[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SXSW BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: _20160117_145412.jpg (379 KB, 1440x2450) Image search: [Google]
_20160117_145412.jpg
379 KB, 1440x2450
SXSW BTFO
>>
>>61819219
Whom?
>>
it's true, sxsw is awful

most of the medium-large acts who play it only do so for financial reasons.
>>
yeah i remember reading how sxsw is just filled with the children of corporate execs or something like that. soured me on it all.
>>
>>61819271
The guy from Yellow Swans who now does killer technoise
>>
I'm still gonna go to the good free shows.
>>
>>61819356
Have fun spending half the time commuting through the traffic jam!

Keep on the lookout for bottom-of-the-barrel record label mobster fucks!
>>
>>61819570
Just walk?

>Keep on the lookout for bottom-of-the-barrel record label mobster fucks!
I'm not even sure what that's in reference to.
>>
>>61819649
Word of advice: Just don't get too drunk if the drinks are free.
>>
>>61819705
Getting wasted at SXSW shows is great. Once I did shots with Hannibal Buress at an afterparty while Kendrick and Chance broke the top floor of the mansion we were in. I was plastered on free Titos and blueberry Red Bull.
>>
>>61819356
nah
>>
SXSW is fine. Last year I went to a show with no line that had Twerps, Viet Cong, Hundred Waters, and Alvvays for free with an open bar. Yeah before I payed $5 to see Mark Kozelek, Angel Olsen, Mas Ysa, and Forest Swords in a beautiful, quiet church. As long as you avoid the bro shows where you wait in line for hours then it's really not that bad.
>>
schoolboy q complained about how shitty SXSW was
>>
>>61820642
>SXSW is fine
lol
>>
>>61820943
It is. Only butthurt Austinites who don't know what it's like to live in a real city get mad at it.
>>
What did Balam Acab have to do with SXSW in the first place? If somebody thought they were allotting their money to him for legitimate reasons then he doesn't have the right to be a prick. I agree with him and Swanson but he's not above it. It's the arena he decided to participate in. There shouldn't have been anything misleading about him participating at SXSW at all. There should be a blurb on his Twitter "WILL LICENSE MUSIC TO L'OREAL FOR $$$".
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.