[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Great Musicians who were Terrible Human Beings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: timbuckley.jpg (57 KB, 585x442) Image search: [Google]
timbuckley.jpg
57 KB, 585x442
ITT: Great Musicians who were Terrible Human Beings
>>
Bowie.

Molester mascu cis cum raper.
>>
He wasn't that bad.
>>
>>61798856
A child-abandoning smackhead who frequently cheated on his spouses and would legit call black people niggers so he could have fun running away
>>
File: John-Lennon.jpg (96 KB, 1015x1014) Image search: [Google]
John-Lennon.jpg
96 KB, 1015x1014
Why do dirty hippies act like John Lennon was a saint?

He physically abused both his wives, emotionally abused his son, was openly homophobic and antisemetic, was controlling and misogynist, he literally made yoko ono write a list of all the men she’d been with and shamed her for it, was openly racist, wrote a song called “woman is the n-word of the world” (except actually used the slur) and never actually did any activist work, just posed with whatever groups and signs were counter-culture for the media, stated that the idea of disabled people touching him made him sick, used to pretend to be intellectually disabled on stage as a joke, and probably tons more shit that was never documented

Stop worshipping john lennon. The Beatles are mediocre and he was a horrifying human being
>>
>>61798826
back to tumblr friendo
>>
>>61798895
And never taught his kid to swim properly
>>
>>61798895
>>61798906
gonna need citation...
>>
>>61798895
what, to normie for you?
>>
>>61798906
you can say nigger, no one will fault you for it
>>
>>61798906
this

and he's a "peace icon" ffs, people are so gullible
>>
>>61798946
I wrote the Tim Buckley thing. If it's about the nigger thing, I'm not joking. It's in a biography about him called Dream Brother. If you really really really really need me to I can maybe post a screenshot.
>>
>>61798931
topkek
>>
>>61798906
"woman is the nigger of the world" is a protest song about the mistreatment of women.
>>
>>61798987
I wanna see it
>>
>>61798906
Oh yeah he was a total cunt. Disagree with The Beatles being mediocre though that's just revisionist history bullshit. Also pretending to be retarded on stage for laughs as a joke isn't a bad thing.
>>
File: not_detected_235610.jpg (236 KB, 1782x1381) Image search: [Google]
not_detected_235610.jpg
236 KB, 1782x1381
>>61798906
Holy shit, I googled John Lennon Racism and stumbled upon this tumblr gold
>Some might say that since he married a Japanese woman, he must not be racist. However, the Japanese culture (not to mention skin tone) is almost like a chariccature of white European culture. If you were to plot the ethnicities on a scale, the Japanese would be on one end followed right behind by Caucasians. So marrying into the Japanese culture could be the ultimate actualization of his latent racist beliefs. He became even too racist for white women.

> He became even too racist for white women.
>>
Did Jeff have daddy issues? I imagine being abandoned by your dad, only meeting him once, and him referring to you as trailer trash was pretty rough.
>>
James Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsJOntdB9Bc
>>
>>61799090
..... my head hurts
>>
>>61798946

John Lennon's darker side is pretty well documented, just google john lennon controversy and you'll get the stories.

I like his music and all, but yeah he seemed to be a pretty terrible person.
>>
>>61799090
>However, the Japanese culture (not to mention skin tone) is almost like a chariccature of white European culture.

now THAT's what I call racist, vol. 2016
>>
>>61799117
Don't try to understand it son. Tumblrites create a world of their own, and once you step in you may find it hard to find your way out.
>>
>>61799099
he'd get really pissed off in interviews if tim were brought up.
>>
>>61798931
Oh, man.
You did it anon.
>>
>>61799031

>"They wandered out and saw a carful of African Americans drive by. Tim began screaming "nigger" at them. The car stopped, and the two men bolted away and through alleyways, running for their lives."
>>
>>61798931
T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K
>>
File: file.png (865 KB, 590x786) Image search: [Google]
file.png
865 KB, 590x786
>At the wheel of a rented BMW, Annie Clark crossed into the wrong lane and collided head-on with a Volvo driven by Anna Gallagher, 28, accompanied by her mother, Margaret Doherty, 63, who were both killed instantly in the accident. Clark suffered a fractured leg, fractured ribs, a concussion, and a collapsed lung. Grey received minor injuries, including severe whiplash. Clark told authorities she had no recollection of the crash and did not know why she was in the wrong lane. "I don't remember the day. I don't remember even getting up in the morning. I don't remember making my bed. What I first remember is waking up in the hospital, with a very strange feeling going on in my leg," she said at the time. Clark was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and faced up to five years in prison, but was later convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving and fined $175, which the victims' family called "a travesty of justice."
>>
>>61799377
There's that interview from like a year ago where she talked about how she'd just discovered Kate Bush "like six months ago", and then she later appeared on that BBC documentary and talked about how Kate Bush had been such a special, important influence on her teenage self.
>>
>>61799430
Thats worse than the car wreck thing
>>
>>61799527
Yeah but we all know the car wreck thing actually happened to Matthew Broderick because everyone knows that and we're not retarded.
>>
>inb4 the "David Bowie was a pedophile and a rapist" myth.
>>
Paul McCartney was a douchebag to his bandmates and tried to seduce them to do things his way
>>
>>61798528
you're not a musician, but OP is a terrible human being
>>
>>61799768
How did that whole thing come about? cause I know who Lori Maddox is, but I only just heard about that thing a few days ago
>>
>>61799873
how the fuck do you confuse paul mccartney and lauren mayberry wtf anon
>>
>>61799873
So literally like every band member ever?
>>
>>61799905
What's the point of being a band then?
>>
>>61799994
Ever heard the term keep your friends close and your enemies closer?
>>
>>61798906
I agree with you, but you can say nigger online
>>61799090
fucking hell
>>
>>61799873
well he fucking did a good job
>>
File: don-van-vliet1.jpg (226 KB, 485x585) Image search: [Google]
don-van-vliet1.jpg
226 KB, 485x585
>The group rehearsed Van Vliet's difficult compositions for eight months, living communally in a small rented house in the Woodland Hills suburb of Los Angeles. Van Vliet implemented his vision by asserting complete artistic and emotional domination of his musicians. At various times one or another of the group members was put "in the barrel", with Van Vliet berating him continually, sometimes for days, until the musician collapsed in tears or in total submission to Van Vliet.[3] According to John French and Bill Harkleroad these sessions often included physical violence. French described the situation as "cultlike"[4] and a visiting friend said "the environment in that house was positively Manson-esque."[5] Their material circumstances also were dire. With no income other than welfare and contributions from relatives, the group survived on a bare subsistence diet. French recounted living on no more than a small cup of soybeans a day for a month[6] and at one point band members were arrested for shoplifting food (with Zappa bailing them out).[7] A visitor described their appearance as "cadaverous" and said that "they all looked in poor health". Band members were restricted from leaving the house and practiced for 14 or more hours a day. Vliet once told drummer John French he had been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and thus he would see nonexistent conspiracies that explained this behaviour.[8]
>>
manipulative heroin addict and violent racist
>>
Flying Lotus

>I saw Flying Lotus a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

>I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw FlyLo trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

>When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
File: ginger baker.jpg (220 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
ginger baker.jpg
220 KB, 500x700
There is literally no worse human being in music.
>>
>>61800891
he made shit music too aside from his first record
>>
>>61800980
this pasta will always be tasty
>>
File: 200px-Dr._girlfriend.png (66 KB, 200x184) Image search: [Google]
200px-Dr._girlfriend.png
66 KB, 200x184
>>61799377

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Broderick#1987_car_accident
>>
>>61800926
eh sounds like a wash to me
>>
File: file.png (499 KB, 508x507) Image search: [Google]
file.png
499 KB, 508x507
I met Annie Clark once. There was a show in my city in about 2012. She was in Urban Outfitters with a Strange Mercy CD in her hand. I remember being about 17 because it was the first time I drove to the mall by myself. I assume she was wanting to buy it and see if the clerk recognized her or something, I can't imagine any other reason.

Anyway I wanted a chance to talk to her so I waited until she got in the checkout line and grabbed some shitty hipster wristband (didn't want it but I wanted to get in line behind Annie before anyone else) and got behind her. I kept trying to think of something to say to her, but I was way too nervous. When she got to the counter the clerk was like
>"Will that be all, ma'am?"
and she said
>"Uhhh yeah, I guess so. I was wondering if you've heard this album yet; I'm just not sure if it's any good or not."

Here's where it gets good.

The clerk had no clue it was Annie Clark and said
>"Yeah I listened to it a week ago, It's a St. Vincent album so of course it's kinda pretentious and all the songs sound the same. That's just my opinion, though."
Annie just said
>"Oh."
and swallowed really deeply. I could tell she was in some kind of emotional pain so I didn't talk to her, I figured being in line behind her was cool enough, you know?

She didn't even reply when the cashier told her to have a nice day, she just walked away. When I put my bracelet on the counter I saw Annie stomping back, and she told the cashier with tears in her voice,
>"Take it back!"
>"Okay ma'am, let me just see your receipt."
>"Not the fuckin CD, what you said about me!"
>"I didn't say anything about y-"
>"I'm Annie fucking Clark, I fucking am St. Vincent!"

The cashier was speechless and I just muttered
>"H-Hi Annie I'm a really big fan."
and she said
>"Thanks kid."
and shook my hand and left, flipping over a shirt stand on the way out.
>>
>>61801032
stories pls
>>
>>61800926

Meh Nico basically relied on either Lou Reed or John Cale throughout her career.
>>
80% of the punk population from 76 to 83.
>>
>>61801202
watch Beware of Mr. Baker
>>
>>61800926
>great musicians
>>
File: 0DO9D6.png (42 KB, 304x359) Image search: [Google]
0DO9D6.png
42 KB, 304x359
>>61798906

>n-word
>>
>>61798906
You missed the meaning of woman is the nigger of the world" The beatles are not mediocer..John lennon and paul mccartney have an unmatched body of songs..aswell as some of the greatest songs ever written...A day in the life was revolutionary in the world of music and brought forth so many other ideas from so many bands. He did way more good than bad. how about you stop criticizing? no one is perfect. what good have you done for the world? Please do not mention my grammar and syntax...Just trying to get a point across.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1200x1200
>>61798826
Tumbluristas need to to

>>61798906
Lennon was a fucking dick
>>
David Bowie is great but he didn't have to be such a shit to Gary Numan back then.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.