[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't appreciate music. I try to listen to music but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Cover.jpg (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
122 KB, 500x500
I can't appreciate music. I try to listen to music but I can't grasp the artistic meaning of it. Literature, I get it. But music feels so out of touch and not emotion evoking. Sometimes post-rock does something but that's very rare. What the fuck is wrong with me? I have never heard of anyone who doesn't love music. I never feel like listening to music.
>>
I don't know OP.

anyway, bump.
>>
Has this just been lately or all the time ?
>>
>>61811011
All the time.
I'm not from a first world country, not extremely third world either. So the music I exposed early was mostly movie sound tracks.
I got into actual 'music' when I was around 13/14 with pop songs of that time downloaded from Billboard lists.
Then around 15/16 I started listening to bands of all sort.
>>
>>61810355
pay attention to the lyrics more? listen to different music?

I have a friend who says he doesn't like music but he doesn't really go out of his way to listen to it.
>>
>>61811257
I don't *really* understand the lyrics to be honest.
Yeah, looking the lyrics in a website and then giving a thought, but that's it.
No feels.
>>
>>61810355
do you ever sing?
>>
>>61811647
Nope. Never.
I sometimes sing along to rap when I'm bored. But I don't sing a song of Nirvana or Queen or Beatles.
>>
Try and listen something you enjoy at face value. No deeper meaning. I can't really think of a literature equivalent (romance novels?). Most people enjoy music because they like the sound of it, not because they can analyze it.

Did you ever try listening to mainstream rap? That's a genre you can't really get too 'deep' on (there are notable exceptions of course).
>>
>>61811798
I liked the beats of mainstream rap when I was younger and sometimes humorous verses but now it all sounds pretty bad, like a boring electronic ripoff.
>>
If you derive no intrinsic artistic value, meaning, or connection from music, the just listen to fun music that doesn't attempt to connect with the listener on a personal level. There's tons of genres that mainly pander to enjoying yourself, partying, and having fun, and don't require you to actually invest yourself in the music.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.