it was time. The guy is in his twenties now, it was gonna happen eventually. And clearly, they're still cool as far as we know. People grow up. The movement they had won't be soon forgotten and we got some great relatable stuff in their prime. Goblin to me in highschool was amazing. Bastard too. Not as big on the later stuff from him but he's older as well so stuff changes. I liked some of Cherry Bomb but as someone else said, he has nothing more to say. I however still like Earl's stuff mostly.
>>
>>61830862
the whole thing is marketing you dumb cunt. tyler appeals to the immature, edgy teenagers while earl reels in the late teens/early 20s midly depressed college kids who just found out about drugs, politics and tumblr. it's a good way to reel in the whole market under the odd future umbrella
>>
>>61832349
This tbqh familia
>>
>>61832349

Bastard > Goblin > Wolf > Cherry Bomb

Objectively.

Bastard was great because it was raw, his most creative & dark without being too edgy and tryhard. It felt pretty real and different when it came out. Easily his magnum opus.

Goblin was good but not as good as Bastard. However, it's vastly overhated for the wrong reasons. I do think he tried to be edgy a bit too much and some of the production isn't amazing but the lyrics are at his best, the storytelling is amazing (See: Title track, Radicals, Golden and Her) and it feels like his best album because you can really feel his depression on it. It's really well done and real.

Wolf is good but I think it's overrated and too safe for him. The production is an improvement but the lyricism is sub-par for the time period, the album isn't that cohesive (Tamale and Treehome on the same album?) and it seems he couldn't decide what he wanted his persona to be on the album. It's too mixed up and some songs are forgettable. I also find the storyline a little annoying and forced.

Cherry Bomb is easily his worst as we all mostly agree on. It has some highlights though, I really like Okaga Ca, Find Your Wings and 2Seater. Smuckers and Deathcamp are decent as well. But the rest of album suffers from poor mixing because of too much DeathGrips worshipping, forgettable songs with random and mediocre lyrics and barely a concept.
>>
>>61834895

Eh, I see your points but really Tyler also has some great songs that aren't edgy (Treehome95, Analog 2, Wheels, Find Your Wings) and while there's not as many, I also think a lot of people relate to his older lyrics and remember he was only 18 when he started and of course his eye for detail and production is pretty awesome.

Earl could also be seen that way from a certain perspective but I just love how real & relatable his lyrics are, how introspective he can be and how he's just blunt and to the point. He also doesn't ever give in for money/sell out.
>>
>>61834994

good true
>>
>>61830862
not really

both cherry bomb and i dont like shit were very good for different reasons
>>
File: tumblr_nxu4tqIGEE1rpdjdro1_1280.jpg (296 KB, 580x715) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxu4tqIGEE1rpdjdro1_1280.jpg
296 KB, 580x715
>>61831707

Earl and Knxwledge working together happened because NxWorries (Anderson .Paak x Knxwledge) opened for Earl on his Ready To Leave Tour last year.
>>
>>61833366
I didn't get the impression that the album was trying to be deep. The thing is barely half an hour long, it felt like he was just trying to work through his shit and show a snapshot of what he's dealing with
>>
>>61832624
Found the angry teenager
>>
>>61831088
>then somewhere down the road he decides to throw away his potential and create music that appeals to shitty, delinquent, high school kids.
His first release?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.