[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on Hozier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 81HNJKyPWHL._SL1500_.jpg (372 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81HNJKyPWHL._SL1500_.jpg
372 KB, 1500x1500
What's /mu/'s opinion on Hozier?
>>
Take Me To Church is a good song
>>
>>61815189
Have you listened to anything else by him? Take me to Church is by far one of his worst.
>>
>>61815189

he can't even reach his own notes live lol
>>
>>61815133
Shit sucks.

My fat ex used to listen to this guy all day tho.
>>
>>61815189
I've said it before, but I'm sick of pop stars thinking they're being insightful or edgy by saying "hey guys, the church doesn't like gays!" It's played-out, condescending and increasingly inaccurate.
>>
Okay, everybody, Take Me To Church aside, this album is golden. Like c'mon, how could you dislike it? Work Song? Jackie and Wilson? Sedated? In A Week? Good shit 9/10
>>
I like him.
>>
>>61815133
>le ebin artsy rawk band xDD
Bad but not unhearable.
>>
>>61815133

He's not as bad as Take Me To Church would have you believe. The rest of the album is alright soul and gospel inspired folk rock, but if he and his label aren't careful he's gonna be the next Gotye.
>>
>>61815204
Funny, that's the only song by him i find palatable
>>
Hozier has a lot of blues, R&B influences, incorporated into Chamber Pop and Blues Rock, Folk Rock too.

Thing is, plebs thoroughly enjoy Take Me To Church because its just that: a simple pop song. Don't get me wrong, doesn't mean its bad, but its so simple and Hozier is known to be skilled on guitar with blues riffs and the like, that it leaves MUCH to be desired.

You get a little more out of songs like Jackie and Wilson, From Eden, and It Will Come Back because they have a bit more variety in them but retain the R&B feeling.

Its particularly fun to play his songs and incorporate your own improv into songs at certain points.

Point being, I like some of his music, but it leaves more to be desired. Hopefully he won't make shit like Foreigners God again, playing an enjoyable combination of chords for 3+ minutes makes you Bieber tier.
>>
i enjoy hozier.

i recently learned Cherry Wine on guitar, it's now one of my favorite songs to play.
>>
>>61815133
he is the worst thing to come out of my country since bono
>>
>>61815133
>listening to christian rock
>>
>>61816965
agreed

too much american influence
>>
GF is obsessed with him
he's not bad
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.