[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here use mediamonkey? I've heard its better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: MediaMonkey_logo_610.jpg (34 KB, 610x506) Image search: [Google]
MediaMonkey_logo_610.jpg
34 KB, 610x506
anyone here use mediamonkey?

I've heard its better than itunes for pc. if not this, what should I use?
>>
>>61815053
musicbee if you want something similar to itunes but with less bs
foobar if you want a shitload of costumization options
>>
>>61815053
musicbee or foobar are what most of /mu/ uses
I use musicbee. it's lightweight, runs well, and has good tools for large library management.
foobar didn't work on my computer for some reason that's why I don't use it but afaik it's got all the same features as musicbee but with a bit more customizability.
>>
>>61815053
I use it. It's ok.
>>
>>61815053
mediamonkey is really fucking bloated, crashes easily especially if you use custom skins

foobar2000 is much better, very compact and simple
>>
>>61815053
but yes, almost anything is better than itunes.

mediamonkey at least has the benefit of scan-based library management like foobar does. you give it a directory and it automatically includes anything within that directory.

iShit uses an xml table to keep track of the library, which causes duplicates, mismatches, can get corrupted etc
>>
>>61815053
I used it for a long time, then moved to MusicBee which is similiar but even better
>>
>>61815053
>pc
It's OK to use the abbreviation “PC” to refer to a certain kind of computer hardware, but please don't use it with the implication that the computer is running Microsoft Windows. If you install GNU/Linux on the same computer, it is still a PC.

The term “WC” has been suggested for a computer running Windows.
>>
>>61815461
/g/ pls nobody cares about your meme OS
>>
op here

the thing i really liked about itunes was the ability to drag files in and have them automatically sorted in the itunes music folder.

i chose mediamonkey because i read it was good at that. is foobar the same?

also, i have an iphone so i'd like to be able to sync it. mediamonkey seems to be able to do all this stuff but if something else is better id prefer to know now since im just getting my new "wc" set up.
>>
>>61815485
i run osx fagtron
>>
>>61815053
it's just as bad as itunes. just as bloated, but somehow even less practical as a musicplayer. musicbee is ok, foobar is goat because you can personalize it to your exact specifications if you have the time
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.