[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all these people trying to force themselves to like Bowie's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>all these people trying to force themselves to like Bowie's albums because they actually believe his hilariously mediocre music is behind his success, not just his style and image
>>
talentless hack
>>
small dick post
>>
>>61810993
ikr
shit is hilarious
>>
>>61810993
>all these contrarians....etc.

shits on you, i haven't heard a full bowie album before i downloaded the blackstar leak which left me breathless. and ever since i've been listening to his albums chronologically and they are all fucking good, especially compared to other popular rock music
>>
>>61811190
No, you just have 1 Bowie album on repeat and hope that if you play it 45th time it finally clicks and you can fit in le patrician club.
>>
>doesn't like any Bowie album
>still pretends to be a music fan
>>
File: fed.gif (450 KB, 240x134) Image search: [Google]
fed.gif
450 KB, 240x134
>>61810993
>posts that really make you think
>>
listened to his first 3-4 albums and they were alright, bit too cheesy though
might sit down to listen to his most acclaimed ones some time
>>
File: tumblr_nknvccDU4v1rotfiho1_500.jpg (334 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nknvccDU4v1rotfiho1_500.jpg
334 KB, 500x667
>>61811212
wow, if i wanted to be patrician i definitely wouldn't be listening to bowie. also tell me how much do you know about me and my listening habits :/ , i
>>
The time when scruffi was right

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
>>61811267
i hate when a critic has a ready definition of art and then tries to tell you which piece of art is real art, which is authentic and which is artificial. who cares, that was bowies art and thats how he done this,
>>
>>61811212
Nice projection
>>
>>61810993
>all these people pretending Bowie wasn't a god
Pathetic
>>
>>61811212
>1 Bowie album on repeat and hope that if you play it 45th time it finally clicks
I knew it.

OP just can't into Bowie and doesn't like anyone who can get an album just after one listen.

Hint: If you don't like a Bowie album after one listen, chances are it isn't for you. He's not difficult to enjoy.
>>
>>61811295
It's funny because everything scruffi says is correct right up until the conclusion. I don't think what bowie did was bad for rock music, it was just another way of approaching art (not that it hadn't been done before but maybe not quite to such a widespread audience). Bowie's music was simple, sure, and he isn't a great example of a talented musician, but he had a good voice and he knew how to appeal to an audience, and everything about his persona was artistic
>>
I'll admit I hadn't really seriously listened to Bowie before his death because I've never particularly been a fan of his style of music, but I gave Ziggy Stardust a listen and although it's not my favorite thing in the world, I get what he was doing and how important it was. Not to mention Starman damn near makes me cry.
>>
Bowie was objectively a great songwriter. If you disagree you don't know shit about music.
>>
>>61813288
>OP just can't into Bowie
But there's nothing to get, If you seriously think Bowie ever had an album above 7/10 you've been memed and will grow out of it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.